Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Being your own Boss - how strict are you?

I wouldn't be strict. I have dealt with a certain percentage of people and they are very comfortable with me. It's all depends on your level of organisation that will determine everything.

I think that it is not about strictness per say, rather it is all about dedication and devotion. I have a specific goal in my mind and I need to achieve that, it could be done through determination only.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think this idea is actually good. You need to have rules and regulations in your business that governs every activity of the worker. Being unnecessarily strict is not good.
For me too , it does not work , it might work to some extent but I personally do not see the need for you to be so strict with people that are working and helping your business grow. They might even team up and rise against you. Lolz.

For me too , it does not work , it might work to some extent but I personally do not see the need for you to be so strict with people that are working and helping your business grow. They might even team up and rise against you. Lolz.
There are many levels of strictness. You can be strict in terms of implementing ideas and regulations that will make your business grow but at the same time you should be a bit friendly with your workers.

It is not really good to be too strict and you shouldn't be too soft so that you can handle the business officially. You should always try to strike a balance between the two.
Yea, no matter how good you may try to be , a lot of people will always want to take your simplicity for granted. As a business owner you have to show them that you are still responsible and still ready to take every responsibilities of your business.

To be your boss is a very good one which enable you to determine your objective goal and vision of they business and they business environment

I think that it is not about strictness per say, rather it is all about dedication and devotion. I have a specific goal in my mind and I need to achieve that, it could be done through determination only.
When you have a goal, maybe you are opportune to have people who are willing to partner with you to bring your goal to reality. You will just needs to maintain rules and regulation to be able to achieve your goal at the end of the day.

Yea, no matter how good you may try to be , a lot of people will always want to take your simplicity for granted. As a business owner you have to show them that you are still responsible and still ready to take every responsibilities of your business.
That is why you should endeavour to use carrot and stick approach . you shouldn't be too soft and also, you shouldn't be too strict. It is better to strike a balance.

Actually if I happened to be a boss in my business, I wll be very strict when it comes to business though I will always respect the time for my workers to have some break from work.

Actually if I happened to be a boss in my business, I wll be very strict when it comes to business though I will always respect the time for my workers to have some break from work.
In terms of rules and regulation of the business , it must be official. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't get along with your employees , obviously that is just how you should be.

That is why you should endeavour to use carrot and stick approach . you shouldn't be too soft and also, you shouldn't be too strict. It is better to strike a balance.
Everybody understand that being too soft indicate that you will be taken advantage of . So even if I have to start a business I wouldn't have to be in that position. It does not work most especially nowadays. A lot of greedy people are out there looking for who to take advantage of. It's not easy.

Experience has taught me that one does not necessarily have to be too strict to get things done in the business environment.

You could be lenient and still get good results.

I am aware of the fact that familiarity breeds contempt and this makes me to be as strict as possible with my employees.

This way, they'll keep everything between us formal.

You must have to do things that are over your own means in order to ensure that you are on the right track because freelancer means that there is nobody who is going to be parading you.

Well strict during business operation I think is the best option because some of the employees needed entrepreneurs that are very strict before they can obey rules and regulations of the business.

Everybody understand that being too soft indicate that you will be taken advantage of . So even if I have to start a business I wouldn't have to be in that position. It does not work most especially nowadays. A lot of greedy people are out there looking for who to take advantage of. It's not easy.
Maintaining a balance between being too soft and being too strict is a very important attribute to have as a business owner.
This is highly needed to ensure smooth running of your organisation.

There are many levels of strictness. You can be strict in terms of implementing ideas and regulations that will make your business grow but at the same time you should be a bit friendly with your workers.
Maintaining of discipline in business is what every business owners should be looking to achieve. Apart from that becoming strict with other things may not really be necessary.

Maintaining of discipline in business is what every business owners should be looking to achieve. Apart from that becoming strict with other things may not really be necessary.
Any business that does not have enough discipline may actually not be able to succeed. It is always very important that as a business man you make rules and regulations that must be obeyed in your business.

Maintaining a balance between being too soft and being too strict is a very important attribute to have as a business owner.
This is highly needed to ensure smooth running of your organisation.
Thanks for the tips. When I start a business and I have to employ in people I have to balance both of them for the sake of protecting my business. How sure are you that being too soft will not work in managing a business ?

Any business that does not have enough discipline may actually not be able to succeed. It is always very important that as a business man you make rules and regulations that must be obeyed in your business.
And what do you think is the best way to handle people that are not willing to obey the rules and regulations you have set in the business, will you suspend them or will you deduct their salary ?

And what do you think is the best way to handle people that are not willing to obey the rules and regulations you have set in the business, will you suspend them or will you deduct their salary ?
If any worker refuses to obey the rules and regulation in my business I will probably punish such a person so that the act will not repeat itself again. It is either I reduce the salary or I suspend or even fire depending on the kind of disobedience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds