Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

As we all know, there is always time for everything time to be serious in business. As an employer, you should be aware of time that your employees should be free from work such as break and annual leave.
If I am a business owner , I wouldn't be strict with anyone but just that the rules and regulation of my business must be kept by anyone who is interested to partner in my business or is willing to work for me as an employee. .
Well as business owner I believe if you are not strict in your business, it will be very difficult to impact seriousness into them because they will takes everything with jokes.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are some people that run away from 8 hours work and end up working the whole day. If you are working for yourself and you definitely need to put in extra effort.

Being moderate is what is necessary here, because when it comes to business , you need to apply some level of strictness, but you shouldn't be too rigid with it..
Yeah.. I really buy this idea, apply some level of strictness but do not be rigid as a Business owner or a Boss. In that sense everyone will understand the reasons why you are strict on your things.

Becoming my own boss is something that has led me to a lot of things. I always try to allocate a lot of time because I know that nobody is putting efforts to supervise me.

No
I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.

I was just wondering for all the hardcore work-from-homers.. are you your own boss? Or do you work for companies with bosses that set the hours for you, amount of work necessary, etc.
If not, if you are your own boss, how strict are you with yourself and how much work do you require from yourself per day/week?
I suffer from cervicogenic dizziness from time to time (my neck tenses up from poor posture while typing) and it causes me to take frequent breaks, even days off until the symptoms subside.
I am working on getting a better setup - like desk, laptop, chair with great neck & back support.
Fortunately I am not working for a boss instead I am working for myself but I push myself to do my job daily with honesty and beside that learn more and more about my profession.

You definitely have to push yourself out of the limit if you are working from home especially if you're a freelancer because they are going to be times in which you are not just going to be getting jobs.

You definitely have to push yourself out of the limit if you are working from home especially if you're a freelancer because they are going to be times in which you are not just going to be getting jobs.
That is exactly what I am doing now. I just wanted to give myself the best and get the best out of myself by working so hard and pushing myself beyond limit.

If you aren't pushing yourself to exceed limit then he will probably not get serious because you have no one monitoring you. This is where it becomes more dangerous and self-discipline need to be inculcated.

Well if I am a boss of my own or owner of a business, at first I will be strict with my employee but not actually rude to them so that they don't feel uncomfortable or even hating me in any way.

Well if I am a boss of my own or owner of a business, at first I will be strict with my employee but not actually rude to them so that they don't feel uncomfortable or even hating me in any way.
Nice one. For me I will be strict with my rules and regulation but apart from that I don't have any problem with you. I'll definitely make sure people who might be working under me enjoys their freedom. My business rules and regulations are my top priority. That's all.

Nice one. For me I will be strict with my rules and regulation but apart from that I don't have any problem with you. I'll definitely make sure people who might be working under me enjoys their freedom. My business rules and regulations are my top priority. That's all.
Yeah that is it and that alone can make them to know that yeah you are a boss or business owner with principles, no matter what, they will try to stick to your terms.

The month of October has started and I have challenged myself to work harder and work a lot during this month and this means that I have to be really strict with myself when it comes to making and saving money.

Yeah that is it and that alone can make them to know that yeah you are a boss or business owner with principles, no matter what, they will try to stick to your terms.
Yes that is the most important thing. For every business organisation there is always rules and regulations . A business organisation without rules is not likely to be successful.

Yes that is the most important thing. For every business organisation there is always rules and regulations . A business organisation without rules is not likely to be successful.
There must be rules and regulation that must be followed for the smooth running of the organisation. This is the major reason why it is very important for an organisation to have a set rules and regulations.

There must be rules and regulation that must be followed for the smooth running of the organisation. This is the major reason why it is very important for an organisation to have a set rules and regulations.
We should always ensure that we treat the employees with utmost respect most especially if we are business owners. This is very important for the health of the business.

I wouldn't be strict. I have dealt with a certain percentage of people and they are very comfortable with me. It's all depends on your level of organisation that will determine everything.

I wouldn't be strict. I have dealt with a certain percentage of people and they are very comfortable with me. It's all depends on your level of organisation that will determine everything.
It is not really good to be too strict and you shouldn't be too soft so that you can handle the business officially. You should always try to strike a balance between the two.

If I am a business owner , I wouldn't be strict with anyone but just that the rules and regulation of my business must be kept by anyone who is interested to partner in my business or is willing to work for me as an employee. .
I think this idea is actually good. You need to have rules and regulations in your business that governs every activity of the worker. Being unnecessarily strict is not good.

Well a lot of bosses that I knew, they are really strict to their businesses and principles they don't care about how their employees feel and how they are doing, their concentration mainly is business.

Actually I have been working under someone for some period of time so I know what to do, when and how to do it to be able to treat my employees equally without compromising business with pleasure.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds