Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best way to deal with a toxic boss?

Maintain a professional demeanor in the workplace and only converse when necessary to prevent needless controversy. Don't be concerned with what others are doing; instead, focus on the task at hand.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, there’s something called “fluffing” .. it can be used on anyone toxic or narcissistic, even a boss. It’s sort of a way to indirectly compliment them without looking fake. Even though it is fake, just to stroke their ego. (This is what they want, at all times.)
Example: After a meeting, no matter what this toxic boss does or says, take him or her aside and say something like, “Thank God you called this meeting today. Your ideas were brilliant. I could never come up with anything like that. But I guess that’s why you’re the boss.” (wink wink) Then give ‘em a smile and walk away.
Most likely, they will say nothing and go about their grouchy ways.
But for the rest of the day they will secretly feel like the king of the world. And they will remember who made them feel that way.
That’s how you fluff a toxic person.
And you can bet they’ll be back for more.

Well, I have never seen a boss who compliments his or her employees just to stroke their ego. Most bosses actually try to disrespect employees in front of other employees and gives co-workers an opportunity to ridicule and bully the person who was disrespected by the boss.

If you are having a toxic boss then you need to be very careful. You should always try to talk to them calmly and make them understand exactly how you feel with your behaviour and how it might affect your performance.

The best way is to change your job but if you are in a situation where you simply cannot easily change jobs, it's best you study your boss, understand what irritates him or triggers him/her then try to avoid those things.
Lol I understand what you saying, but there are bosses who don't simply care. No matter what you do it's irritate them, I guess in this case one must quit

Lol I understand what you saying, but there are bosses who don't simply care. No matter what you do it's irritate them, I guess in this case one must quit
Yes that's just the simple solution, find something else to do, cause honestly there are certain persons you might not be able to please at all, you would just keep on wasting your energy on them with no good result.

The best option in dealing with this kind of boss is to be patient and honest all the time, trying to meet up with his demands as he needed, be punctual in dealing with you duties at all time. this is the only solution.

Toxic relationship in the work place is one of the reasons why people prefer to set up their own business,best thing to do is to do your job dilligently and avoid unnecessary conversation

It's always difficult and hard to work with a boss that is being a toxicant, that's why some people resign from their work sooner than expected, but trying to get closer to your boss will try to help

I have never really had one. Some bosses worked with were a little difficult but not toxic. Having a toxic job can really make the job so so difficult but one has to just be professional and patient

The best way to deal with a toxic boss is to understand the person way of life, the person might just be strick but definitely will have good side
I think understanding of your boss can go a long way a new one managing dig toxicity that your boss can exude most times. What most of us calls toxicity is the fact that the boss does not tolerate any form of inefficiency so if we can know that this is what our boss is actually a guest then we can better manage the ability of in flaring up all time.

The only best way to deal with such kind of boss at work is to be also honest and loyal to their directives, control and what so ever they might expect you to do. always be punctual I dealing with your day to day activities always.

Some people normally says theres no way to deal with a toxic job and not land yourself in trouble than just quitting the job silently without putting up a fight and i agree to it.

To deal with a toxic boss is easy as long as I know what my delegation are simple I will do just all that and abadon what I know I can be of help to.

What is the best way to deal with a toxic boss? Dealing with a toxic boss can be hard, whatever industry you work in. Are there any tips on how to deal with a toxic boss in a workplace that the community could give me?
It is not even ideal to work in a toxic environment.
I can not work with a toxic boss. It is not healthy and may lead to problems.
Contributing to such organization will be difficult as well.

A toxic boss is the best boss to work with simply because he wants you to work less and work strictly to to the rules of you job and you will always act dumb to whatever he or she says.

Great question, to deal with a toxic boss, I will only make sure I complete tasks meant for me, no extra work and no pity,. I close at the agreed time and resume at the agreed time, what I mean is I will play fully by the rules.
It's okay when you do everything accordingly and he leaves you alone. There are bosses that no matter what you do it always piss them off

Don't gossip.
keep detailed records.
Do the work, don't be a target.
Don't get drawn in.
Don't derail your career.

If I ever had a toxic boss I would react to his toxicness with humility and calmness because I understand that fire cannot put out fire but a calmer substance so as not to aggravate issues that may lead to other issues like health

Its very demoralizing to work with a boss that has a weird attitude. It won't bring the best out such worker, or workers. One needs to work where the boss values his or her input with good demeanor and not being toxic.
I believe they are so easy to deal with because they love to rant always give them their space and do what you are to do and leave at the exact closing time.

Working in such environment can affect your mental well being,if you can quit the job it would be better, because there is nothing good you can do in his eyes

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds