Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

Advertisement Placeholder
There is actually no stable or simple answer for this, it can be sometimes a good thing to do, especially if the employee was a decent worker, but sometimes it can be a huge mistake since some people don't really learn from their mostakes

Well, one has to consider the circumstance(s) surrounding the mistake or error the employee made. Some situations do not deserve a second chance at all especially if it poses a direct risk on the reputation, human life or any serious issue. However, some employee make mistakes because of the situations they were in like blackmail or threat. So one has to put everything into consideration.

If your partner has learned from whatever he or she did to you, and now knows how to make things right, it's OK to consider a second chance. If you feel like he or she doesn't understand the repercussions of his or her actions, then nothing has been learned at all — and sadly, nothing will change

If your partner has learned from whatever he or she did to you, and now know how to make things right, it's ok to consider a second chance.if you feel like he or she doesn't understand the repercussions of his or her actions,then nothing a been learned at all _ and sadly, nothing will change

As for me it's a good idea and I also believe in third chance because you will use that as a warning and such staff/employee will realised his or her mistakes and changed also learn from there mistakes and such people won't want such to happen the second time or third time because they will have it at the back of there mind that they will lose there job if such happen again

Various business comes with various policies and implementations, The idea of giving second chance is good though normally taken for granted.In a financial firm such opportunities are limited.the watch word should be, don't take chances for granted.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
No harm giving someone who may have erred a second chance, but when that is done, the person should be under close observation so that he does not do something that would be greater than his former offense. Close monitoring is key in this case.

The staff is also the backbone of your business. On the other hand staff can take your business to higher position or low down it. If the staff member is loyal to work and an honest person then you must give him a chance otherwise you will lost an honest employee. And if he is not loyal then fire him because in another chance he may take you more to loss.

Everybody deserves a second chance at life. There are some mistakes that are herbitual. This no longer becomes mistake but delibrate act. And this can cripple the overall development and advancement of that establishment. Look at the merit of the crime committed.by the staff first and take the necessary sanctions as deem fit.

I believe everybody deserves a second chance... So giving your employee a second chance is good... The person will know that this is the last straw for me I will have to utilize it... Honestly speaking trust is a very hard thing to gain from someone... That trust will not be there again once you mess up the first time

Sometimes it is a good idea and sometimes it is a bad idea, it all depends the crime committed by the employee, if it is a forgivable offense, then he will be granted second chance, but if the offense is not forgivable then he will not be forgiven.

Well, it depends on the kind of offence he or she committed. If the offence is something that will bring the company or my business down, I will definitely give not him or her a second chance. But if it is an offence that will not do any harm to the business or an offence committed by mistake, of course I will give him or a second chance.

Giving an employee a second chance is a good idea, this will give them the opportunity to change, everyone needs is a second chance and everyone makes mistakes, this is the very important as business owners to give their workers a second chance.

Giving a staff a second does not mean that he/she is bound to change, but if the offense committed at first is not serious, he/she can be given a second chance, but if the offense committed is great in order to avoid it again, he/she should not be given a second chance.

For me it depends on the mistake that which type of mistake they did if the mistake is big so I may reject to give the chance but if the mistake is not acceptable so I will not accept to give them one more chance because for me it is harmful and I can not take any type of risk in my business or in my work which is running already in down condition and by giving them one more chance it will go down more so I cannot take this type of risk I will definitely definitely avoid giving them chance again.

Giving a staff employee a second chance to work with you after go In contrary to the laid down rules of the organization can be a tough decision to make but sometimes it is worth it. We all make mistakes, it is okay to allow such an employee to learn from his or her mistakes and come out more stronger and gain more experience, all you need to do it give him or her a closer surveillance and stricter guildlines to serve as a system of control.

Giving a staff or an employee a second chance depends on the crime committed weather the owner would give him a second chance or not, for example employee that always ready ,active, and effective in an organization should be granted second chance

Forgiving an employee for a big mistake depends on the gravity of the misdeed. My wife was once assigned to check on their company's warehouse where old computers are kept for potential selling. My wife discovered that the manager of the warehouse was selling the stocks without logging the transaction. In other words, the manager was stealing company's properties. My wife wanted to give the manager a chance but I advised her to report the case otherwise my wife might get involved in the anomaly.

It's OK to take a second chance if your partner has learned from whatever he or she did to you and now knows how to make things right. If you believe like he or she does not grasp the consequences of his or her actions, then nothing has been learned at all, and unfortunately, nothing can improve.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds