Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

I'm my own boss as i am currently working online. I am not strict on my myself and i really dislike that fact. Sometimes i don't get the work i plan to do done in record time.
That is the freedom we enjoy from online earnings but we are not totally free from getting instructions from superiors.
For instance, the owner of this forum still remain the boss and he could decide to ban you or not.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have never been strict because I know what it takes to be an employee. I make business very official and outside the business, it is unofficial with my employees.
That's good, it's very good not to be strict to your employees you need to be friendly with them, you should never to be strict to them because is actually not good at all, you need apply wisdom on how to treat your employees.

That's good, it's very good not to be strict to your employees you need to be friendly with them, you should never to be strict to them because is actually not good at all, you need apply wisdom on how to treat your employees.
Using the carrot and stick approach is better because in business, you don't need to be too soft so that you will not be taken for granted by your employees but when you use the carrot and stick approach, it will be the best strategy.

That is the freedom we enjoy from online earnings but we are not totally free from getting instructions from superiors.
For instance, the owner of this forum still remain the boss and he could decide to ban you or not.
That's true. We still have to take instructions from the owners of the online apps or websites we are working on. There are some online jobs in which you are your own boss though. For example, graphic designing.

I am always available at my workers disposal becuase I take them as family and that gives me the edge of knowing many things and allowing my workers to talk to me freely on advises that will help the company.

What has kept me going is that I always try to push myself to the limit and ensure that I complete all my task and do not procrastinate because that is what usually draw people down.

Actually being strict at business sometimes depends. some people have become used to it and it becomes there usual character while some people becomes strict due to the habit of there employees who are not serious about there duties.

I have never had the thought of being harsh to my workers and my subordinate because I am introvert kind of person and i am always friendly to my junior workers ,

Well, I try to set daily goal for myself which I always try to meet. Sometimes I denied myself some comfort just to reach my daily target. But sometimes, I just decide to rest because body need rest sometimes.

Haha I know what you mean.
But if you have bills to pay, rent, groceries, car payment, you would have no choice. Wouldn't you agree?

Yes, when you have no other option, you have to be strict with yourself. This is what I have been doing right now. No matter how much effort and time it takes, I try my best to achieve my goals and daily target. People must have extra willpower.

It is highly important to not restrict but you shouldn't be too soft either.
Striking a balance would be very much better because you wouldn't want the employee to take you for granted.
Probably, there should be a balance in everything you do as a boss in a business venture. You should not be a walkover and at the same time you should not be too strict.

I have never been strict because I know what it takes to be an employee. I make business very official and outside the business, it is unofficial with my employees.
Yes of course, for me I can't never be strict to my employees because I know what it takes, I will be free with them so that them will never see you as someone who hash or hard to them.

Yes I am totally agree with you being strict is not always working for you you try to take care of your health as well and try to make money for your good health as well as I am my own Boss because I am trying to earn money online by myself through social media so I do my work and my comfort zone instead of being streak to myself.

I can say a thing on being strict, maybe, my employees could access that but what I know is that I don't sleep because I work mostly at night. The self discipline I imposed on myself drive me to work very hard at my offline work

one of the major things I like about the online space is that you are your own boss. You work whenever you wish and that is one thing people that work offline do not enjoy.

Actually I will be very strict depending on how my employees behave towards there officials duty. there will be no need to behave strictly when they are doing there jobs as expected.

Actually I will be very strict depending on how my employees behave towards there officials duty. there will be no need to behave strictly when they are doing there jobs as expected.
it is always important and necessary that you differentiate being disciplined and being strict. It is important you are very disciplined and try as much as possible to instill the same on your employees.

Being my own boss will be a good idea, I will earn a good amount of money if I work alone, for me I don't really like the idea of working under someone, it's not working out for me.

it is always important and necessary that you differentiate being disciplined and being strict. It is important you are very disciplined and try as much as possible to instill the same on your employees.
Discipline and strictness are two different things entirely. In a business domain, where discipline is absent, such business may probably not grow because discipline is a very important integral part of any successful business.

Well I am not overly bossy but I set the lines, I try to create a relationship between me and my workers and also let them understand that I'm their boss and certain things shouldn't be done in my presence or even absence. Being too strict doesn't make you a better boss, it only keep your employees far form you.
The truth is that I will be the boss of any company, I will be very strict in duty performance because if you are not strict, it will be very difficult to achieved your goals from the employees.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds