Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

Of course most employees could be fully trusted again when given a second chance to continue working, as they must have fully realized their mistake and ready to make things right and workout for the betterment of the company. If I'm a boss and I let go of an employee and he pleaded with me I'm sure going to know if his plead is genuine therefore giving him a second chance to correct his wrongs.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the kind of offence to be forgiven, if its a company's theft its a big offence and will encroach the trust employer has in the employee but if its other little offence then second chance can be given only if the person shows a sign of change

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
There is nothing bad in giving an err staff second chance so far such staff has sign of remorsefulness and you could read that he or she is willing to change. The second chance will help such staff to make amends.

Given an employee a second chance is not a bad idea because nobody is above mistake, what a such employee do might not be intentional, but once the employer notice such an employee is at repeating the same behavior, I think letting the employee go will be a good idea for the sake of the business.

It is not a bad idea to give employers second chance because the first error might be a mistake. Or if the employee knows that he has did something wrong, the employee can be given second chance. But if the employee is not feeling remorseful, then such person does not deserve second chance.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
Sometimes it seems like some people are naturally stubborn from birth. There some people in which irrespective of the number of times you punish them they will still keep on repeating the same thing, but some staffs do take correction after first query.

According to my own opinion, there is nothing bad in giving an employee a second chance. This might even help the employee by changing him into becoming a good person. He will serve you with all his might if you do

It depends on the offence, if the offence is not that grievous, I can give him second chance to put himself right again but if the offence is grievous, I won't give him second chance because he may repeat it.

According to my own point of view, I believe giving a staff/employee a second chance is not a bad idea. But still it depends on what crime the staff/ employee has committee. You need to be sure if it is a mistake or not before consider giving him a second chance

The truth is, everyone deserves a second chance. Whatever the employee must have done, there might be a good reason why it happened. Although there are some employees that you will give a fourth and fifth chance and they wont still change. Give a second chance and if the person does not change, you can let him/her go.

It depends on the scenario, if the employee is a high performing one, and shows sign of remorse I can offer a second chance.
It also depends on the severity of the offence, I can never tolerate an offence like stealing or assault.

Giving a staff or an employee a second chance is a good idea because no one is above mistake. When it becomes obvious that that staff must or should be sacked will be when after you have given that stuff a second chance he repeats that same thing that he did earlier, by then, you should know that that staff or employee is due for sacking.

If your partner has learned from whatever he or she did to you, and now knows how to make things right, it's OK to consider asecond chance. If you feel like he or she doesn't understand the repercussions of his or her actions, then nothing has been learned at all — and sadly, nothing will change.

If you ask me, I will say it is very okay for an employee or anyone for that matter to be given a second chance to make amends. This is because we will expect others to give us a second chance too if we did something wrong. And the bible rightly said that we should do unto others whet we want them do unto us. This is my take.

In business, to enable the smooth running you need to employ the service of people, when the people make a mistake it is good to point that mistake out to them and ask them for solutions. Giving them a second chance is good because nobody is perfect and they just might turn out to be better

Yes,they should be given a second chance because all human beings are given a second chance by God,after this chance I suggest you don't rely on them again,if they fail to change their ways then you can dismiss them

Giving a staff second chance is actually dependent onnwhat the staff as done, did he commit a crime like theft, or stealing or denying customers their access to product, or he reported himself for what he did wrong or hr bridged some or one of the companies rules and regulations. These are the things that guide's your judgment. If it's something serious and you find out, you may fire him, bit if he comes to report himself you may look into the matter critically and Give him second with placing him on probation and watch list

It all depend on the offense. If the employee is a corrupt one who has been stealing and doing other malicious things, he shouldn't been given second chance and serve as lesson to the others in which he has been influencing but if it's a minor offense like late coming and he has not been doing that before, he should be given a second chance

Like you said is a matter of trust and understanding
If you trust the employee and you believe he can increase his or her input then you can give him or her a second chance
Giving an employee a second chance is not a bad idea if you trust him

If the mistake made by the employee is not too costly I can still give a second chance. We are all human being and we are liable to make mistake. The only thing I would not tolerate from such employee is repeating mistakes who shows a sign of foolishness. In fact, it was mistake that give birth to Zero Coke. The CEO attempt to come up with new concept and the market rejected which cost Coca cola lots of money. He was fired and later re hired and he was about to push the product to successful.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds