Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
People are tends to make mistakes, because no body is a perfect human being.
So, giving an employee that as make one or two mistakes is not a bad thing to do,you are only allowing the person to be a better person and serve you better.

Advertisement Placeholder
Everyone deserves a second chance in life. Giving a employee is not a bad idea. If the offence committed doesn't deter the reputation of the organization,I believe such person deserves a second chance.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
The problem of loosing people's trust to the hand of dishonesty is a critical issue that takes a lifetime to ease. In the mind of the business owner, he might forgive such staff but the injury won't heal even with time. So giving a second chance might change the person for good but the image is dent already.

Giving a staff or employee a second chance isn't in anyway a bad idea, everyone deserves a second chance. Even God almighty gave us more than a second chance to change our ways. In conclusion if such employee is ready to change his way then he deserves a second chance.

for me i dont think i give a second chance but i do give a looooooong first one

I think it is hard for us human to give a second chance, especially in a situation where trust is involved.

I believe in the saying "Anyone deserves a second chance" to employees who are hardworking, trustworthy, and positive attitude towards work who made a mistake that his manager or employer knew he was not that kind of employee. But for others who just made it a hobby to be stubborn at work, and do not see a contribution to their daily entry, here that maybe "One is enough, Two is too much" will come, sorry but no second chance for this kind of employee.

If your member of staff or employee has learned from whatever he or she did to you, and now knows how to make things right, it's OK to consider a second chance. If you feel like he or she doesn't understand the repercussions of his or her actions, then nothing has been learned at all — and sadly, nothing will change

To my best opinion I think it's better to give everyone who has missed it at point in time the second chance to make things right.
Some offence are committed out of ignorant mind or being deceived.
[automerge]1612736432[/automerge]
To my best opinion I think it's better to give everyone who has missed it at point in time the second chance to make things right.
Some offence are committed out of ignorant mind or being deceived.

There is a saying that goes “No one is above mistake” I believe as an employee there are days where you have bad day and off day and this might affect your productivity at work, if this happens it cost most people warning and I feel employer needs to know human are bound to make mistake because even machines are not 100% efficient. Second chance should be given to employees that made a mistake or did something wrong and after that a warning and maybe anything else.

it is a great and valuable opportunity to grant an employee a second chance in order to turn a new leaf and this chance may even change her mind for the best to adopt a very good attributes and qualities

I am a firm believer of secob chances and I feel that giving second chance to staff is not a bad thing it's just a warning to the staff that if he or she repeat such mistake again he or she sacked. I will surely give my staff second chance and last chance to correct his or her mistake. It's a good thing to give your staff a second chance and an opportunity to correct their mistakes

It depend on the offense that the employee commit,if what he did deserve to be sack it's advisable not to give him the second chance bcoz why he did may still repeat itself.

giving an employee a second chance is not a bad idea but it's not an easy decision or a decision that should be taken so easily cause it's based on the level of trust and how effective,honestly,and transparency of the employee is .

It actually depends on the employee and his/her offense. Some offenses are not worth second Chance because it can ruin business for the business owner. However, if any body is givwn a second choice but he/she decides not to heed warning, they should be penalized

If the said employee that is requesting for a second chance is not a fraudulent type, and the offense he/she committed does not have anything to do with stealing, then definitely the person can earn back everyone's trust if it's confirmed that he/she has turned a new leaf.

Giving a staff the chance of second time actually depends on the gravity of offence committed by such staff. In a case where the offence is not too bad,he or she can be granted a second chance offer

I’ve never met a business owner who felt good about firing employees. Even when the employee deserved to be let go for excessive tardiness, ineffective work product, or countless other justifiable reasons to terminate employment, the owners I’ve spoken with have shared how they struggle with the decision because—deep down—they know that employee is still a person with a family to support and bills to pay.
Ultimately, this type of empathy or human kindness may cause you to reconsider this very same thing in running your own small business. But when you should you give someone a second chance and when should you say that enough is enough, it’s time to let them go?

Some of the bosses wants to fired their staff immediately after the incident occur. Some wants to listen their side first. For me I would rather hear their story first and when I heard its only a minor offense then I will give them a second chance.

Given an employee a second chance is not a bad idea because nobody is above mistake, what a such employee do might not be intentional, but once the employer notice such an employee is at repeating the same behavior, I think letting the employee go will be a good idea for the sake of the business.
You are quite correct here. To give an employee second chance is not a bad idea provided the err employee has shown some remorsefulness and you could that he or she is genuine, it's good to give such an employee a second chance.

We all have our individual differences and it's what makes us to feel differently to many things. Some people can easily forgive you when you wrong them and ask for forgiveness while some people will never forget nor forgive you at all. Some can't trust you ever again when you break their trust.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds