Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Continuous store hours is preferred by customers

In my home country, the stores or supermarkets as it is fondly called does not go on breaks. Once the store is opened, it would operate all day.

Advertisement Placeholder
For a store the operating hours is a big factor for the customers. Malls are now operating but on a limited period from 11 am to 8 pm although on weekends the mall hours are from 10 am to 9 pm. I think the operating hours is important for the customers to be retained. The nearest convenience store in our home opens at 6 am and closes at 9 pm. But it has a lunch break from 12 noon up to 3 pm. The customers are shifting to another store that is not near but it is a good alternative when the nearby store is closed during the lunch break.
The time your store operates daily matters, especially if you want to maintain your customers.
Most shop owners in my locality open their shops by 8am which is late and close by 7pm which is early.
This would make customers think you are unserious with your business.

For a store the operating hours is a big factor for the customers. Malls are now operating but on a limited period from 11 am to 8 pm although on weekends the mall hours are from 10 am to 9 pm. I think the operating hours is important for the customers to be retained. The nearest convenience store in our home opens at 6 am and closes at 9 pm. But it has a lunch break from 12 noon up to 3 pm. The customers are shifting to another store that is not near but it is a good alternative when the nearby store is closed during the lunch break.
...and this is how many have lost customers.
Customers should be allowed that convenience to shop or make orders at some times we may not want to consider.
Some businesses open very late in the morning, and still expects to have the same number of customers.

In my home country, the stores or supermarkets as it is fondly called does not go on breaks. Once the store is opened, it would operate all day.
That's right, though there is no official time for their break, they do go on breaks. It's either they create time for themselves to quickly eat right there in the shop or have someone replace them while they eat. I remember back then In my mom's shop, there were times we had to attend to customers even while eating. Do you shops in your area having closing time?

Yes the opening hour is also a points to consider, over here stores and shopping mall are open by 8:00 a.m. in the morning and closes by 10:00 pm in the the evening.. if they are able to maintain this working hour I do not see anything wrong with that.

Opening and closing hours for stores varies from one person to another. Some people prefer closing once it's nightfall example 7pm while some people stay late till 11pm since they always make more sales by then.

Well yes I actually like the idea because it is very nice and it brings more income and also it brings more customers but then it is not that easy because you will have to deprive your self of sleep
[automerge]1637961753[/automerge]
Well yes I actually like the idea because it is very nice and it brings more income and also it brings more customers but then it is not that easy because you will have to deprive your self of sleep

In most of the cases, it is important to open the stores for 24 hours. For example, many patients can need medicines at any part of the day and they might need medicines at the night time.

The time your store operates daily matters, especially if you want to maintain your customers.
Most shop owners in my locality open their shops by 8am which is late and close by 7pm which is early.
This would make customers think you are unserious with your business.
Yes.
A business owner should be able to study his environment and know when customers stop purchasing per day. With that knowledge, the business owner will be able to know when it is best to open and close.

A lot of stores in the urban city have time they open and close and I think that's how it should be, buty major advice now is that they should open an online store that would allow customers to place orders for online purchase and they store will deliver to them even if they place the order after the close of the day

In most of the cases, it is important to open the stores for 24 hours. For example, many patients can need medicines at any part of the day and they might need medicines at the night time.
Yeah very true ,I think most stores even open more for a long time ,I think even if it's hard for them to open for 24 hrs ,they would keep an online platform ready for the business

Instead of allowing workers to go on break, why not employ more workers so that they can practice shifts and the store can run even 24/7 if they do wish.
It would be really annoying if customers come and can't get to buy something; they just might not come back again.

In my place, convenience stores do not have lunch breaks. Employees work in shifts and the stores are open 24 hours. However, this is a populous city and such levels of operations are profitable. These conditions may not be true in other places. I would guess that based on their experience, the store hours from 12:00 to 3:00 might have turned out to be 'dead' hours with very low customer turnout. Why would they stay open for 2 or 3 customers if they have to incur expenses such as staff salary and electricity for those 3 dead hours? If you live near the convenience store, you are probably aware of their store hours and would schedule your purchases accordingly.

In my place, convenience stores do not have lunch breaks. Employees work in shifts and the stores are open 24 hours. However, this is a populous city and such levels of operations are profitable. These conditions may not be true in other places. I would guess that based on their experience, the store hours from 12:00 to 3:00 might have turned out to be 'dead' hours with very low customer turnout. Why would they stay open for 2 or 3 customers if they have to incur expenses such as staff salary and electricity for those 3 dead hours? If you live near the convenience store, you are probably aware of their store hours and would schedule your purchases accordingly.
That's true, like here in my location, most stores usually open as from 8 to 10 then they close latest 9pm or sometimes 10pm it's very rare to see a store still open around 11pm. You would hardly find customers and it's not even safe to still till does times.

That's true, like here in my location, most stores usually open as from 8 to 10 then they close latest 9pm or sometimes 10pm it's very rare to see a store still open around 11pm. You would hardly find customers and it's not even safe to still till does times.
It's virtually the same thing everywhere. Most of these shops and outlets close by 11pm latest due to security reasons. It is difficult to see a shop open later than that time no matter the potential of making much sales then.

Continuous open store hours to the customers can not be determined by customer due to security aspect of it. Security and management will determine how and when store can be opened for market supply to the customer.

For a store to operate during hours is a big factor for the customers. Malls are now operating but on a limited period from 11 am to 8 pm although on weekends the mall hours are from 10 am to 9 pm. I think the operating hours is important for the customers to be retained. The nearest convenience store in our home opens at 6 am and closes at 9 pm. But it has a lunch break from 12 noon up to 3 pm.

The operator hours of a store matters alot. In my area most shopping centers and big stores open by 8am and close by 8pm while small stores opens earlier and close later due to the demand of customers.

For me I do not see anything wrong with a store opening by 6 a.m. and closing by 9 or 10 p.m. but going for lunch break is something I don't understand, they should have been an arrangement that people can still be available while others are going for lunch break.

A store should be open when it is highly convenient for the customers. Observe the customer traffic,when do they tend to show up more? At what time are they more buyers in the supermarket than other times?
When you find this out,Mae sure you keep your store open at that time. Or better still hire more workers and make it a 24/7 open store.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds