Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are customers always right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to suck it most time for the business. It doesn't mean that you can take any disrespect that a customer shoves down your throat. However, your reaction and attitude towards the way you handle the situation matter a lot. Be polite and calm while pointing out the problem.
Really it is. It is really necessary every time an employee comes in to work he must have a very long patience. Because that very long patience can be consumed by ONLY ONE psychotic customer.

Advertisement Placeholder
Now this has been a major challenge especially for people like me who just started out their own private businesses.

I still recall 2 years ago at a business seminar where the customer service trainee made me believe that the customers are always right.
In your opinion are customer's always right?
I know that this is the motto that many of the businesses live by however I do not believe that this is right in all circumstances. In fact I think that in many cases the customer actually does tend to take advantage of this notion and they tend to make unreasonable requests on the business that may impact largely on their profitability and how successful they are in the future. I think that the customer can be right in reasonable bounds and if there is sufficient evidence to support the customer claim then it makes sense

The sayings are not always right, some customers have a way of frustrating staffs, some even treat staff like slaves while others act like you owe them a favor because you transact with them. But treating a customer right is the reason for that saying, you learn to manage people no matter their character since people are not thesame

Now this has been a major challenge especially for people like me who just started out their own private businesses.

I still recall 2 years ago at a business seminar where the customer service trainee made me believe that the customers are always right.
In your opinion are customer's always right?
This is more like an old cliche. And it is TRUE.
The lifeline of every business is in their CUSTOMERS.
No CUSTOMERS no BUSINESS.
Business owners need to come yo terms with this saying.
The earlier they do the better it is for them and their business.
You want to be able to retain your customers, then treat them right. You can't always claim you are right with the customers and expect them not to move on to where they are treated as kings.
Remember they pay for whatever service you render to them, it is not for free.

The most annoying part of it is when they flaunt that " I am the customer attitude" right in your face..... So damn irritating. Then , jst to make a few bucks, you go ahead and swallow your pride.....

It's simple !swallow the shit, make the bucks, go to some else's shop and have ur pound of flesh.

The saying about customers being always right is not a license to tolerate rude, disrespectful clients. You have to respectfully put such customer in his place before he sees you as a pushover.

Last edited:
Not at all . Because costumers are also human so they are not always right . But the market,business everything is depends upon costumer, it is considered that Costumers are always king of market. So if client and costumers do not come to market then market is zero. So we all try to convince costumers always.

When it comes down to it, the customer isnt always right. simply because they don't always understand the lengths that you're able go to make them happy. Many times policies are put into place that customers aren't even aware of that are meant to assist them and enhance the customer experience.

Firstly, going into a business or learning a business u first have to learn huminity, because there are some customers that are ready faustrate u and u trying to proof your self right or trying to proof your right u may end up loosing everyday imaging that occurs everyday. So to me customers are always right

The saying about customers being always right is not a license to tolerate rude, disrespectful clients. You have to respectfully put such customer in his place before he sees you as a pushover.

A customer, also client, buyer or purchaser is the buyer or user of the paid products of an individual or organization, mostly called the supplier or seller. This is typically through purchasing or renting goods or services.
The phrase “The customer is always right” was originally coined by Harry Gordon Selfridge, the founder of Selfridge’s department store in London in 1909, and is typically used by businesses to:

1. Convince customers that they will get good service at this company
2. Convince employees to give customers good service

Fortunately more and more businesses are abandoning this maxim - ironically because it leads to bad customer service.
And now am left with the question, are customers actually always right? though i have reason that customers been always right is BAD, for all i know;
1: It makes employees unhappy- You can’t always treat your employees like serfs. You have to value them . . . If they think that you won’t support them when a customer is out of line, even the smallest problem can cause resentment.

A key point to keep in mind is that thecustomer is always right, in their own mind, although not necessarily in reality. It's critical not to disagree with thecustomer because that makes them angry and argumentative. It's not in anyone's best interest to tell a customerthey are wrong. Don't focus on the negative.

As a business owner you should know that many people will come to your business venture from different venture so the customer being right is just to get listen attention
[automerge]1612253305[/automerge]
As a business owner you should know that many people will come to your business venture from different venture so the customer being right is just to get listen attention

I don't know who coined that term but customers are never alway right..... If as a business owner a customer is constituting nuisance on your establishment you have the right to call the cops.... If a customer is being rude to your staff then he or she is not right.... If you lose 1 customer because of the customer rudeness,you'll get 100 more.

Either customer or seller , they are both human and you can't be always right . I believe that saying is just to creat a kind of cool relationship with your customer or better still a right approach towards your customers so as not to loose them . Not when customer comes to your business environment and slap you then you say customers are right .my friend ,that is bully
[automerge]1612253469[/automerge]
Either customer or seller , they are both human and you can't be always right . I believe that saying is just to creat a kind of cool relationship with your customer or better still a right approach towards your customers so as not to loose them . Not when customer comes to your business environment and slap you then you say customers are right .my friend ,that is bully

This statement is always very common but in the reality customers might not always be right in the context of decision making, but as touch customers satisfaction it is good to honour the customers wishes and see to their satisfaction. It is good to make sure your customers gets maximum utility on the product and services.

Yes customers are always right because they determines the growth of business. If you don't have any customers for your business or you're not entertaining any complaint your business will wind into thin air.Yes

The most annoying part of it is when they flaunt that " I am the customer attitude" right in your face..... So damn irritating. Then , jst to make a few bucks, you go ahead and swallow your pride.....

It's simple !swallow the shit, make the bucks, go to some else's shop and have ur pound of flesh.
Haha, with a bossy godlike sound. Such customers are annoying as if they have already bought the whole restaurant or mall on how they treat employees. Especially when they know themselves and are embarrassed, they will get even angrier. So it is necessary to make such customers look like "customer is always right" no longer exists.

I know that this is the motto that many of the businesses live by however I do not believe that this is right in all circumstances. In fact I think that in many cases the customer actually does tend to take advantage of this notion and they tend to make unreasonable requests on the business that may impact largely on their profitability and how successful they are in the future. I think that the customer can be right in reasonable bounds and if there is sufficient evidence to support the customer claim then it makes sense

True. But most times its still cool to call the customers to order.

Customers are always right even though some people will not agree with me on this. This is because they are the backbone of every business. Without them who will you sell your product or service to? This makes it essential to handle all customers with care. Though some show unruly behaviour you should know how to manage all customers because the good ones will also look at how you treat other customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds