Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

In my opinion, going to school until you can get a university degree is to train your mind, also they will get degrees in their fields such as accountants, docter etc, skills they usually get outside of school, such as computer courses, foreign languages etc., while trading skills are obtained from experience maybe obtained outside of school. So going to school to get a degree is very important to me.

Advertisement Placeholder
A very good question, my country Nigeria now going to school is like wasting of time if you don't have the necessary connections
Going to school and having the best results, you will still be jobless
Having a school for me is very good now and you will be self employed and nobody can control you

Education and learning are really learning skills.Because we learn many more from education and learning is a experience which we get from our whole life and these things give us experiences and success in our life

It depends on the kind of country you are living in, if your country is a good one all you need is education to live a good life, but if you are in a bad country, you will need to learn a skill.

You know for me I would prefer education to learning skill because education exposes you to so many things going on in the global word because the world is changing to a global age and without education you will be left
[automerge]1612954284[/automerge]
You know for me I would prefer education to learning skill because education exposes you to so many things going on in the global word because the world is changing to a global age and without education you will be left

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?
Education can not be compared with skill. Education is the bedrock of development and is the driving force of a developed nation. IAM not against the importance of learning a skill. Skill is part of the things that develop a nation economically and otherwise.

I do not buy into that idea that learning a skill of better than going to school. In a good system, going to school also involves learning skill associated to the field in which you are studying. That aside, you can always learn a skill after acquiring education
I also agree with you to some extent but considering the present situation of academics in Nigeria. It is very difficult for graduates to secure a job without the help of someone in the system to help you out. However, someone who has the skills even without much education can still be proud of his financial stability.
[automerge]1612955795[/automerge]
Education can not be compared with skill. Education is the bedrock of development and is the driving force of a developed nation. IAM not against the importance of learning a skill. Skill is part of the things that develop a nation economically and otherwise
You are actually in point but can we blame the system for the inability of some graduate to secure a well paid job when those who did not go to school are making it big in their skills. China blend their education and skills acquisition into their schools curricula activity, the system does not favour that in Nigeria.

Exactly even after getting high education when you go in practical working you need to learn it's skills again. So it's better to give your time learning that skill at start. You might can learn that skill and earn well until other person complete their graduation.

It depends on one’s interest. If you have lot of time in your life, you can go to university get degree then start somewhere to get experience. But if you don’t have much time & need job within few months, you have to learn some skills. You can do both at the same time but its hard.

When I entered college there was a test in high school for the aptitude of the graduating student. The result of the aptitude test is to determine the capability of the student whether to enroll in a college course (academic) or be in a vocational school to learn trade skills like carpentry, hair science and beauty culture, etc. But now students who are graduating in high school prefer to enter college and I agree to that. We cannot live anymore without college graduates because the technology needs them.

I think both learning skills and going to school are very important things that everyone should do because in a situation whereby your education does not serve you then your skills will surely save you. So it is very important that you acquire good education and skills along the way too so that when you graduate you won't be looking for job that are non existent and you can just be using your skill and come up with something for you to be doing in the meantime before you get your desired job or career.

School is very important as well as acquiring a skill. The best is going to school. The knowledge gotten from there is immeasurable. Learning a skill is just like having mini job that supplements the other.

To some point, education is important. There are things that you learn in school which are really good for life as life skills. But when you focus on school only as a way of looking for employment, you are going wrong. It is best if you prioritize learning skills and being street smart while valuing the knowledge you gained frofrom your education.

Critical thinking is focused, careful analysis of something to better understand it. When people speak of “left brain” activity, they are usually referring to critical thinking.

Both are better, you can acquire both if you have the opportunity but education is slightly better because of it advantages, it open doors for you and give you connections to different types of people. Skill acquisition is also good.

Nowadays especially in my country education has not been paying for a longer time like skills so I prefer skills to education because many who are well educated after graduation they will also rush down to look for what to do for a living so many of them rundown to skills.

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
If if I had not gone to school, I won't be here earning on this forum, so I can't say that formal education is not important.

It's just important to have both skills and education in case one doesn't work out.

What do you think?
School will always be necessary. Due to lack of employment after education, it's no longer encouraging to get aa degree. Acquiring skills and getting a degree will give you a edge in these current time

I think basic education is necessary, in other words you need at least 12 years of school. After school, you can choose between venturing into academic line or learning skills. If you ask me, I will go for academic line because you can always learn skills afterwards.

Thanks for this submission. Both are good like you said but in a situation whereby someone who wishes to go to school but is having issues with admission into college for years, i think apprenticeship is a better option.
You have spoken well. Learning a skill also Is part of education. You subject yourself to a tutor(oga) who then pass his knowledge to you. I believe both can be used as backup plans for each other. If the skill provides more, the knowledge from school can be used as a side hustle. Eg tutoring students preparing for exams

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds