Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

of course in every business venture there must always be rules and regulations. There are times you need to punish anyone that goes against the rules and regulations.
but also you need to know the time to bend some of the rules and regulations of the company because of some peculiar situations that needs consideration and not always going by the books.

Advertisement Placeholder
but also you need to know the time to bend some of the rules and regulations of the company because of some peculiar situations that needs consideration and not always going by the books.
I believe there should be some flexibility in rules and regulations sometimes. I quite agree with you on that because some situations may differ and people can do things by mistake.

Actually every manager has a target and he will make every effort to meet up to his target same as I. I will be strict in my duty to be able to meet up to my set target or goals.

I may be very strict depending on the type of business that I am doing. Strict in the sense that my rules and regulation must not be overlook. Apart from that everything will moves on normal as I would not have problem with anyone.

I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.
Being a boss in my working place.
It is not easy to become a boss with a particular business or a company.
Most of the boss are very strict to fight against corruption and embezzlement in the company, most of the workers are nonchalant attitude to destroy the job or business and go for another company or another business.

It is necessary to exhibit strictness to some extent in a business because it is needed. Some employees would need iron hand before they could perform their assigned duties and that require some level of strictness.

It is necessary to exhibit strictness to some extent in a business because it is needed. Some employees would need iron hand before they could perform their assigned duties and that require some level of strictness.
Lol, I believe in anything you do as a business owner there should be some level of moderation. Being unnecessarily strict can demotivate your workers that is why being disciplined and making your workers know the rules and regulations in the business is the best thing to do.

Being you ien boss does not mean that you have to strict and hard on your employees. My boss always tell me that being strict in a business I'd when you m all your employees understand and work their aspects in a job very well

I am not strict enough. I seem to lose track of goals and have put a lot on the back burner. Likely why my business concepts and ideas have been blowing in the wind the last few years. 2020 really messed with my plans.

Being you ien boss does not mean that you have to strict and hard on your employees. My boss always tell me that being strict in a business I'd when you m all your employees understand and work their aspects in a job very well
As a business owner it is also important and necessary you are not soft either. Being soft will make you not to be disciplined in your business venture which will probably result in a lot of losses due to misbehaviour by employees.

I believe there should be some flexibility in rules and regulations sometimes. I quite agree with you on that because some situations may differ and people can do things by mistake.
I agree on the part of flexibility because some issues have dynamic reason that warrants the action, so everyone should be afforded a fair hearing before taking your decision.

Being a strict boss I make sure my staff are disciplined and are doing the right thing ,no lateness to work and making sure they perform their duties diligently

I agree on the part of flexibility because some issues have dynamic reason that warrants the action, so everyone should be afforded a fair hearing before taking your decision.
Probably, it is important and necessary to hear people out before you take some actions in some cases. That is what some business people do before they take any action against their workers.

I personally respect my job. I make sure I meet the set daily targets and goals as far as my online job is concerned. I know that I must be very strict on my job so that it can benefit me appropriately.

Being strict in a business that not mean that you should be rude and mean to your employees. You must socialize well with them and make them respect you and their line of work. This is my opinion

I work from home, have 3 small kids (one in pre-k but the others are home with me during the day) and I work online trading, writing, and doing some things for an independent person. If I feel ok and my kids are good, I try to work Monday through Friday and take the weekends off. If I have to do something during the week like doctor appointments or we're sick, I try to make up for it on the weekends. However, there are times when life gets hectic so I just let it go if I don't get quite as much done in a week as normal. After 8 pm, I'm done no matter how behind I feel like I am, but I also have productive anxiety.

I don't see the need of becoming really strict but sometimes occasions demands that this must be done to maintain balance and stability in business. As long as my employees are willing to obey rules and regulations I will not have any problem with them.

I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.
Boss setting work hours for me will depend on the initial agreement I had with the boss before I accept the employment opportunity. Salary too plays an important role but becoming very strict is not a guarantee that you can actually manage your business any better.

As a boss and the owner of the company , being always strict with your works and your workers is good to acheive to acheive better result , but you need to create a good and peaceful working environment for them .

I don't see the need of becoming really strict but sometimes occasions demands that this must be done to maintain balance and stability in business. As long as my employees are willing to obey rules and regulations I will not have any problem with them.
Being unnecessarily strict as a business man is not advisable. but as a business man you must try as much as possible to be very much disciplined so that your business will not be taken for granted.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds