Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

The best way is that:
You must give the employee the opportunity to improve.
The employee may think that they are doing the job properly. It’s never pleasant to tell someone that they are not up to scratch and many employers are reluctant to do so. You should explain to the employee what they are doing wrong.
The best way I think we as the boss or the owner of the company can handle incompetent employee is to call his or her attention to their incompetence and give them room to improve before firing them

Advertisement Placeholder
It might just be the best thing for you that whenever you are having an incompetent employee then you should try to educate them based on what you want as sometimes education might just be able to trigger them to become hard-working.

It might just be the best thing for you that whenever you are having an incompetent employee then you should try to educate them based on what you want as sometimes education might just be able to trigger them to become hard-working.
Most director or boss think the best way of dealing with imcompetence is by sacking and terminating the appointment of their incompetent workers not knowing that they can give them the chance by lecturing them.

The most important thing you have to do here if you want to help the person is to find out the reason why the person is not able to meet up to the demands of the business organisation. Maybe that is how you can be able to follow up effectively to help the person meet up to the standard of the organisation.

My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
In this the company should be made aware of his incompetence in the work place. But be careful with the way you present this, as it may make you look jealous

My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
It's normal for employees to become unserious or fatigued in a particular position. He or she needs proper orientation constantly in order not to rest on his oars. Also, good supervision is very necessary.

In most cases it will be very difficult. You will have to encourage the person and if the encouragement does not work maybe the person who will not have any other option than to resign. The business management will have to decide this.

Well I feel the best thing to do for an incompetent staff who is humble and willing to learn, is to send the person for training on the part he or she will play so that he doesn't end up making the company run at loss

If this employee of your father thinks he can't be laid off because he has been given an important position in the company, he is very mistaken. There is no where that company is his for him to do as he likes. He might just get shocker of his life when he gets a sack letter from the company. Your dad really has to make him see these facts before it's too late.

Having an incompetent employees in your company will cost you a lot of damages to your company, to avoid such you must employ a competent worker and train them regularly,but if they fail to leave up to standard then you lay them off so as to avoid destruction of your business, then make sure you employ a competent and qualified employee and train them regularly.
An incompetent employee is always a disadvantage to your company because I or she will always be slowing down your work and it will be affecting the sales and he or she can also influence another workers negatively.

He has to be handled with respect and caution, since he has already done much for the firm but his excesses should not always be overlooked. He should also be always reminded of his role in the office.
What i think should b ]e the most appropriate thing to do is that the individual involvrd should be shown and brief of the ethics and minimum behavioural standard in the organisation,this will go a long way to instil discipline.

If this employee of your father thinks he can't be laid off because he has been given an important position in the company, he is very mistaken. There is no where that company is his for him to do as he likes. He might just get shocker of his life when he gets a sack letter from the company. Your dad really has to make him see these facts before it's too late.
That's why I said it is not a good idea to have family members as your workers, not all time's but most of the times we use to have such kinds of problem, but I think the best way to handle the this kind of situation is to let the person go.

As a boss or the manager of an organisation , handling an incompetent employing must be done with care , you first need to call their attention to their incompetence , then sanction them if need be .

For me I don't think if there's a need to keep any employee that will not contribute to the growth of the company or business, the best thing to do is to let those kind of people go.

Incompetent employees are disaster to every business enterprise because they may not even be productive to the company and expenditure will be made in payment.

Some employee are always incompetent because they are normally lazy and when they meet with other lazy people , they tend to be lazy at work But if they meet with a serious employee , he will always put them on probation.

Actually incompetent employees are not quite different from death equipment which has no value to the company the best thing to do is to terminate there appointment and make replacement of there position.

The first thing that you should do is to consider trying to train them on that particular aspect that they are not proficient in and that sometimes can be enough.

Some employee are always incompetent because they are normally lazy and when they meet with other lazy people , they tend to be lazy at work But if they meet with a serious employee , he will always put them on probation.
Yeah exactly, I don't think if it's a good idea to employ lazy employees, because they won't do anything that will help in the success of the business or company.

The first thing that you should do is to consider trying to train them on that particular aspect that they are not proficient in and that sometimes can be enough.
I believe that managers generally should be more experience in management most especially those that deal with his or her area of concentration. It will be really surprising when you come to find out that they are not up to the task expected of him to do.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds