Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Education or Learning a skill?

I would always chose education over skills. However, one must be careful, there are a lot of useless courses out there that even after graduating you can't make use of it. Stay away from them
Don't you think it would be wiser to take both? These days there are no jobs, some many graduates are out there looking for jobs but if you have skills you can work something out for the main time or what do you think.

Advertisement Placeholder
Both education and learning of skills is quite good. But I won't stop saying this that a Nigerian graduate is the mist frustrating life ever. After wasting so much time in school, your course of study which ought to last for 5 years ended up taking you 7 years to finish plus one year mandatory NYSC service, you still graduated with no job. My advice is that if you don't have that person to really stand for you, pls and pls go and learn a lucrative skills or a demanding business and you will later go for a part time studies to complement your handiwork or business. School no be by force. Lol
I get your point. But to me why would you chose one when you can have them both. After school there is nothing wrong in learning a good skill.

With the way the world is right now you will be better positioned for getting a job as somebody who has skills rather than somebody who has the certificate but then it is still better that you should have both

No, i don't feel school is not necessary anymore. As a matter of fact, i feel school is as necessary as learning a skill. One should go to school and also learn a skill as a backup plan.

Both of them could be important, but I recommend pursuing more and more educational courses or skills so that you might end up with much more and wider employment opportunities in case of pandemic or economical crisis.

With the way the world is right now you will be better positioned for getting a job as somebody who has skills rather than somebody who has the certificate but then it is still better that you should have both
They normally says that education is the greatest legacy a parent can give to his or her children but we also need to learn a skill because not all graduates will be able to do a white collar job.

Both of them could be important, but I recommend pursuing more and more educational courses or skills so that you might end up with much more and wider employment opportunities in case of pandemic or economical crisis.
You have said it perfectly.. education is very important and in as much as this is so you really have to study something that will give you a high chance of getting employment.. I wonder how people who are studying zoology in Nigerian university will do 😂😂🤣🤣.

Education is the best gift a parent can give his children , so possibly we all need to be educated one way or the other and we also need to learn a skill because both are working together.

Learning a skill is education itself, they are not mutually exclusive. Education has many forms - formal, informal, or non-formal. Going to school has its benefits because it doesn't just teach you to make a living, it also teaches you to be creative, to think critically, to communicate effectively, and collaborate with others.

I know of someone who didn't complete his education, and is making it as an entrepreneur. He never had someone to sponsor his education and the skill have been helping.

There is a common saying this days in my country among youths that it is better to go and learn a skill or trade than going to school. Most believe that when graduate from school after many years, you still go around to look for work or in most cases go and for apprenticeship again. They see it as a waste of time and resources going to school.
What do you think?
Do you feel school is not necessary anymore?
Who says that? There is no way school will never be necessary whether you are making it with your certificate or not. And at the other hand, learning skill is also good bit when combined with school it becomes super good.

You have said it perfectly.. education is very important and in as much as this is so you really have to study something that will give you a high chance of getting employment.. I wonder how people who are studying zoology in Nigerian university will do 😂😂🤣🤣.

I think some professions could get you job easily. I know of some students who have studied zoology and they are finding it hard to get job as there are not many jobs for such students. People who have studied business are more likely to get jobs.

I think some professions could get you job easily. I know of some students who have studied zoology and they are finding it hard to get job as there are not many jobs for such students. People who have studied business are more likely to get jobs.
People who are studying business as you said may likely to get a job from any business organisation , but the most important thing is for them to get a job from the government because most people will always like to work for government because of their ability to get pension.. not just to work anywhere.

People who are studying business as you said may likely to get a job from any business organisation , but the most important thing is for them to get a job from the government because most people will always like to work for government because of their ability to get pension.. not just to work anywhere.

Unfortunately, there are various problems associated with getting a job with the government due to a huge amount of candidates applying for a limited number of vacancies. This is why many people seek jobs in private firms, as they offer more opportunities.

Unfortunately, there are various problems associated with getting a job with the government due to a huge amount of candidates applying for a limited number of vacancies. This is why many people seek jobs in private firms, as they offer more opportunities.
But do you know that you may be pick by grace if you are applying for most of this work ? even if thousands of people are applying they will not take by the first people that apply, but they are being picked randomly .you may also be among.

We all dream of getting a white collar job because of the benefit and the huge retirements after serving the government like you said ,but nowadays your course doesn't define where you work anymore, I have seen a graduate with B.sc in History working in the bank.

But do you know that you may be pick by grace if you are applying for most of this work ? even if thousands of people are applying they will not take by the first people that apply, but they are being picked randomly .you may also be among.

I know that there are many people who apply and get appointed even when there are thousands of people competing for the job. However, I do not think that you should rely on just luck to get the job, you must have an alternative solution if you do not have a job in the first place.

We all dream of getting a white collar job because of the benefit and the huge retirements after serving the government like you said ,but nowadays your course doesn't define where you work anymore, I have seen a graduate with B.sc in History working in the bank.
Are you really sure about this ?
why will a bank decide to employ someone with a degree on history than to employ a lot of accountants into the platform. Even if it will happen this is mainly in some circumstances.. I can't employed people like that into my business organization... Thats not tye best.

Education and learning are one and the same thing. There are some who are from education. We line up and only by linking it is revealed. Both education and beauty are necessary to do the same business.
I will always encourage people to try as much as they can to acquire any skill that they can when they are still in the university because once they graduated is going to be very difficult for them to go back to acquiring skills which will help them very well if they are not successful in getting a job.

Education or learning a skilled work. My brother all is well, Almighty Allah knows the best for each person. I am proud to say it that no one can be ruled out in this new life. Even a person that as both as a lot of advantage and a very big role to play.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds