Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

I'll set up a disciplinary Committee which will take action. If the incessant behaviour passes the shred of two times, I'll lay him off so he does not influence others.

Advertisement Placeholder
My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
If I may ask what else does the company wants if workers or employees can't provide them with more clients at the end of the business day so they could make much money, what I notice here is that your father is hating on the guy I guess.

An incompetent employee an really become a problem In your business if not handled with caution and care too. You have to give them a he benefit of the doubt don't r sometime. And if no noticeable improvement, i think you can let them go

It is always good for you and your business to always try to remind employees to act according to their job description and any failure in this might result in a sanction.

An incompetent employee an really become a problem In your business if not handled with caution and care too. You have to give them a he benefit of the doubt don't r sometime. And if no noticeable improvement, i think you can let them go
Well said, when it. Comes to incompetent employees, the best solution which is also the most effective one would be to let them go, if you have tried to put them through once or twice and there is still no positive results or even a little sign of improvement, let them go. There is always an over flow of workers needed.

There is virtually no need carrying a dead horse because it's going to be a dead weight to your load which is why it's very necessary for you to release a staff who is not ready to work for you and find who is capable and ready to work for you.
One thing most people do not know when it comes to an incompetent employee is the fact that leaving them in your organisation when you know fully aware that they are incompetent can bring your business down as they can lead your business into losing several good deals.

If an incompetent employee was employed, to me the best is is retaining him and see how you can utilize his person to teach him the job the keep him/her.

He might not even be delibrately being lax on the job, might be he feels it's time he relax Abit as he has worked a lot in the past not knowing how this looks to onlookers.

Every individual deserve to be given a second chance,it could be as a result of trying to understand others,I will still retain the staff as long as is incompetence has never causes damage to my company progress

It is never a problem to handle the incompetence employees, if he is ready to learn and abide, you can set up a training for him but if he is proofing to be stubborn then you find way to ignore him a reasonable post

Such an employee risks dismissal, don't ever think you are the best, lots of professionals out there who are doing the same job better that him, even working for international bodies. Whatever we have, let's be serious with it. He needs to be warned and put on probation till he gets serious, else he will be definitely demoted.
One thing about some staff members is that ones you start showing them that they are indespensable when it comes to doing the job,then that human nature of too much dependent will set in.But the rules of the outfit needs to be realed to such an individual.

handling difficult employees is the best bad thing that will happen to your business ,having incompetent individuals in your company may damage it ,you really need to know that ,find a true person who is well able and capable

Such employee, if you see a little feature of seriousness and focus in such person, all you need to do is send the person for on that field. By doing that you'll be encouraging the person and also building your company.

He has to be handled with respect and caution, since he has already done much for the firm but his excesses should not always be overlooked. He should also be always reminded of his role in the office.
I don't see any need to try to reason with an incompetent employee. He should be told point blank to behave if not he should be sacked

He or she should be served a query or something. Such incompetence should not be tolerated, if not he or she will keep feeling irreplaceable.
I once had an incompetent staff, the young man would come to work late and still sleep off during working hours. I had to fire him right away. It took me time to get someone else, but am glad I got rid of him.
My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.

The truth is we all cannot be perfect and we all show some symptoms of pride at one stage of our lives if he feels like a boss now, the advise is let your father allow him enjoy ghe moments while it last.

Look for strategies to assist the underperforming employees in your life in becoming better employees. Make an effort to get to know them. Don't assume they're acting in ill faith. Inquire about their requirements (better explanations, more feedback, additional resources).

I think it will be better to call the person and calmly talk about his faults and how he should do better, let him put himself in your shoes as the employer and try to understand. If the person is ready to do better, there will be a change.Sometimes the person might be going through something especially if he was competent at first and recently becomes incompetent.

For me I don't see any reason for me to be managing an incompetent employee because I know that once an employee is incompetent there is no way that you can correct him or having to train the employee would take the business time and money so it will be cheaper for the business to employ another employee that is competent.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds