Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employee promotions

You are very right, though some companies do not care about promotion, anyways, some of the criterias include hardwork and diligence, these are the major factors that enable promotion even within a short time of joining an organization, some who spend many years in some organizations do not even get an increase in pay, these are the major reasons why we all should improve on our skills.
Every orgnisation have their own basic criteria and benchmark for accessing the performance,attitude and what they consider of asset and value to the organisation.But one thing is basic,character,attitude and your skill on the job is very fundamental.

Advertisement Placeholder
Before Improving an employee there are a lot of factors to consider,his improvement and skill should also be considered,also how committed is he towards His work.

Well I think if it is a service based industry, then obviously the number of deals and businesses an employee has brought to the company will be considered. I think years of service just like you have said, qualities and character. Also employee's actions and dedication.

Even though I do not have full time workers or even part timers, I work with virtual assistants and I hire the same virtual assistants I have work with previously. I regularly give them a pay hike when I am satisfied with their work.

Years of service without dedication is just a waste of time , even if years of service are to be considered , what the person has done to help in progress of the business must also be considered.

Years of service without dedication is just a waste of time , even if years of service are to be considered , what the person has done to help in progress of the business must also be considered.
Most of the government workers are always counting the year of services for promotion without even caring about dedicating and working hard towards th betterment of the company

Well, employees promotion are most often based on a strategic policy of an organisation which are followed based on specific criteria and qualifications of staffs in an organisation so as to avoid professional jealously among them.

Well I think if it is a service based industry, then obviously the number of deals and businesses an employee has brought to the company will be considered. I think years of service just like you have said, qualities and character. Also employee's actions and dedication.
That only happened in private organisation, you aree given promotion based on the level of your performance and your dedication towards the achievement of the business .

The most important thing is the hard work and what impact the employee has done in the business. This should be the main determinants of promotion. You can't really promote someone who is so lazy about in your business when other people that are hardworking are there.

These are basically some of the common criteria that most company or organisation usually use as a yaldstick for promotion of staff,but inwardly the employer can decide to use their own descrtion of character or other factor to promote staff.
These are basically some of the common criteria that most company or organisation usually use as a yaldstick for promotion of staff,but inwardly the employer can decide to use their own descrtion of character or other factor to promote staff.

Last edited:
The most important thing is the hard work and what impact the employee has done in the business. This should be the main determinants of promotion. You can't really promote someone who is so lazy about in your business when other people that are hardworking are there.
As the head of the company or the manager of the business, before promoting any employee , you need to check and see their efforts and relentless towards assisting the company before promoting them.

As the head of the company or the manager of the business, before promoting any employee , you need to check and see their efforts and relentless towards assisting the company before promoting them.
Yes , I really thank God a lot of business will always put this into consideration. It is even better this way because if these are not being put into consideration promotion could be given to people who are not worth the position .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds