Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

Well being your own boss, you most have to be conscious of people feelings towards your attitude or behaviour. o don't have to be strict when my workers are performing their duty effectively.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well being your own boss, you most have to be conscious of people feelings towards your attitude or behaviour. o don't have to be strict when my workers are performing their duty effectively.
Exactly. So many business owners may believe and thinks the way you do but sometimes it is because of the fact that other people most especially the employees are always trying to take advantage of their employer's simplicity.

There is a particular extra discipline that you are supposed to have once you are working from home because there is no any particular time that you have set aside to work.

I am very strict and try to always act professional with my employees.

This is something I focus on, coupled with a very good sense of high discipline to make things happen.

one of the major things I like about the online space is that you are your own boss. You work whenever you wish and that is one thing people that work offline do not enjoy.

Being your own boss is the best thing about making money online and this is why I always prefer making cash and income online. I have been a freelancer for a long time now and I have much experience working as a freelancer.

Yes, one doesn't have to work for an organization or individual before he imbibe the future of self discipline. Without discipline, making money will not be easy.
you have to be very discipline if you ever want to succeed in this life, because it takes a whole lot of discipline for you to be very focused in life, with your family or business in general.

I try to build a relationship with my employees and make it clear that I am their boss and that certain things shouldn't be done in my presence or even when I'm not around. I don't want to come across as being overly bossy, but I do set the boundaries. Being overly harsh won't improve you as a manager; instead, it will just distance your staff from you.

I think employees become very strict in business depending on the behaviour of their workers towards duties or to customers satisfaction if not, there is no point of becoming strict with your workers.

It is not advisable to be overly strict as a boss because this can lead to a variety of problems. When you are not overly strict, there is a chance that your staff will approach you if there is an issue.

if you have your own business I will advise you to be very disciplined but you don't need to be strict unnecessarily. When your workers are performing well you need to appreciate them.

Well, I work both online and offline. My boss at where I work offline isn't strict. But I continuously strict with myself when I work online. I set a day by day target and unless I meet the target, I do not rest since I work for the most part at night. The self teach I forced on myself drive me to work exceptionally difficult at my offline work

Working as my own boss , i am not always strict with my workers but i have a policy of working hard and having a daily target which my employee must emulate but its not a do or die affairs .

I worked for other people and I am my own boss too because I do also have a business that back me up. I am my own boss very strict enough that I can't joke with any unreasonable transaction that may bring failure

I think employees become very strict in business depending on the behaviour of their workers towards duties or to customers satisfaction if not, there is no point of becoming strict with your workers.
Though you need to be strict with the rules and regulation of the organisation in order to keep the law in the company safe , and you also need to have a good customer care support,

if your customer support system is not good then you are setting up your business for failure which would definitely come, as customer is the reason why you started the business on the first place.

I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.
I am not strict to my work because as I'm boss of my self so I always work hard but work slowly to win the race as i know slow steady wins the race so, I always have some break then work with full concentratoin.

Genuinely, if I were my own employer or the owner of a firm, I would be stern with my employees at first but not actually unpleasant to them so that they wouldn't feel uncomfortable or even hate me.

if you have your own business I will advise you to be very disciplined but you don't need to be strict unnecessarily. When your workers are performing well you need to appreciate them.
know when to appreciate them and also when to draw the line as some might translate it to weakness if you do not punish them when they make mistake, so do well to be strict when needed.

know when to appreciate them and also when to draw the line as some might translate it to weakness if you do not punish them when they make mistake, so do well to be strict when needed.
of course in every business venture there must always be rules and regulations. There are times you need to punish anyone that goes against the rules and regulations.

If I happens to be my boss, I will try as much as I could to set a goal and be able to achieve the goals. I will have to make my customers service department the best in meeting up to the demand of the customer s.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds