Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

My new site just launched! :) Vīcious Crowd (A fan site for the band Līve)

cdub

Recognized member
Credits
My site launched yesterday and I have 9 new members so far (2 of which can't seem to figure out how to confirm their email yet) and one post from a member. :)

https://viciouscrowd.com/
I hope more people start posting soon.

Explanation behind the site:

So back in the 90s during high school and college I was REALLY into the band Live. I even created a Geocities fan site for them and that's how I got first involved into creating websites as a hobby.

I recently heard an ad for the band on the radio that they were playing nearby here in SoCal so I went to go see them and had a great time. Afterwards, I checked the current status of fan sites for the band and they were pretty poor. Just Facebook groups (which I don't like) and a site using forum software from 2005 that was completely unusable on mobile. So I decided to bring it full circle and use my present day web building skills to make a new fan site for the band.

@Russ from PixelExit did an AMAZING custom style for the site. It also has @Bob 's Item Management System (IMS) built as a database of their full music catalog that one can rate and review and of course his Article Management System (AMS) for articles. It's been a fun project.

Please let me know what you think! :) And if you're a fan of the band sign up. :)

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
By the way, what's your plan regarding building userbase, original content and monetization?
  • Currently reaching out to people on the Facebook group who said they were interested
  • I'll be posting news and reviews
  • No plans to monetize in any way at this time

Live does have a few good songs, my spouse and I both enjoy some of their music. :) It's cool seeing a fan site for a band, they're not too common anymore it seems. Best of luck with your community!
Thanks!

If you have a moment... Some reviews of their tracks on Bob's IMS would be killer to get the ball rolling over there.

Here are links to some of their bigger hits to review:

https://viciouscrowd.com/music/throwing-copper.5/
https://viciouscrowd.com/music/lightning-crashes.48/
https://viciouscrowd.com/music/i-alone.46/
https://viciouscrowd.com/music/all-over-you.50/

It's cool seeing a fan site for a band, they're not too common anymore it seems.
Yeah it's totally a fun/nostalgia project for me as they were how I got interested in websites in the first place. No plans to make money with it
.. just had a lot of fun making it and I hope people like it. :)

I've had about 8 people register so far and only one person posted. Oh well it's still early. I'll keep posting and doing my thing and hopefully people will start posting.

I've messaged a few people to nudge them to post but I don't want to annoy anyone. :)

It’s a very specific niche, nothing like any other general forum. I also suspect that the band has an older audience so it’s really gonna be hard to set the tone and have an active community within the first months. Older audience means less wanting to be bothered with a forum compared to a facebook group.

You’ve done a great job, looks very appealing but a hard niche and audience. So I wouldn’t personally expect much. That way, you won’t be easily disappointed.

I would think a specific niche would be easier to get people chatting than a general one. But yes it's going to be a slow build for sure.

Some of the people on the Facebook group have registered but only one has posted so far.

It's only been 4 days after all. What's funny is that it takes a lot for ME to post on a new site so I'm sure others are the same way. I'll keep posting and doing my thing though.

This site is a hobby with no intention of making money so it don't really need to worry about that.

I would think a specific niche would be easier to get people chatting than a general one. But yes it's going to be a slow build for sure.

Some of the people on the Facebook group have registered but only one has posted so far.

It's only been 4 days after all. What's funny is that it takes a lot for ME to post on a new site so I'm sure others are the same way. I'll keep posting and doing my thing though.

This site is a hobby with no intention of making money so it don't really need to worry about that.
Specific niches tend to have a way smaller audience. General forums are for everyone who enjoys being on forums.

I don’t know the band that well, but I think the audience is more comfortable with facebook groups. You’ll have some that will prefer a forum, but most will likely use facebook.

There’s only a small percentage that will flock over to your forum. I’m not trying to be mean here, just what I think.

I know you do it out of pleasure, as most of us do. And gaining a member can be so rewarding for the effort put into the forum.

but I think the audience is more comfortable with facebook groups. You’ll have some that will prefer a forum, but most will likely use facebook.

There’s only a small percentage that will flock over to your forum. I’m not trying to be mean here, just what I think.
Oh I know you're but trying to be mean. No worries! It is def going to be a slog and I need to offer something more than Facebook groups which is why I added IMS database of their catalog. I need to put in the work though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds