Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Continuous store hours is preferred by customers

I think that this will be a very effective marketing strategy if you are able to pull it well and also ensure that your employees are not being overworked or underpaid.

Advertisement Placeholder
For a store the operating hours is a big factor for the customers. Malls are now operating but on a limited period from 11 am to 8 pm although on weekends the mall hours are from 10 am to 9 pm. I think the operating hours is important for the customers to be retained. The nearest convenience store in our home opens at 6 am and closes at 9 pm. But it has a lunch break from 12 noon up to 3 pm. The customers are shifting to another store that is not near but it is a good alternative when the nearby store is closed during the lunch break.
Really nice observations op. But I think your business should be at a certain level before you can take on something like this. For security reasons, you would want to stay away from this as a small business.

Yes it is true, so far the struggle for workers' benefits that took place in the past has borne the fruits that we enjoy today. It is not something that we have always had, it was the union of workers at the time, against the poor treatment of employees, that achieved all the benefits that we have today in my country.
Wow this is just a very good thing that the workers in your country are now enjoying the reward of their struggles in the past. The workers in my country are too docile and I don't think that they can put on a great struggle against the government treatment of their welfare for a very long time.

Wow this is just a very good thing that the workers in your country are now enjoying the reward of their struggles in the past. The workers in my country are too docile and I don't think that they can put on a great struggle against the government treatment of their welfare for a very long time.
Today I believe that, as in the past, it is possible to fight for workers' contractual benefits. It is as they say in my country "in unity there is strength" but if there are few who unite, they will not have positive results. Now, if in companies with long working hours, employees do not have those benefits, they will not be motivated to sacrifice their sleeping hours.

It's good for a mall to be opened 24/7 and shifts among workers managed well and the workers treated fairly

Today I believe that, as in the past, it is possible to fight for workers' contractual benefits. It is as they say in my country "in unity there is strength" but if there are few who unite, they will not have positive results. Now, if in companies with long working hours, employees do not have those benefits, they will not be motivated to sacrifice their sleeping hours.
How I Wish I am in your country right now whereby the government values workers and I willing to do whatever it takes to take care of all workers welfare unlike the government of my country that are so against workers because of their corrupt tendencies.

How I Wish I am in your country right now whereby the government values workers and I willing to do whatever it takes to take care of all workers welfare unlike the government of my country that are so against workers because of their corrupt tendencies.
Actually, I feel satisfied with the benefits we have in my country for workers, there are laws that support us as employees, just as they support the employer. That is why when we talked about the issue of extending the working day in companies, I thought about the benefits that this entails.

I think that this will be a very effective marketing strategy if you are able to pull it well and also ensure that your employees are not being overworked or underpaid.
I don't really understand what he is saying , because I believe a normal business shop should open by 7 a.m. in the morning and close by 10 p.m. in the night, there is nothing more than that to do.

I don't really understand what he is saying , because I believe a normal business shop should open by 7 a.m. in the morning and close by 10 p.m. in the night, there is nothing more than that to do.
That is a long tour of business hour. Generally most businesses starts at 8 a.m. and closes around 6 p.m.. if anything goes beyond that then the employee should be given extra salary.

That is a long tour of business hour. Generally most businesses starts at 8 a.m. and closes around 6 p.m.. if anything goes beyond that then the employee should be given extra salary.
it will be very hard for a single set of employee to maintain that long stretch of hours at workplace. A supermarket runs the same length in my area but they are maintaining two shifts for the staffs.

Our government is imposing very strict lockdown because many people in our city are getting infected with the Covid-19 virus and this has caused a lot of havoc in the city. Due to lockdown, many stores that were open for 24 hours have also changed their timings and they are also closing.

The world economy has advanced considerably that it's moving into a 24hour economy no shutdown. We can see this in banks in which at any time of the day through the ATM machine people can still do transactions, the gas station are equally on 24hrs even though attendant may not be present and others. So such store should do shifts for personnel to be able to run on 24hours services.

Some people can call continuous store lock a bad managerial sills due to bad management , but i believe it the st or policy and it needed to be observed because they have reason for doing so, giving your employee sometime to rest is an act of kindness for the overtime workers.

It'll depend on the prevalent security situation in your location and the lockdown imposed by the government. In my country, big malls open from 6am in the morning to 11pm in the night.

On a more serious note I would really love to come and stay and work in your country because I can see that you can't really values it will cause unlike my country that does not pay any attention to it workers and treat it workers like trash.

On a more serious note I would really love to come and stay and work in your country because I can see that you can't really values it will cause unlike my country that does not pay any attention to it workers and treat it workers like trash.
It is unfortunate that there is no such attention from the government in your country for the workers. Everywhere, regardless of nationality, employees should be valued, because it is thanks to them that the country advances.

It is unfortunate that there is no such attention from the government in your country for the workers. Everywhere, regardless of nationality, employees should be valued, because it is thanks to them that the country advances.
This is one thing that the government of my country and not taken very seriously because of the way we have been taking all the workers for granted. Resident doctors in my country went to strike because government has refused to take care of their welfare and University lecturers are also in the process of going on strike because of the neglect that the government of my country has neglected them.

Most of those store cannot operate beyond those are you cited in your post for security reason. You can only see Stores operating 24 hours in a country where there is high level of security for lives and properties.

The main reason why they are not running for continous hours is because of pandemic. Lockdown has made many 24 hours store get closed and this has caused a lot of problem for those people who runs these stores.

This is one thing that the government of my country and not taken very seriously because of the way we have been taking all the workers for granted. Resident doctors in my country went to strike because government has refused to take care of their welfare and University lecturers are also in the process of going on strike because of the neglect that the government of my country has neglected them.
Surely they will achieve success in the fight they are carrying out today, if all or most of them unite, they will get what they want, the important thing is that they take the right steps to do so. Even referring to the subject, doctors, they work a full schedule to cover the needs of the population, therefore they must have a good salary.

Either a store is operating at a continuous hours or within a range of hours is a very good way of putting customers in consideration. This type of service will enable the customers to know the best time they need to approach the store without any disappointment.
There is something that comes with the prefrence of customers knowing that they can actually get whatever they want from their favorate store anytime of the day,and that will give them an assurance about the issue of pruchase.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds