Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

There are several basic criteria for employees to be promoted in companies. When making decisions, employers evaluate each subordinate with certain characteristics, abilities, qualities and skills that must be taken into account to make the most correct decision.

Among the main ones I consider that they should be, the years of service, studies or courses taken during the time in the company, honesty ...
What other abilities or skills do you think should be considered?
I know what most employer look out for mostly is the skill before promoting an employees it is good to be skillful , but how do you manage your emotion and how you relate with people matters alot

Advertisement Placeholder
Nothing beats quality and this is why you should consider it first, then consider those who are very punctual and dedicated to their responsibilities.
Well for someone like me I love quality items a lot and I can never compromise quality for quantity because I know that a quality item has more value than 1,000 quantity items that are of low quality.

I know what most employer look out for mostly is the skill before promoting an employees it is good to be skillful , but how do you manage your emotion and how you relate with people matters alot
Thus, skills are one of the main lines to evaluate in an employee, but there are also other points such as those you describe: interpersonal relations, punctuality, fulfillment of their duties, among others.

Promotion is very vital when it comes to how to encourage employees of a company. Even o we here so many civil servants are no more serious with work just because they are denied their right to promotions and other stuffs.

Promotion is very vital when it comes to how to encourage employees of a company. Even o we here so many civil servants are no more serious with work just because they are denied their right to promotions and other stuffs.
Yes I have seen similar cases like this, I know of one that happened some time back, a worker felt he was more than qualified to get a promotion, but was given to someone else, he left the business in the end.

Years of service is very important when you are considering promoting your stuff because it will encourage loyalty among them. Extra qualification and skills something that you should also consider.

Employee promotion is based on the company terms for given out promotion,if I had my own company I will make it to be based on the years of service and also the input the staff had made to the company

Of course @Oliver4smile, it is a unequivocal way to encourage employees. We all have rights and more the public employees, it is a reason why many of them are not motivated, and do not advance in favor of the institutions.
One of the biggest things that come with promotion of a staff is his or her increment of salary or wages which is why it matters very well with them to work towards doing that so if you're promoting your staff you should be able to pay him more than what used to pay him.
You are correct in your statement, if an employee is given a promotion, it is automatic the salary increase. This is motivated to a greater responsibility that the employee acquires.

Employees promotion is necessary and it's an asset too. Nobody will like to remain stagnated in a job without no headway . If a worker deserves promotion it should be granted and if he doesn't he should be told to work harder or laid off rather letting the worker remain patience for nothing thinking it's a virtue!

It is very important that you as a business owner should not take the promotion of your employees very lightly. You must take this seriously as promotions in itself is a moral booster to anyone

Of course @Oliver4smile, it is a unequivocal way to encourage employees. We all have rights and more the public employees, it is a reason why many of them are not motivated, and do not advance in favor of the institutions.

You are correct in your statement, if an employee is given a promotion, it is automatic the salary increase. This is motivated to a greater responsibility that the employee acquires.

Exactly, everyone who is working for a company always look at earning more money as a day goes by because your responsibility keeps getting bigger as the day goes by so getting paid more money 💵 is something that is very important.

This is of a necessity, and efficient and consistent employee is worthy of his reward at all cost. Proper arrangements must be put in place as regards employees in every establishment.

Employees promotion is necessary and it's an asset too. Nobody will like to remain stagnated in a job without no headway . If a worker deserves promotion it should be granted and if he doesn't he should be told to work harder or laid off rather letting the worker remain patience for nothing thinking it's a virtue!
I loved your post @Kubiat-Abasi, it is very accurate, if a person is not considered for a promotion should be made a wake up call, to fight and be deserving of this. Do not wait for what is not going to happen.
Exactly, everyone who is working for a company always look at earning more money as a day goes by because your responsibility keeps getting bigger as the day goes by so getting paid more money 💵 is something that is very important.
Correct @Heatman the more responsibility you should get the more profit. Employees who fight for a promotion, do it with double intention which is to get more profit, in turn more knowledge and learning in their area.
This is of a necessity, and efficient and consistent employee is worthy of his reward at all cost. Proper arrangements must be put in place as regards employees in every establishment.
I love your opinion, the fact that companies have the right provisions for the employee, surely the employee will have more opportunity to achieve the promotion they so badly need.

You should not joke with your employee promotions and incentives because that is what is going to boost their morale. You should also try to offer them study leave at various points.

I loved your post @Kubiat-Abasi, it is very accurate, if a person is not considered for a promotion should be made a wake up call, to fight and be deserving of this. Do not wait for what is not going to happen.

Correct @Heatman the more responsibility you should get the more profit. Employees who fight for a promotion, do it with double intention which is to get more profit, in turn more knowledge and learning in their area.

I love your opinion, the fact that companies have the right provisions for the employee, surely the employee will have more opportunity to achieve the promotion they so badly need.

Yeah, you can't really promote someone and put more responsibility on him and not paying more for his effort in the company, it's definitely going to kill his zeal or interest in working in the company.

Yeah, you can't really promote someone and put more responsibility on him and not paying more for his effort in the company, it's definitely going to kill his zeal or interest in working in the company.
It is the reality, promotion is a boost for employees and a great means of motivation for them. At the same time, it is important to be aware that every promoted employee also gets an increase in salary, since he/she acquires more responsibility.

Employees promotion should be based on the creativity and the innovation brought into the business. The years of experience should also be considered. The best of them all the level of experience that you have around the business. Promotion could also be used as incentives motivate the staffs.

I am somebody who takes extra qualification very highly. I would also love to consider those that have stayed with the company for a long time and have been loyal.

Employees promotion should be based on the creativity and the innovation brought into the business. The years of experience should also be considered. The best of them all the level of experience that you have around the business. Promotion could also be used as incentives motivate the staffs.
As it describes something as important as experience, it should be taken into account in the promotion of the employee, even though many years may pass but if the worker is not dedicated to his functions, there is little experience that he will be able to contribute to the company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds