Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

No human is above mistake and as such we need to overlook each other's mistake and move on in life whether in the family, among pairs or at place if work but that still doesn't mean we shouldn't set boundaries after moving on so I think an employee should be given another chance to prove his or her self

Advertisement Placeholder
Whether to give a second chance or not, it all depends on the kind of offense of the employee. Not every offence deserves a second chance. For example, an employee that is involved in fraudulent activities, I given a second chance will serve as bad egg and may also instill the act in others as well

Everyone deserve a second chance so giving your employee a second chance it's not bad but if the second chance is not being used effectively I think you have no option than to sack him you should not play with your business and at the same time,
At the same time don't be an evil businessman show politeness with your employees

Giving a employee another opportunity doesn't mean you pardon awful conduct. All things being equal, it's a chance for development (yours and theirs). Here's the manner by which to help colleagues prevail after a bumble. Now and again workers are unmindful that their exhibition or conduct is an issue

All good and considerate employers would always give their employees a second chance according to my own opinion. Some employees mistakes might be due to circumstances or situations that is beyond their own power and I think a second chance can help such people

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
Everybody in life deserve a second chance in life, if an employee made a mistakes and he/she realises what he/she has done wrong, he deserve anither chance coshe can later do better that the best employee later.

If the mistake is acceptable and able to give the chance one more I will definitely give them one more chance because if in 10 years are in 15 years they did not make any mistake and it did by mistake so I will not punish them instead I will give them one or two more chance to work properly and avoid making same mistake again I hope they will manage everything properly and they will progress their development so giving chance is good but it depends on the mistake that is the mistake bad for acceptable most of the time mistakes are not acceptable so we should punish them or disqualified from the job.

Giving an employee a first or second chance depends on what the employee does. Some offence are so unforgivable that such employee will be shown the door outrightly while leniency could still be applied to some.

There are different kinds of offense, there are some offense that if the employee committed the employee don't deserve to be punished, but if the offense very drastic then the employee can be punished or be given a second chance.

If God who created heaven and earth and everything thereoff can give us second chance to repent from our evil way. Definitely there's nothing bad in giving our staff second chance when he or she goes wrong.
[automerge]1612718487[/automerge]
If God who created heaven and earth and everything thereoff can give us second chance to repent from our evil way. Definitely there's nothing bad in giving our staff second chance when he or she goes wrong.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
Well it depends, not all staff u give second chance will actually end bad, I once had a staff I sacked once, but she pleaded and I gave her a second chance, and since then she has been giving her best, and it also depends on the offence

If your partner has learned from whatever he or she did to you, and now knows how to make things right, it's OK to consider a second chance. If you feel like he or she doesn't understand the repercussions of his or her actions, then nothing has been learned at all.

Giving staff or employee a second chance is very risky although it simply depends on the nature of commitment, secondly it depends the qualities of services he renders to the company and the clients that patronise the company.

Overcome the rejection. Let go of any bitterness, disappointment or embarrassment. ...
Be more strategic. This means more research and more and better use of the connections you made the first time around. ...
Show your progress. ...
Stay in touch. ...
Build bridges.

I will give a staff that is giving me issues a second chances, but there will an agreement that if such situations repeat themselves again, he or she is going to be sacked. This is the best way to keep that kind of staff on their toes, while they keep doing their best.

Giving an employee a second chance in business is a normal phenomenon. Reason is, better a known devil than a strange angel. To straighten up an erring employee's ass, simply issue a query.

If the offence is not that serious he can be given a second chance.but normally the staff is supposed to be given a second chance but if he makes such mistakes again he then can be fired.

Giving an employee a second chance doesn’t mean you excuse bad behavior. Instead, it’s an opportunity for growth (yours and theirs). Here’s how to help team members succeed after a fumble.

Giving second chance to staff is not a bad thing it's just a warning to the staff that if he or she repeat such mistake again he or she sacked. I will surely give my staff second chance and last chance to correct his or her mistake. It's a good thing to give your staff a second chance
Yes, you are saying the truth, but it at the SME time depends on the offense the staff in question committed. If his offense is what I can endure and at the same time not harmful to my business, I will give him or her a second chance to know if he has really changed.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Sometimes we make mistakes when we are naive and tend to learn after the first experience but if after the first we do not learn and mess up the second chance, then it's outrightly the employees fault.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds