Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

Mostly the year of service is considered but sometimes dedication to job assigned to you may be used to determine your promotion if it the company is well satisfied

Advertisement Placeholder
Mostly the year of service is considered but sometimes dedication to job assigned to you may be used to determine your promotion if it the company is well satisfied
It is true, most companies take into account the years of service but there are many companies that are several points to evaluate, highlighting the years of service, experience, skills, responsibilities, punctuality, etc. and thus will make the right decision.

A promotion to a higher-ranking post with more responsibilities It's not only a method to give an employee greater responsibility, but it's also a great approach to increase employee enthusiasm and morale.
Yeah you're right. Employee promotion is also about moral boosting for the promoted employees as well. This gives them the courage and exposure they need to do even better

Employee promotion are based of some fundamental principles. You can based them on their interest and passion for the work, or maybe there hardwork level.

I knew there would be different opinions from different people here on this issue. But it is all good sampling different opinion. Personally, I will make sure the person have knowledge about the said position just as someone rightly mentioned above.

I think competency and outstanding achievements should be the key criteria in deciding who gets promoted. Though most organizations usually consider duration of service and qualifications ahead of competency.

Promotion should only be given to the people who work hard and contributes to the overall output of the company. Promotion should not be given out to the workers out of pity.

I totally agree with you @tuna89, we have to improve skills, to achieve a deserved promotion with them. Although it is also true that in many companies they do not value the qualities and there is not even a profile that they like of the employees, since they ignore their effort.

Ignoring an employee, who possess great skills, is just like doing injustice to the employee. An employee should deserve a good position in the company if he or she has great skills. I used to work for a company where they used to judge employee on daily basis. Not every employee used to perform well every day.

It is necessary for an employee to take the promotion if his employee at heart,this is one thing that will promote to enthusiasm of the worker.as long as the worker input produces alot or significant profit to the company he or she should be promoted

As far as I'm concerned, if any employee is due to be promoted on any business set up, it shouldn't be delayed because the employee must have worked really hard for it and should get all the privileges.

Employee promotion are based of some fundamental principles. You can based them on their interest and passion for the work, or maybe there hardwork level.
As you describe it, "interest and passion for the job," is something that is taken very much into account for promotion or advancement. Since they are highly valued people within the company.
I knew there would be different opinions from different people here on this issue. But it is all good sampling different opinion. Personally, I will make sure the person have knowledge about the said position just as someone rightly mentioned above.
It is a very important point, the truth is that I think few members have mentioned it in the topic. The employee who wants a promotion must have extensive knowledge in the area to be performed.

I think competency and outstanding achievements should be the key criteria in deciding who gets promoted. Though most organizations usually consider duration of service and qualifications ahead of competency.
In my offline job, one of the most important points they take into account for promotion is that you describe "outstanding achievements" as this puts the employee in a very good position.

For me, I think there are several reasons or parameters for promotion in an organization, off which, it differs from organization to organization based on their vision and ethics. However, generally speaking, there are qualities which I see as universal qualities. Such qualities should attract promotion from employers. These are, diligence, honesty, loyalty, commitment, integrity, productivity, punctuality and regularity.

There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
What other abilities or skills do you think should be considered?

I think if the employee is performing well and exceptionally, then I do not think that it would require several years to promote him or her. An employee can be promoted even after a few months. However, getting promoted to a higher position might require more time.

• Duration of experience in the job or tenure.
• High performance level in two recent review cycles.
• A skill set that matches the minimum requirements of the new role.
• Personal motivation and willingness for a change in responsibilities.
• Employee's punctuality.

Employee promotion in a company or any organization you need to consider the year the person started and also know how the person is serious with the work, then you can promote the employee for work well done.

I think if the employee is performing well and exceptionally, then I do not think that it would require several years to promote him or her. An employee can be promoted even after a few months. However, getting promoted to a higher position might require more time.
It is true, as I have seen many skilled people with excellent development within a company, who surpass in skills and knowledge to others with years of service. This favors them for a promotion regardless of the years within the same.

It is true, as I have seen many skilled people with excellent development within a company, who surpass in skills and knowledge to others with years of service. This favors them for a promotion regardless of the years within the same.

Yes, you are right. Experience matters a lot but sometimes young and talented people often overperform and outshine people who have been working in a company for a long time. It all depends on how talented you are.

Promotion is a way of motivating your workers to do more for the company. People knows that promotion comes with additional paid in salary. However promotion should not be giving out of pity or favoritism.

Yes, you are right. Experience matters a lot but sometimes young and talented people often overperform and outshine people who have been working in a company for a long time. It all depends on how talented you are.
This is what I mean, they are young people with no experience but with a lot of knowledge and innate skills in some functions within the company, which displaces those who have the experience and years of service.
Promotion is a way of motivating your workers to do more for the company. People knows that promotion comes with additional paid in salary. However promotion should not be giving out of pity or favoritism.
You are absolutely right @kayode10, it is something that is seen in some companies, when they are known or there is another type of personal interest appears the "pity or favoritism", which leads to dissatisfaction and discouragement among employees.

i think i will rather base my promotional conditions based on the hard work of the employee(s), An hardworking employee who is also making sure to improve his skills in various ways is worth promotion at intervals in addition to various benefits, these will give morale to other employees thereby encouraging them to improve their skills, improve on their ethics and also makes them work harder and smarter.

There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
What other abilities or skills do you think should be considered?
I think length of service should also be considered when it comes to promotion of employees.
Educational qualification or skills gotten during the period of service should also be a term when promoting employees.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds