Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

One of the major benefits of working from home is that you don't follow a routine. You work at your own pace. I try to do the best I can do. When the body calls for rest, you rest. I don't tire myself out. I do the vitals. Whatever is left would always be done later.

Advertisement Placeholder
I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, and chair with great neck & back support.
Sometimes, I am tempted to work as a boss of myself. Considering my purpose of setting up my business, I will have to discipline myself to ensure effectiveness. And I think being strict with myself is paying off so well.

I'm not a strict person, in fact I could probably be a bit more strict these days haha. I'm pretty calm with most of the people I work with, or outsource work for. But if I am wronged I will speak out to the employee and let them know my thoughts.
That's really good, I normally like people like you that are always calm, but we do have some set of people that are not having focus on what they are doing.

Sometimes, I am tempted to work as a boss of myself. Considering my purpose of setting up my business, I will have to discipline myself to ensure effectiveness. And I think being strict with myself is paying off so well.
That's good. When you are your own boss, it can be very easy to become "lazy".. what I mean by that is even when setting goals, $ amounts per day, set hours, and so on.
You seem very motivated and well-disciplined.
👍

Personally, I try as much as possible to be flexible with my workers because being too mean and strict will not be good for them. But I will always make sure that they observe and keep the work ethics always.
That's right! Nobody wants the super-strict cranky boss. 😠😜
But workers will also take advantage of a lenient boss as well.
So you need to find that happy medium where your employees respect you, but don't dislike or fear you.

I think I am pretty sick. Over the years I have trained myself to work 8-10 hours during the weekdays and at least 6 hours during the weekend and holidays. I have also trained myself to avboid distractions.

Discipline is something that has always kept me pushing. For example I am always not going to rest unless I complete all my task that I have set for myself that if.

As much as you have to be dedicated and committed to your work, it is also necessary that you rest when you are supposed to because whenever you burn out yourself too much from overworking, it is always going to affect your business negatively.

I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.
I will not be very strict when I become a boss but I will be a result-oriented person because I am always after what we are going to achieve. I think this is how bosses should be.

Being the boss of my own business I will only try to be strict to my employees for some times in order to know whether I can trust them working for me or even running my business or not,

This is why it is very important for you to hire people that are committed to working for you and also believe in your business goal and objective which is going to make it very easy for you to work with them as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds