Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

We all understand that in the business world, there are various types of people with various personalities, so we cannot be despised. However, one thing we must learn is how to understand one another. As a boss in a company, you must comprehend all of your employees in order to maintain peace in your workplace.

Advertisement Placeholder
There isn't, in my opinion, a better approach to deal with an incompetent than to fire them and replace them with capable workers. You don't have to pay for anything that you find offensive...not cool at all. Call the individual... Indicate the employee's error... Spend some time teaching this person... If the person refuses to stop being incompetent after a few months, make a replacement with a competent person.

There isn't, in my opinion, a better approach to deal with an incompetent than to fire them and replace them with capable workers. You don't have to pay for anything that you find offensive...not cool at all. Call the individual... Indicate the employee's error... Spend some time teaching this person... If the person refuses to stop being incompetent after a few months, make a replacement with a competent person.

This is why many companies have mentors who could guide and help the workers. This also involves co-operating with the job trainer and helping workers to problems that might be making them "incompetent".

IMy father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
If it were a junior staff, it would be more easier to handle. If the person does his job well despite his laziness, it would be easier to ignore until the management gets wind of his actions and acts on it. If it affects other workers, they cam jointly complain, but it should not be left to one person.

I think a worker like that won't have anything to contribute to your dad's business, thus I would suggest firing him after a few corrections. Try to convince him of the risk he poses to the business before taking the step of terminating his employment. If that doesn't work, reduce his compensation. If that doesn't work either, lay him off.

Some people prefer sacking their incompetent emloyee immediately whennthey make a mistakes , but i believe in second chance for the people that make a mistake before terminating their appointment if they fail to change .

No matter what you do there will always be one employee in every company who is incapable of performing the duties assigned to him. In these circumstances, you can either retrain the employee if you still love him or fire him and hire a new employee in his place.

I think it is best to try and reform the employee in question through warnings and admonition, but if all falls on deaf ears, I believe the best course of action would be to relieve him or her of their duties as a worker

The only way this could be completely avoided is for the person to be totally suspended if they can't handle the responsibilities they are being asked to do, that's just the only way except they are willing to change then second Chance might be given.

the only way to handle incompetent staff is to send them for more training and ensure that they keep improving so they can level up and provide enough value

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds