Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

Well I feel the best thing to do for an incompetent staff who is humble and willing to learn, is to send the person for training on the part he or she will play so that he doesn't end up making the company run at loss
I don't think if it is a good idea to keep this kinds of people in your business or company, this only means that they are not serious in what they do, is not a good idea keeping those kinds of people.

Advertisement Placeholder
An incompetent employee will always be a stumbling block to the success of an organisation, so as to prevent your company from being affected , drastic measure must be taken .

An incompetent employee will always be a stumbling block to the success of an organisation, so as to prevent your company from being affected , drastic measure must be taken .
I completely agree with you, but for me I don't think if it's a good idea to keep these Kinds of people in our Businesses, my reason for saying that is because they won't help in the success of the business but rather be a stumbling block to others.

An incomplete workers will always be a stumbling block because they will always hinder the progress of our business , but I believe every one deserve a second chance , but I he didn't change , then you can dismiss him or her .
I completely agree with you, but for me I don't think if it's a good idea to keep these Kinds of people in our Businesses, my reason for saying that is because they won't help in the success of the business but rather be a stumbling block to others.

Well a serious handling of an incompetent employees is just like handling an unproductive element in an organisation. sometimes people are not employed based on merit but some personal relationship and it leads to that.

Having an incompetent employees in your company will cost you a lot of damages to your company, to avoid such you must employ a competent worker and train them regularly,but if they fail to leave up to standard then you lay them off so as to avoid destruction of your business, then make sure you employ a competent and qualified employee and train them regularly.
It is true that if an incompetent employee is kept in the company it will cost the company a lot of things.
If the incompetent employee is not shown the way without, it will definitely affect the productivity of the company negatively.

My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
Before an employee will be promoted, he must be doing good before, which means he's now relaxing because he has been promoted. Their is no better way to deal with situation like that than demoting the employee back to his formal level

An incomplete workers will always be a stumbling block because they will always hinder the progress of our business , but I believe every one deserve a second chance , but I he didn't change , then you can dismiss him or her .
That's true, you are not expected to keep those kinds of people in our businesses because they will not help in the success of the business but rather they'll introduce failure.

My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
That employee will first have to be given a stern warning and reminded that every employee is not indispensable in the company. You could also suspend him if he continues with this attitude, and if he fails to change his behavior even after that, then you will be left no choice but to relieve him of his duties.

To avoid any possibility of business drawback an employee who is not able to fit in any organisation he or she is working should be suspended . These employees may be good in other areas of business too.

To avoid any possibility of business drawback an employee who is not able to fit in any organisation he or she is working should be suspended . These employees may be good in other areas of business too.
As a rule of thumb, I believe it would be wise to start by making some warnings and if the incompetence continues it would be wise to carry such drastic measures.

Incompetence is such a very bad attitude that should not be condoned with in any business or company. It might spread like virus to the other employees and that would not be good.

Since he has already done a lot for the company, he needs to be treated with respect and caution, but his excesses shouldn't always be disregarded.
He should constantly be reminded of his responsibilities in the office

In every organisation there are laid down and stipulated rules and every person in the organisation should abide by that rules,it should not be a case of selective justice,it should apply to all in the firm.

Easy task for you to be managing somebody that is incompetent. But I always try to advocate that you should understand that it is possible that they did not subject matter and instead you should try to teach them.

In every organisation there are laid down and stipulated rules and every person in the organisation should abide by that rules,it should not be a case of selective justice,it should apply to all in the firm.
There are rules and regulation guiding and binding each and every workers in a company , so any workers that break the rules of the organisations should be severely dealt with not minding his or her rank or position.

Well, it's hard to deal with lazy employees. Usually by making use of perks like rating, vouchers or some other benefits we could increase the competitive nature among the employees.

However, if someone just doesn't want to do anything, then it's better to ask them about their work in front of others like in a meeting. They wouldn't be able to handle such situations and will try to work hard from that moment.

That's what I had observed so far. Just let us know if you come across any other efficient ways later, to deal with such employees.

I don't really think this should be an issue because I believe that there are thousands of people who would want to be in that position the employee is mismanaging. Although it will be very appropriate to give a warning first.

taking the step of laying him off try to make him understand the danger he is likely to bring to the company, then if there are no changes then make a cut in his payment, if there are still no changes then you can lay him off.

There are rules and regulation guiding and binding each and every workers in a company , so any workers that break the rules of the organisations should be severely dealt with not minding his or her rank or position.
That is just what an ideal organisation should be in terms of guildings its principles and intergrity.Everyone should be able to come unders the companies rules,non should be exempted.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds