Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

It is necessary for an employee to take the promotion if his employee at heart,this is one thing that will promote to enthusiasm of the worker.as long as the worker input produces alot or significant profit to the company he or she should be promoted

Advertisement Placeholder
This is a vital point every company should note, employees promotion ought to be reviewed from time to time in order to do the needful.

It is necessary for an employee to take the promotion if his employee at heart,this is one thing that will promote to enthusiasm of the worker.as long as the worker input produces alot or significant profit to the company he or she should be promoted
It is the right thing to do, every employee promoted should be for the benefit of the company primarily and of course for his or her own benefit. You should strive to be worthy of such promotion.

Hard work must be rewarded. It's not fair to leave and employee at the same stage. He must be promoted and his pay increased that would make others try to be better

Hard work must be rewarded. It's not fair to leave and employee at the same stage. He must be promoted and his pay increased that would make others try to be better
You are right @Gebieter, but we must be aware that such promotion must be earned, it should not be expected if as an employee does not comply and does not bring benefits to the company. Everyone wants a better position and earnings within the company, but not everyone deserves it.

I think one thing i mostly consider before even promoting the employees is the skills and behavior of the employees , if it suits me then i would promote him or her i think
Well in my own books of employee reward I will promote any employee based on his or her input into the business or the organisation as the case may be because this will definitely mean that more responsibilities and more payment.

Employee promotion should never be done in a manner that will surgest bias to the rest of the employees in the organization because this is what is actually obtainable this days in most companies

Employee promotion should never be done in a manner that will surgest bias to the rest of the employees in the organization because this is what is actually obtainable this days in most companies
I believe that if an employee brings benefits to the company while others are left in monotony, he/she should be considered for promotion, which should not affect other employees. If there are several potential candidates, a thorough evaluation should be done to make the right choice.

I believe that if an employee brings benefits to the company while others are left in monotony, he/she should be considered for promotion, which should not affect other employees. If there are several potential candidates, a thorough evaluation should be done to make the right choice.
Very true. At least everyone will notice that efforts put in by that particular employee selected for this promotion without having any doubt that the person deserves the promotion

Very true. At least everyone will notice that efforts put in by that particular employee selected for this promotion without having any doubt that the person deserves the promotion
Of course @Senator, I see no reason why other employees should be inconvenienced. In my office we take into account many points to evaluate to make the right decision, without inconveniencing potential employees to be promoted.

Employee appraisal and promotion is necessary in any establishment. No one would love to remain fixated or stagnated without any slight progress. Employee promotion will affect total workers productivity.

A promotion to a higher-ranking post with more responsibilities It's not only a method to give an employee greater responsibility, but it's also a great approach to increase employee enthusiasm and morale.

Promotion is very important especially in a workplace when there is increase in productivity and output. workers will see it as a cheating when you keep making money and they never receive something in return.

Yes you gave a very good point which I believe will helped companies when consider in terms of promotion. I will also said your level of skills is of great importance to the company and the year of service also matters alot when this are considered it will encourage every one to put more effort in other to be also promoted.

Promotion should not be done out of favour or pity if you don't want to close a problem in your workplace. You should only reward workers who are hardworking is promotion.

Promotion should not be done out of favour or pity if you don't want to close a problem in your workplace. You should only reward workers who are hardworking is promotion.
That is right. Promotion should never be done out of pity. It should be done based on what the person has done to qualify for it. This through their academic qualifications, experience and skills attained.

It is the reality, promotion is a boost for employees and a great means of motivation for them. At the same time, it is important to be aware that every promoted employee also gets an increase in salary, since he/she acquires more responsibility.

Exactly, once an employee is promoted to a higher level, it means that the employee is really doing a very good job, so therefore must be appreciated with his pay increase and other incentives.

Yes you gave a very good point which I believe will helped companies when consider in terms of promotion. I will also said your level of skills is of great importance to the company and the year of service also matters alot when this are considered it will encourage every one to put more effort in other to be also promoted.
As you put it @nimzy , skill level is important at the time of promotion, and as long as the employee has the option to be promoted, he/she is likely to give more of him/herself to achieve the goal.
Exactly, once an employee is promoted to a higher level, it means that the employee is really doing a very good job, so therefore must be appreciated with his pay increase and other incentives.
Of course, the increase in level and responsibilities must be accompanied by salary increases and incentives. It is not right to have a higher workload, and not be rewarded with a higher salary.

You must put a system in place that will identify hard-working person in your company and reward them appropriately. This will also motivate others to do more

You must put a system in place that will identify hard-working person in your company and reward them appropriately. This will also motivate others to do more
Of course @kayode10, it's the right thing to do. In my employment we have an approximate profit for higher positions, if someone plans to fight for it he will know what is the profit he will acquire in case he is elected.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds