Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

Yes, having a skills as a student will help's you alot, also if you have a skill you won't boarder your parents but you may even help them out in times of needs, having a skill is a great idea to make many things simple.
You may not be 100% dependent on your skill as a student you will still need the help of your parents maybe to pay your school fees but if you have a skill you can take care of the transportation and other things that will be needed in the school without bothering them about all those ones

Advertisement Placeholder
Education should be the first thing to go for even if you want to learn a skill, the education will makes you excel in whatever you do

You may not be 100% dependent on your skill as a student you will still need the help of your parents maybe to pay your school fees but if you have a skill you can take care of the transportation and other things that will be needed in the school without bothering them about all those ones
yes ,but I think when you have a good skills you won't only take care of your transportation only but you may even pay your fees and some other bills,try and have a good skill before going to school.

yes ,but I think when you have a good skills you won't only take care of your transportation only but you may even pay your fees and some other bills,try and have a good skill before going to school.
Yes it is quite possible for you to be able to pay for your school fees with your skill even in the university but this will always be in some circumstances because sometimes most of this good skill will require a lot of your time for you to be able to make something reasonable, I can said you can only be able to do that whenever it is possible.

I sujest you learn a skill,you can't totally depends on education, education is because obsolete and there is need to learn a skill ,if you totally depends on education it will lead to disappointment.

Well, learning a skill is part of education on its own. If you think that education is a waste, try ignorance. Yet, the mindset we all have is because of the country we find ourselves. The jobs are not there and they are affecting us

Well, learning a skill is part of education on its own. If you think that education is a waste, try ignorance. Yet, the mindset we all have is because of the country we find ourselves. The jobs are not there and they are affecting us
Education is the best answer it is the best way to prepare for a bright days ahead thou there is nothing wrong with learning a skills its part of a good way to prepard for your future but there is no way you can compare eduction with learning a profession education has a big advantages to skills learning

Many of our young ones today have been made to feel that they nolonger need education, all they need is money. Though you can actually make money even without being educated, but education gives you the wisdom to polish you skills with the current trend. How do you see education?

Both learning a skill and education are both needed, having the education without learning is not working in some African country because unemployment prevails, so you will embark on hand work

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?
The thing is that a lot of people don't know that learning a skill is part of education though informal. People just think that formal education is the only type of education that's obtainable.
Formal education is still as relevant in this world.

Gone are the days when people think they can become financially stable just by being a graduate or obtaining formal education especially in my country where there is a high rate of unemployment. But I am not saying it's not necessary but we should learn not to depend wholely on it hence the need to learn a marketable skill

Education should be the first thing to go for even if you want to learn a skill, the education will makes you excel in whatever you do
I also like that people get a basic education first before embarking on learning skills. The School - education system will teach you to read and write and impact you with critical and creative thinking and research skills. Some people are born with these skills, but most will have to go to school to learn them which will aid in their learning of other skills.

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?

it is said that most of the rich people in the world were not grade 10 students at school and yet they got here. It doesn't matter so much, for the most part, school ... but it's also beneficial after all. you can't not go to school at all and be rich. In my opinion.

otherwise, I would choose the skill. if I know something very well and I like it, I either open a business on that something, or I look for work in that something and I show what I can.

Gone are the days when people think they can become financially stable just by being a graduate or obtaining formal education especially in my country where there is a high rate of unemployment. But I am not saying it's not necessary but we should learn not to depend wholely on it hence the need to learn a marketable skill
I agree with you, education is important but with our current economy, it is not enough to get you what you want. Even the government themselves have said emphasizing on the need for learning a skill, because there are no jobs out there. Do you think schools should start teaching our students the importance of also getting a skill as well?

What do you think?
Education is still very necessary.
After you have attained a certain level of education, you can take up a skill.
Skill is what trends now, because most organizations look out for skilled personnels.

You can learn a skill immediately when you are out of the secondary school then you can have more time to pursue the higher institution when you are done, with this you can support yourself even when your family members are also helping, education is very important now in the modern society.

I would always chose education over skills. However, one must be careful, there are a lot of useless courses out there that even after graduating you can't make use of it. Stay away from them

Well both of them are very important and they can help you anywhere you go,it is better to have a skill and also to be educated but both of them together can elevate someone

No matter the skills you may have naturally, you still need to get acquainted with education to some level.
You're right.
It is advisable to gain some level of education before acquiring a skill. The two are very important and work together.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds