Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

Thanks for the tips. When I start a business and I have to employ in people I have to balance both of them for the sake of protecting my business. How sure are you that being too soft will not work in managing a business ?
When an employer maintains a balance between the two , then the employee would enjoy the condition of the business profile and that will translate to more productivity in the company.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well being strict at your business depends on the kind of employee you have. when you have law abiding ones, you don't have to be strict because they knows there jobs and duty.

Actually I have been working under someone for some period of time so I know what to do, when and how to do it to be able to treat my employees equally without compromising business with pleasure.
It is very necessary not to be too strict and you shouldn't be too soft because you wouldn't want any employee to take you for granted . Sttiking a balance is a solution to all of these.

When an employer maintains a balance between the two , then the employee would enjoy the condition of the business profile and that will translate to more productivity in the company.
Thanks. But does it really mean that being able to balance between strictness and softness will completely prevent your business from experiencing failure ? What of the type of people you are working with ?

I believe it is discipline that makes way for success in every aspect of life.
Regardless of whether you are your own boss if you are not disciplined enough you might not get the success you seek.

If any worker refuses to obey the rules and regulation in my business I will probably punish such a person so that the act will not repeat itself again. It is either I reduce the salary or I suspend or even fire depending on the kind of disobedience.
That's the way that will help business owners to maintain discipline in his or her business. If you are not ready to carry out any of that then a lot of people will likely take you for granted .

Well I have not been into some serious business that requires employing people yet I am just managing a small scale but if it happens, my business is the first priority and it most be taken very serious.

Some people may be strict while others are not , but all these things will still boils down to the fact that if you can't manage your business perfectly , being strict and not being strict wouldn't help you in any way. People that can manage business perfectly will understand that strictness most times does not work.

That's the way that will help business owners to maintain discipline in his or her business. If you are not ready to carry out any of that then a lot of people will likely take you for granted .
Probably, if you fail to punish your work out whenever they make about mistakes in the business venture they will continue to do the same over and over again.

Probably, if you fail to punish your work out whenever they make about mistakes in the business venture they will continue to do the same over and over again.
That is just the thing , they won't likely take you serious and is very bad. I wouldn't want to be in this situation for whatever reason . I will rather concentrate to maintain discipline wherever I have opportunity to find myself

In this case what I will call it is discipline. You want to be essentially very recently I need to have a chance to not be procrastinating as a freelancer and be skipping deadlines.
Yes it is discipline. If one can be disciplined, his job or business will no doubt sell faster. As for me now, I don't like to stress myself. I always set a daily target of what I want earn in a day.

That is just the thing , they won't likely take you serious and is very bad. I wouldn't want to be in this situation for whatever reason . I will rather concentrate to maintain discipline wherever I have opportunity to find myself
the importance of discipline in a business environment cannot be underestimated. You must take discipline very seriously and it possible be strict but it should be to an extent.

the importance of discipline in a business environment cannot be underestimated. You must take discipline very seriously and it possible be strict but it should be to an extent.
That is the reason I might appear to be very strict if I have to establish a business , but as long as my employees obeys my business rules and regulation , I will not have problem with them.

Actually I have been working under someone for some period of time so I know what to do, when and how to do it to be able to treat my employees equally without compromising business with pleasure.
That is very interesting and good that you know what is actually Ok and not ok by your Boss, in that way you will not have much issues with your Boss in any way again.

That is the reason I might appear to be very strict if I have to establish a business , but as long as my employees obeys my business rules and regulation , I will not have problem with them.
I think moderation in everything you do as a business man is very important and necessary. If you want to be strict I should be to an extent but at the same time it is also important for you to show kindness to your workers.

I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.
This is one of the disadvantages of working for yourself. Those who have never experienced it usually think otherwise but it's hard to be hard on yourself.
It's one reason why people prefer to work for themselves though. You get time to take care of yourself.

been your boss is very challenging and can be really depressing as well, the challenges can make you want to quit at some point but if you persevere, you would definitely come out successful in life.

Smart bosses do really understand that leadership needs them to be tough and easy-going at the same time. I think that they should be leaders understanding, but not weak.
I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.

Being your own boss is bad in the way that it often makes you very lazy and lax in your style of working. Simply because there is no one to be strict with you and force you to do your best at all times. Being on your own might make you lazy in the way that you start trying to cut corners and make shortcuts in your work.

Being your own boss is bad in the way that it often makes you very lazy and lax in your style of working. Simply because there is no one to be strict with you and force you to do your best at all times. Being on your own might make you lazy in the way that you start trying to cut corners and make shortcuts in your work.
Haha I know what you mean.
But if you have bills to pay, rent, groceries, car payment, you would have no choice. Wouldn't you agree?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds