Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

Being unnecessarily strict as a business man is not advisable. but as a business man you must try as much as possible to be very much disciplined so that your business will not be taken for granted.
That is exactly what is needed , discipline is just the Only Way out. Your business may likely be at risk of falling when you choose to care less about things that matters in your organisation as the owner.

Advertisement Placeholder
That is exactly what is needed , discipline is just the Only Way out. Your business may likely be at risk of falling when you choose to care less about things that matters in your organisation as the owner.
It is only someone who is not disciplined and not serious that will be careless in running his or her business. if you're running a business you need to understand that it is your investment and you must put in a lot of work to make it succeed.

It is only someone who is not disciplined and not serious that will be careless in running his or her business. if you're running a business you need to understand that it is your investment and you must put in a lot of work to make it succeed.
Well a lot of people may have a business and they may succeed and sometimes they may not . But a whole lot of issues concerning how some business are not able to succeed even with seriousness of the owner is still what I don't understand.

Actually being strick as a boss of my own has to do with being discipline. A disciplined boss is often regarded as being very strict and uncompromising boss. Strictness reduce the risk of business failure.

Well a lot of people may have a business and they may succeed and sometimes they may not . But a whole lot of issues concerning how some business are not able to succeed even with seriousness of the owner is still what I don't understand.
seriousness is also not the only thing needed for a business to succeed. Sometimes you need some level of intelligence and luck. government policies sometimes also affect businesses.

Well, I think that when you tend to work online or be a freelancer, then you must be really strict if you know that you are being lazy and not performing well.

seriousness is also not the only thing needed for a business to succeed. Sometimes you need some level of intelligence and luck. government policies sometimes also affect businesses.
Government policy plays an important role in many people's business and determine how people are willing to start up a business but personally luck may not really be needed.

Government policy plays an important role in many people's business and determine how people are willing to start up a business but personally luck may not really be needed.
Luck is always needed in any business venture. Imagine a scenario where two people does the same thing but they get different results. Do you think that luck is not involved?.

It's true that sometimes government policy do affect the stability of business such as high fix revenue and tax for all business enterprises with no regards to size of the business.

It's true that sometimes government policy do affect the stability of business such as high fix revenue and tax for all business enterprises with no regards to size of the business.
Yeah, it's very important for you to observe the environment and the kind of country you are staying before establishing a business because government policies can affect it greatly. That is one of the major reasons I prefer to do business online because no tax is attached.

Personally I think my policies as a manager either to be strict or freely, depends on the workers and their attitude when it comes to the achievement of company goals. I will have no reason to be strict when they are low abiding workers.
Personally I think my policies as a manager either to be strict or freely, depends on the workers and their attitude when it comes to the achievement of company goals. I will have no reason to be strict when they are low abiding workers.

Luck is always needed in any business venture. Imagine a scenario where two people does the same thing but they get different results. Do you think that luck is not involved?.
Two people can never have the same personality, depends on the quality of the products and it also depends on the approach one side is using. Luck can only comes in but only in a minute quantity.

Two people can never have the same personality, depends on the quality of the products and it also depends on the approach one side is using. Luck can only comes in but only in a minute quantity.
I am not saying that you should depend on luck to achieve anything in life. what I am saying is that luck plays an important role sometimes when it comes to people's achievement in life.

Without discipline it is definitely not going to be possible to achieve consistency.
I am disciplined in my approach and being my own boss doesn't make me lazy.

I am not saying that you should depend on luck to achieve anything in life. what I am saying is that luck plays an important role sometimes when it comes to people's achievement in life.
It does to some extent but that doesn't mean that we have to depend on it. we have to concentrate in our life let the luck come automatically to meet us when we are still doing other things.

I am not strict but I want my job to be done well and with all sincerity and excellence, that is the only virtue i seek in my employees, others are an added advantage

I'm not a strict person, in fact I could probably be a bit more strict these days haha. I'm pretty calm with most of the people I work with, or outsource work for. But if I am wronged I will speak out to the employee and let them know my thoughts.

I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.

Personally, I try as much as possible to be flexible with my workers because being too mean and strict will not be good for them. But I will always make sure that they observe and keep the work ethics always.

As from this month ending, i tend to impose some laws for my business on how i should run it, cause truth be told i am not really strict at all. And this would definitely affect my business on the long run. so something needs to be done about it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds