Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can one be comfortable without being rich?

Though you must understand here that the definition of riches here is relative as it is subject to individuals thoughts and perspective. But on the general front, I think someone can still be comfortable without riches

Advertisement Placeholder
I am quite sure that if the topic of this thread was do you want to become rich? Some people would respond by saying " I just want to be comfortable".
Well I have heard a lot of people saying that al l they needed was comfort in life or even " I don't need all the riches I'm the world". But whenever I ask them to define what comfort means to them, they begin to stutter.
I think when someone says " I just want to be comfortable", that person does not really know what he/she wants . That person is confused and avoiding been tagged greedy because he or she naturally wants all the riches in the world. Because to be comfortable in life means a lot of things. And I think comfort in life can't be attained without riches . or do u have a different or similar opinion in regards to that?
exactly ,comfortable in life means allot of things,you can't be comfortable without having riches,in this nature of existence one need money we need more than enough money to take good care of our needs

I can consider myself as an example of someone who is happy and contented with life even if not rich. Yes, I am very comfortable to think that we own our home and have 2 cars although they are both 7 years old. My wife is still working but soon to retire and her retirement pay will be invested into a lot with an apartment. Is that being rich? No, in fact, I may be the poorest in our family since my siblings are all in the US. But for me, life is to be enjoyed so I am trying to get the most of life even without the riches and wealth.
Wow I believe the measure of "rich" depends on several individuals, from the what you listed i would say you are rich. Cos obviously, you ain't poor

Wow I believe the measure of "rich" depends on several individuals, from the what you listed i would say you are rich. Cos obviously, you ain't poor
That's just it, the way one person might measure or define riches would be totally different form how the next person understands or sees it. What one person might consider to be rice, another person in that same category would see it as poor or not enough.

There are many people who are not rich, but still they live a peaceful life. On the other hand, there are many people who are rich, but they still suffer from many problems in their life that can never be solved by money alone.

I am quite sure that if the topic of this thread was do you want to become rich? Some people would respond by saying " I just want to be comfortable".
Well I have heard a lot of people saying that al l they needed was comfort in life or even " I don't need all the riches I'm the world". But whenever I ask them to define what comfort means to them, they begin to stutter.
I think when someone says " I just want to be comfortable", that person does not really know what he/she wants . That person is confused and avoiding been tagged greedy because he or she naturally wants all the riches in the world. Because to be comfortable in life means a lot of things. And I think comfort in life can't be attained without riches . or do u have a different or similar opinion in regards to that?
There is no comfort in poverty for one to be comfortable you have to be rich being able to take care of your needs and also take care of other peoples need when it arise

Being Rich has different standard, one can be rich in other to take care for only him or herself and still be comfortable while others can be rich to only take care of their families while others are rich o take care of themselves, their families and the community

There is no comfort in poverty for one to be comfortable you have to be rich being able to take care of your needs and also take care of other peoples need when it arise

Being rich might solve many kinds of problems. However, being rich does not necessarily solve each and every problem in life. I have been facing financial problems and I know how important money is. So being rich can indeed give comfort and solve many problems, but not each and every problem. There are many rich people who are suffering from many kinds of diseases and they are not able to get rid of those diseases despite being rich.

Being rich might solve many kinds of problems. However, being rich does not necessarily solve each and every problem in life. I have been facing financial problems and I know how important money is. So being rich can indeed give comfort and solve many problems, but not each and every problem. There are many rich people who are suffering from many kinds of diseases and they are not able to get rid of those diseases despite being rich.

That's true. On the other hand, there is people too poor at the point they can't even buy a box of antibiotic to heal from a simple 'flu and they die of easily treatable illnesses. I find such a circumstance really unfair and I get very angry as I blame neoliberalism. In any way, there isn't the real need to be rich to avoid such extreme poverty: a discreet salary granting a discreet living can cope with all needs, even if it doesn't grant any luxury.

I think the problem here is on our definition of being rich. Does being rich means one is wealthy, own mansions and cars to his or her name? If being rich is captured in such definition, then it supposes that it's possible for one to be happy without being rich. However, if rich means having the basic necessities of life, such as food clothing and shelter then it is almost impossible for one to be happy without these things in place.

Being comfortable means able to meet all you needs, put food on the table, pay your bills and sort out emergency and still have enough to save for the future. Everybody wants to be rich or at least comfortable to meet his daily needs.

I sincerely believe that one can be comfortable without being rich. Comfort has nothing to do with riches. Comfort is a state of mind in my humble view
I would like to ask a question "how much money does one need to be termed a rich man?

Comfortability is often up to every individual to decide and I believe that they are so many people that will live comfortably and contented even if they are not wealthy.

A person gets to say he or she is rich when they are very comfortable with their financial state.
I would say comfort can be attained without riches. There are certain financial stages you reach and can boldly say you're comfortable.

Being comfortable might mean the person is rich or that the person is simply content with their life status. Both are a very good position to be at if you ask me because you won't be lacking that much

It depends on how we define comfortable and rich.
I will be comfortable if I have enough money to meet my needs and still have more to keep investing and save too.

The purpose of life is to be comfortable and the level of wealth or riches would definitely differ from person to person since everyone has what makes them comfortable

Most people if not everybody would want to choose to be eich. It is a natural feeling or desire as human beings after all. But it is also possible to nit be riibut still be comfortable at the same time

Being rich is an individual thing, so many people choose what they want and at the end of the day you'll see other people that will prefer poverty to riches. But to me it's sure confirmed riches.

To be candid, everyone is thriving to be rich but the truth is that at the end not everyone will get rich. Some people who lives a low life are comfortable in their zone as long as they have to reach to the basic needs of life, other things are secondary to them. Only the contented will be able to live a comfortable life without having to get rich.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds