Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

Education is more important than skills. ... Academic education helps you understand the concepts behind technology, science, society or every field of your choice, but skill development is what helps you create solutions and products. , Can get a good job in the company, or become a businessman

Advertisement Placeholder
The academic education helps you in understanding the concepts behind the technology, science, society or whatever field you choose, but skill development is the thing that will help you in creating solutions and products, get a good job in a company, or become an entrepreneur.

The world has come to a stage whereby education isn't doing much for people especially in Africa because after going through the rigors of gaining an education you end up not getting a job and when you get a job the pay is not commensurate to the effort you put in the job while those with skills earn better and live a better life compared to the educated folks.

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?
For me learning a skill is more beneficial to our youth than school but acquiring the two is an added advantage. Many graduates are roaming around the street looking for white collar job that is not in existence. So skill is very important

As most of the people usually say that education is the best legacy and skill is power to all difficulties in life,combining the two one can actually say that both education and skill is important because education will only give knowledge about the society while skill will make the ambition possible.

This is a difficult question to answer because I think both of them are very important in our society presently and in earning a living presently. If was to choose I would choose getting an education although I still think if possible an individual should have both in hand that way he is increasing his or her chances in surviving in the outside world.

I think learning skill is the best nowadays in Nigeria, education are not giving money like before, all those people outside there they are using learn skill to feed there family like me I went to school and I finish so there is no work outside as a man I have to feed my family so I decide to learn skill in other to feed my family. Learning skill is better than education in Nigeria now

Education or skills which one is good? The way the country is going now one could easily make his or her children to go and learn handiwork that require skills. Although, education is very good but with the situation on ground.

Both are vital but I would prefer education over skill. The academic education helps you in understanding the concepts behind the technology, science, society or whatever field you choose, but skilldevelopment is the thing that will help you in creating solutions and products, get a good job in a company, or become an entrepreneur.

Both are very important in the life of an individual, illiteracy is very bad. When one adds education to his skills you see the difference, but if an illiterate handles a business you see that there are limits to what he can do.

Both aspects are important in life. It depends on what you wanna be.

If you want to survive in life. Skills are enough. We can learn it through experience. Repetition of something can build up skills but that skill is not that very demanded by the world.

If you want to succeed in life you need both aspect with a good balance ratio of skills and education. Educate yourself to learn the right way to create skills.

Education is more important than skill. The academic education helps you in understanding the concepts behind the technology, science, society or whatever field you choose, but skill development is the thing that will help you in creating solutions and products, get a good job in a company, or become an entrepreneur.

Education is more important than skills. ... Academic education helps you understand the concepts behind technology, science, society or every field of your choice, but skill development is what helps you develop solutions and products. , Can get a good job in the company, or become a businessman

Education and skill are two sides of the same coin. To succeed in the race of life, a person need to have a degree of Educatuin along with the skill. Education without the skill would be as empty as the skill without the Education. Both need to go hand-in-hand in order to be the survival of the fittest. Edu, is nothing but the certified documentation of the skill within the individual. Every person having the skill may not manage to attain the Edu. Similarly, every degree holder is not necessarily skilled. The requirement of the Education or skill depends upon the organisation, the nature of post etc. On a general outlook, which criteria carries more weight age – the Education or the skill?

Education or learning a skill?
Fristly education is the best because without education you can be a doctor a lawyer and other things in life .without education you are nothing and learning is also good.

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Why choose one when one can do both, one can go to school, get the necessary certificate and if job doesn't come on time, you can use that opportunity and learn a skill and when a job comes, it would be a added advantage.

education and learning skills both has its own importance because without eduation yoy don't know what is better for you and skill make a chance to achieve their goals and desireable job.. Its totally depend on a person what he would do in future.

Education is more important than skill. ... The academic education helps you in understanding the concepts behind the technology, science, society or whatever field you choose, but skill development is the thing that will help you in creating solutions and products, get a good job in a company, or become an entrepreneur

Combining education and learning a skill is best. We need the both to succeed especially those in third world countries like Nigeria. Learning a skill is very important because it is difficult to find white collar jobs these days. With a skill, one can be able to earn some money while while chasing the big thing. It is important that we don't diminish the importance of education especially as youths of this generation a looking for any excuse to be lazy.

What do you think?
School is highly important and learning a skill is an added advantage, but you can't succeed in Nigeria when you have a skill without a degree, you won't go far in your career, it's better to have both. I know someone who lost out from a contract because he had very good skills but no education to back it up.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds