Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can one be comfortable without being rich?

Like myself, you can be comfortable without being wealthy. Wealth is not everything; money can provide some comfort and satisfaction, but it cannot provide joy and peace.

Advertisement Placeholder
Absolutely yes. One can be happy and contented with his life provided he is able to provide his basic needs daily and not necessarily being rich.

You don't have to be very rich to live a comfortable life. You can live a good life even with a moderate income if you know how to manage your income and reduce your expenses.

I am quite sure that if the topic of this thread was do you want to become rich? Some people would respond by saying " I just want to be comfortable".
Well I have heard a lot of people saying that al l they needed was comfort in life or even " I don't need all the riches I'm the world". But whenever I ask them to define what comfort means to them, they begin to stutter.
I think when someone says " I just want to be comfortable", that person does not really know what he/she wants . That person is confused and avoiding been tagged greedy because he or she naturally wants all the riches in the world. Because to be comfortable in life means a lot of things. And I think comfort in life can't be attained without riches . or do u have a different or similar opinion in regards to that?
Humans are always insatiable when it comes to wants and needs. They never seem to get enough, even when perceived as being rich.
Even without being 'rich', one can still live comfortably. Comfortability can mean different things to different persons.

That should not be a problem if you are contented with the present situation which you are. Everything boils down to state of mind. If someone is having scarcity mindset, all the money in this world will never be enough for the person.

It depends on your definition of being rich. For me to be comfortable, I should be financially independent, have an investment, afford my own personal and permanent house, have one or two cars and sort out my bills at ease. If that's being rich, then I'm not comfortable!

Money is actually very important and so I don't think one can live happily without it because we need money to purchase everything most especially food and so it is very important

One can be comfortable with out being rich because a poor man can be living a happy life if he is contented with what he has but a rich man may not feel comfortable because he doesn't have peace of mind. Being rich can make you get what ever you want faster but you can still be uncomfortable

To be comfortable, we all need money and also the ones who say they need comfortness in their life also need money to do that, i dont mean being millionaire but some middle class family income can surely give a person everything he desires.
The level of comfort varie from various individual,what one might base his definition to be what comfort means to him might be different from what another has as his own.But on the other hand it is relative.

I can consider myself as an example of someone who is happy and contented with life even if not rich. Yes, I am very comfortable to think that we own our home and have 2 cars although they are both 7 years old. My wife is still working but soon to retire and her retirement pay will be invested into a lot with an apartment. Is that being rich? No, in fact, I may be the poorest in our family since my siblings are all in the US. But for me, life is to be enjoyed so I am trying to get the most of life even without the riches and wealth.
From the above shows comfortable and that is all that matters. I have this perception of riches as someone who can meet his or her daily needs, pay bills and still have some to save no matter how little it is, means riches to me.

Well you have to be comfortable in the position you have seen yourself but that does not mean that you are to relax, you have to look for more opportunities on how you can improve yourself and be rich.

To be candid, everyone is thriving to be rich but the truth is that at the end not everyone will get rich. Some people who lives a low life are comfortable in their zone as long as they have to reach to the basic needs of life, other things are secondary to them. Only the contented will be able to live a comfortable life without having to get rich.
It depends on how one would define 'rich'.
Most people do not take having a world full of money and properties as being rich. Those who live comfortably are those who are probably satisfied with what they have.

The fact is that some rich people are not comfortable ,the fact is that riches is not actually tied to comfort , you could actually become rich and be less comfortable and vice versa that's what I think

This thing happens only when you have someone you solely depend on to live comfortably. It is very important to attain wealth to live a comfortable life. Wealth is very essential in order to live well. Except you have someone you can depend on till the end which I don't think is possible, attain wealth by every legal means necessary.

My Bible tells me, godliness with contentment is great gain. This gets to show that money is not everything and we can be comfortable without being rich in this' life.

When it comes to achieving financial peace of mind, you might not need to be a millionaire. In fact, Americans say you only need a net worth of $624,000 to be considered “financially comfortable.”

Well some people are really comfortable being an average at least if they are able to take care of themselves. Even not they will always look for an opportunity to improve their earning.

Riches and wealth is not the definition of being comfortable in life , i believe I you are satisfied with the little you are earning and you can talk care of your needs and your family , thats being comfortable.

So many people are satisfied with what they have , not really because they are rich but that does not mean that if they have opportunity to grow higher financially that they won't do it... People can be satisfied but they are not comfortable.

There are many people that are comfortable living an average life , once they have enough food to eat , they have a house and just one car without borrowing from anybody , they are comfortable.
Well some people are really comfortable being an average at least if they are able to take care of themselves. Even not they will always look for an opportunity to improve their earning.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds