Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Continuous store hours is preferred by customers

In my country's two most shops in the rural areas do not work 24 hours but some of the shops in the urban areas do work 24 hours as most of them have enough workers who are mostly on shift.
Yes, most of the stores that work continuous hours are located in urban areas. And something you describe is important, the number of employees, as they must work in shifts to cover the schedule and must cover the payroll for it.

Advertisement Placeholder
Most of those store cannot operate beyond those are you cited in your post for security reason. You can only see Stores operating 24 hours in a country where there is high level of security for lives and properties.

continuous store hour is a business that is lucrative on the long run because customers will always see you as their first choice imagine a pharmacy or business that is having a specific time to close for instance I once was having a little issue where I wanted to buy something but did not want to go to a particular shop because that shop was always and most times closed even though the shop was located at a very close distance and the shop I wanted to go to work at a longer distance because I was sure that sure was going to be opened that is how you keep customers.

Most of those store cannot operate beyond those are you cited in your post for security reason. You can only see Stores operating 24 hours in a country where there is high level of security for lives and properties.
It is so @kayode10 , I thought about it but I did not comment, security is key for those businesses that work on a continuous schedule. If the country is high risk in terms of security, such businesses should be reinforced by security guards.

This is actually something that is very true as I do not believe that things like a local store is supposed to be closed so early and even if it can be around the clock then it should be without stressing the employees.

Yes, most of the stores that work continuous hours are located in urban areas. And something you describe is important, the number of employees, as they must work in shifts to cover the schedule and must cover the payroll for it.
One disadvantage of working in a shift is that your earning would be reduced as the amount that they were supposed to be paying one person for a particular job would now be split into two to pay two people but it is very good for a business.

One disadvantage of working in a shift is that your earning would be reduced as the amount that they were supposed to be paying one person for a particular job would now be split into two to pay two people but it is very good for a business.
In my country it is forbidden to lower a person's salary. In this case, day shift workers will continue to receive the same salary, and night shift workers will receive a new salary with improved salaries, since bonuses are paid for working at night. The financial burden falls directly on the company.

I have closed down the business as it was a business I engaged in to support myself in funding my studies when I was in college. We need to learn how to offer quality products with good customer service, that was what kept me in business at the time.
Now I got what you're saying dear. You could've told me this earlier nah, that its a student kind of business. Surely, you'll earn revenue any time provided its in the school environment.

This is really a very good business strategy because a lot of customers love to get goods when they want them so you should try to make sure your business is open around the clock.
Yes customer prefer sure that they can come at anytime anyday to get what they want they just need to be satisfied at any time and they never want disappointment.

In my country it is forbidden to lower a person's salary. In this case, day shift workers will continue to receive the same salary, and night shift workers will receive a new salary with improved salaries, since bonuses are paid for working at night. The financial burden falls directly on the company.
This is quite different in my country as there is no much regulation of this big stores so they are allowed to do whatever they want to do with their employees especially as regards to payment and order renumeration.

This is quite different in my country as there is no much regulation of this big stores so they are allowed to do whatever they want to do with their employees especially as regards to payment and order renumeration.
Yes, with the time I have been sharing here in the forum, I have found that there are many differences in terms of benefits for workers. Here it is forbidden to demote an employee and even less to reduce his salary, if the employer cannot pay the salary, he must fire with justification or declare bankruptcy.

It will actually do your business a lot of good if you make arrangements that the business will be run for 24 hours or at least close to 24 hours to give customers confidence to always come to the store.

It will actually do your business a lot of good if you make arrangements that the business will be run for 24 hours or at least close to 24 hours to give customers confidence to always come to the store.
That really will attract the customers. But you should also get ready for increasing expenditure. After all you will need more staffs for your business. So these things should be in mind before going for a 24 by 7 working hour.

Yes, with the time I have been sharing here in the forum, I have found that there are many differences in terms of benefits for workers. Here it is forbidden to demote an employee and even less to reduce his salary, if the employer cannot pay the salary, he must fire with justification or declare bankruptcy.
With the description that you are you are said about how the employer and employee regulations and rules are being done in your country I feel like your country is a perfect example of the best way for an employer and its employees to relate.

With the description that you are you are said about how the employer and employee regulations and rules are being done in your country I feel like your country is a perfect example of the best way for an employer and its employees to relate.
Yes it is true, so far the struggle for workers' benefits that took place in the past has borne the fruits that we enjoy today. It is not something that we have always had, it was the union of workers at the time, against the poor treatment of employees, that achieved all the benefits that we have today in my country.

Operating long hours actually has advantage on your business, because there are certain customers that may be too busy, some of them may close late from their work and they may need to get some groceries that they can use to prepare something for themselves, I mean if you close late there's a possibility for those workers to catch up with you and buy stuff from your store before you close rather than having to go to another store.
This very correct,because not everybody would have the convenience of a good flexible time,and such kind of persons should be able to have it at the back of their mind that they can always get something from a reliable store irrespective of his time schedule.

There is this convinience and continuous assurance that one always gets knowing that they can find whatever provision they can get at anytime and at anywhere near to them. Everyone will enjoy such stores offering such services

There is this convinience and continuous assurance that one always gets knowing that they can find whatever provision they can get at anytime and at anywhere near to them. Everyone will enjoy such stores offering such services
I share your opinion, as long as customers have the comfort of going to a certain business according to their available time, they will always try to come back to it, that is why it is good to have a continuous schedule. In my country there are few that work like this, especially pharmacies. But it would be good if this could be applied to our benefit.

Yes that is very good for customer service. I too will prefer to go to that shop which provides more convenience than others. So that is a very good business tactic to attract other customers.

Yes that is very good for customer service. I too will prefer to go to that shop which provides more convenience than others. So that is a very good business tactic to attract other customers.
That is true that most individual like continuous store hours where they can go at anytime and buy whatever they want.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds