Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Handling an Incompetent employee

Such an employee risks dismissal, don't ever think you are the best, lots of professionals out there who are doing the same job better that him, even working for international bodies. Whatever we have, let's be serious with it. He needs to be warned and put on probation till he gets serious, else he will be definitely demoted.

Advertisement Placeholder
Such an employee risks dismissal, don't ever think you are the best, lots of professionals out there who are doing the same job better that him, even working for international bodies. Whatever we have, let's be serious with it. He needs to be warned and put on probation till he gets serious, else he will be definitely demoted.
I believe in giving the person a chance. Therefore, I agree with you that they should be warned and put on probation. Most employees make positive changes after that. Those who don't get demoted.

That's what my boss use to say , don't think you at indispensable because there at many people out there who are ready to talk over your job and do far more better job than you if you are dismissed .

My father's usually comes home to complain of an Incompetent employee, that doesn't put in much hours in the job. The employee was recently promoted to head of a department, so he feels that he can slack off because he now heads the department, and he can't be easily laid off because he's an important figure in the business who has brought much clients to the company.
How can one make him to drop his lax ways and become diligent once again.
I still don't get it, incompetent staff that has brought much clients to the company. To me that is a contradictions. The sole aim of a business is have a clients that will purchase they product and services. He can be lax and incompetent as far he or she is bringing in client that sustain the company, I would retain such staff.

I still don't get it, incompetent staff that has brought much clients to the company. To me that is a contradictions. The sole aim of a business is have a clients that will purchase they product and services. He can be lax and incompetent as far he or she is bringing in client that sustain the company, I would retain such staff.
I think it's a dicey situation. In a case like that, you must ensure such a staff is trained regularly in order to improve his or her ability and that will be better than disengaging the staff.

The first thing your father needs to do is to schedule a meeting with the worker and discuss things with him. If it doesn't turn a new leaf, your father should look for another person that work for him who will also be bring the same result as the man. Over time it will affect other people with his laziness so it is better to get rid of him in as soon as possible.

The best thing to do again after trying your advise is to call the incompetent worker in question and warn him for at least two times and after that , serve him a query if he or she doesn't repent.
The first thing your father needs to do is to schedule a meeting with the worker and discuss things with him. If it doesn't turn a new leaf, your father should look for another person that work for him who will also be bring the same result as the man. Over time it will affect other people with his laziness so it is better to get rid of him in as soon as possible.

I think the best way to handle them is by getting them out of the company, even after all the training you've given to them. I think if the employee is dispensable, why not.

For erring employees a query, or sanction and that's of demotion will do, once they are aware of the incoming doom if they don't sit up again when carrying out their duties they'll be more likely to out in extra work.
If your employee is not really ready to work for you I don't see the reason why you should be wasting your time trying to get him to follow his water description which she already knows when he was giving his appointment letter so it is better to have him sacked and replaced.

We all know this in field of business we have different type people with different characters and we can not be desame...but one is that we have to learn how to understand each other as boss in company you have to understand all your workers so that there will be peace in your place of work
As far as I'm concerned there is no need for me to stress myself trying to handle and incompetent employee when there are so many combatants people are there seeking for job.

There are many ways in which you can handle an incompetent employee , you can start by talking to them for a change of heart and after then giving them query for their incompetence.
As far as I'm concerned there is no need for me to stress myself trying to handle and incompetent employee when there are so many combatants people are there seeking for job.

It's not good to have incompetent employee in company, this can make company weak through he/she duty. He/she bring many customers to company doesn't matter, if he/she is not carry out duty those customers can be later loosed.
Sometimes I used to worry about someone who actually wanted to come and work for a company and at the same time not willing to contribute very well to the progress of the company.

Since he formed an integral part of the business firm. Maybe your faylther should apply humor, care, love to appeal his or her soul to restrain from such detestable act of yours. Also he should know that the best can also be dropped in any given time. Even when he feels irreplaceable, their are others far better than him and can offer more than he offer.
I always believe that every worker can be removed from their duty especially when they feel that they cannot be replaced by doing how they feel when they fail to do so in the business.

Having incompetent employees in your company or business will really cost the person enough damage to your business, so one need to avoid such employee in the company.

I always believe that every worker can be removed from their duty especially when they feel that they cannot be replaced by doing how they feel when they fail to do so in the business.
That's true dearie, it wouldn't be possible that an employee proves to be superior when he or she is hired to do a job. Sacking is feasible when the employer sees reasons to give such employee matching orders.

First you need to talk to him and warn him to sit up or loose his job. Place him on probation for a few months and watch his behaviour, if he doesn't improve then you will have to lay him off or else his incompetency will affect your business.
There are so many people that are unemployed out there who are looking for opportunity to have them self committed and dedicated to their job which is why I'm not going to stress myself over an incompetent employee.

Any employee that does not value the rule , regulation and the ethics of the organisation should be dismissed , but should be given a benefit of a doubt and allow to Change ,but if he doesn't Change , he should be sacked.

An incompetent employee may not be Fired if he is willing to learn, but if it's otherwise, showing such employee the way out of the company is not a harsh decision.

The best way is that:
You must give the employee the opportunity to improve.
The employee may think that they are doing the job properly. It’s never pleasant to tell someone that they are not up to scratch and many employers are reluctant to do so. You should explain to the employee what they are doing wrong.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds