Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

As a music artiste, which platforms can I post my music on and get paid when people download and play my song?

Richard92

Captain Junkie
Credits
I am an upcoming artiste, I have some great music that I have recorded and I am looking at making money on them on online platforms where I can be making money on them as people play and download the songs.

This is one aspect of my music that I have not gotten right so far, my genre of music cut across all kinds of genres that can appeal to all kinds of audience, I sing good music but monetizing these songs is what I am finding very difficult.

Please guys as the topic says, I need to be able to monetize my songs by posting them on platforms through which I will be getting paid as people play and download the songs, when giving your suggestions, please give me a summary of how to register and upload my songs, I am so new to this kind of things.

Advertisement Placeholder
There are several sites where you can monetize your songs, according to what I have read, but if you are that good you can access these sites and find out how to upload and sell your songs. I found that on Amazon, iTunes, and Rhapsody, you can realize your dreams and start making a profit.

I think most of these streaming platforms pay artists when they reach a particular standard, I'm not sure tho, I think you need to need to do a little research and see what works best for you. iTunes , tidal and the rest I know they pay.

Spotify and Itunes, i don't know what are the requirements to be able to stream your music on, but you can sell albums there, so people can be able to listen to them, or you can upload them in Youtube

Most website or application that allow artist to post their song don't pay every artist for every, I think it has to do with consistency and the amount of people streaming your music, the best thing to do is for you to build your brand, when your song starts getting aired on radio or TV, then you will make money, or better join a good record label, they will take care of all this for you.

There are several websites in which you can sell your music. One the most popular ones is itune. Itune is the best place for you to sell your music if you are just starting out.

Another place is Spotify. On Spotify you as an artist will get 70 percent royalty for the number of stream you music generated. Other place worth of mentioning are reverbnation, sound cloud, Amazon, Landr, solotunes etc

Audiomack and boomplay will pay seventy percent royalties for your streaming numbers. If you can get at least ten thousand streams on your song on boomplay and audiomack respectively, you are going to make some profits.

I have my own compositions and some friends in the music industry. One close friend has loaded his recordings in Spotify. Whenever he would upload a new song he would promote it in Facebook. When there is a download he earns a percentage from the price. Another friend suggested that create your own website and make it like vlogging. The video will be like an mtv with the new song as the background. The website can be monetized by Adsense or maybe you can get sponsors.

If you want to promote your songs online you need to sign up on different music platforms to do that. I think you will instructed to upload some samples of your songs for reviews. If your songs meet their requirements they will definitely upload your songs on their PLATFORM for there large base of audience to download

There are several websites in which you can sell your music. One the most popular ones is itune. Itune is the best place for you to sell your music if you are just starting out.

Another place is Spotify. On Spotify you as an artist will get 70 percent royalty for the number of stream you music generated. Other place worth of mentioning are reverbnation, sound cloud, Amazon, Landr, solotunes etc
Do I pay any fees to get myself registered on iTunes and spotify or it's for free, and another question I want to ask is if iTunes are limited to only iPhone or can I also operate on my Android phone. I really need to do this because I have lots of songs to put out there and I don't have money to pay marketers and these days record labels do not pick you untill they have seen something promising like what am try to do now.
I have my own compositions and some friends in the music industry. One close friend has loaded his recordings in Spotify. Whenever he would upload a new song he would promote it in Facebook. When there is a download he earns a percentage from the price. Another friend suggested that create your own website and make it like vlogging. The video will be like an mtv with the new song as the background. The website can be monetized by Adsense or maybe you can get sponsors.
Please I want to know how do I register on Spotify, is it an application or a site, I want you to help me get in contact with that your friend so that I can really get good information about all this, because am really serious about this. I want him to explain the procedures of registering and how the site works.
[automerge]1610707654[/automerge]

Do I pay any fees to get myself registered on iTunes and spotify or it's for free, and another question I want to ask is if iTunes are limited to only iPhone or can I also operate on my Android phone. I really need to do this because I have lots of songs to put out there and I don't have money to pay marketers and these days record labels do not pick you untill they have seen something promising like what am try to do now.
Please I want to know how do I register on Spotify, is it an application or a site, I want you to help me get in contact with that your friend so that I can really get good information about all this, because am really serious about this. I want him to explain the procedures of registering and how the site works.

Last edited:
If you won't mind, try musicdiffusion. Just gone through their website interface and to me, it looks promising. One cannot really tell which of such site would help one's career you know

There are many platform where you can post your music, people listen and you get paid. But I see boom playing as one of the perfect platform for this. I suggest you try boom player

You don't need to post in all platforms as a beginner,just channel your energy in a platform and grow from there, Spotify is a good platform. Give it a try.

It is interesting to know that we have a music artist amongst us here. Congrats bro. You should market your songs on social groups that are music oriented

Music is becoming a global business that is sellable anywhere with just a few clicks some applications one can sell music includes, audiimack, shopify, amazon etc.

Most of the online streaming sites pay when your music is being played by a substantial number of people and time. I know of Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, audiomack

I have not delved that deep into monetizing of audio contents but I am aware that subscription based platforms like apple music, Spotify and Deedee all Kay content creators if their fans listen to their music so you should check them out.

As a music artist you can post your music on YouTube and a lot of followers on the website, because music had becoming business in the global system.

YouTube is one of the best site you can actually post the music you have and you will get paid for that,I don't know of any other platform but I think if you don't accept YouTube you can search it on Google and maybe you will see the best paying sites you can upload most of your music

I am an upcoming artiste, I have some great music that I have recorded and I am looking at making money on them on online platforms where I can be making money on them as people play and download the songs.

This is one aspect of my music that I have not gotten right so far, my genre of music cut across all kinds of genres that can appeal to all kinds of audience, I sing good music but monetizing these songs is what I am finding very difficult.

Please guys as the topic says, I need to be able to monetize my songs by posting them on platforms through which I will be getting paid as people play and download the songs, when giving your suggestions, please give me a summary of how to register and upload my songs, I am so new to this kind of things.
As a music artist and an upcoming one at that , you really need a good sites to upload your song , so that people can get to know about your music from there, sites like sportify and iTunes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds