Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are customers always right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this has been a major challenge especially for people like me who just started out their own private businesses.

I still recall 2 years ago at a business seminar where the customer service trainee made me believe that the customers are always right.
In your opinion are customer's always right?
I have always heard people saying customers are always right, due to the fact that they patronize us and we make profits from their patronage. But what about them? are they not also enjoying the products or service they buy from us? I think the saying that customers are always right are not always true.

Advertisement Placeholder
If it the reality about customers. The saying about customers are always right have been their and will keep it fact till eternity. Any customer who also patronize you and then came up suggesting something for you, he or want to introduce more people to your place that's why he or she is suggesting that.
It's good and that saying is no longer being followed. Because if up until now that is still being held, employees will definitely be miserable and customers will reign supreme. Imagine for example in a restaurant, a customer complains about something (might be service or the food he ordered), then he approaches it properly and the crew asks what the problem is and what he can do to calm him down, and all of a sudden he was sprinkled with water. If "customer is always right", many such incidents will happen.

For the sake of your business, yes the customer is always right. You are doing business and you need to protect your reputation. Control the things you can. One unsatisfied can spread the word out there. I believe that when the customer is wrong, there is a more civil way to handle the situation without it becoming heated.

A key point to keep in mind is that the customer is always right, in their own mind, although not necessarily in reality. It's critical not to disagree with the customer because that makes them angry and argumentative. It's not in anyone's best interest to tell a customer they are wrong. Don't focus on the negative

A key point to keep in mind is that the customer is always right, in their own mind, although not necessarily in reality. It's critical not to disagree with the customer because that makes them angry and argumentative. It's not in anyone's best interest to tell a customer they are wrong. Don't focus on the negative.

A key point to keep in mind is that the customer is always right, in their own mind, although not necessarily in reality. It's critical not to disagree with the customer because that makes them angry and argumentative. It's not in anyone's best interest to tell a customer they are wrong. Don't focus on the negative.
This is right. Let's just say that "customer is always" is in the minds of our clients. That's what they think of themselves every time they enter an establishment to become a customer. Your statement is also correct, you should not argue with the customer when he has a complaint, Find out the root cause of why he is like that. Think and suggest a solution that he will not be offended and especially angry.

You need to suck it most time for the business. It doesn't mean that you can take any disrespect that a customer shoves down your throat. However, your reaction and attitude towards the way you handle the situation matter a lot. Be polite and calm while pointing out the problem.

A customer, also client, buyer or purchaser is the buyer or user of the paid products of an individual or organization, mostly called the supplier or seller. This is typically through purchasing or renting goods or services.
The phrase “The customer is always right” was originally coined by Harry Gordon Selfridge, the founder of Selfridge’s department store in London in 1909, and is typically used by businesses to:

1. Convince customers that they will get good service at this company
2. Convince employees to give customers good service

Fortunately more and more businesses are abandoning this maxim - ironically because it leads to bad customer service.
And now am left with the question, are customers actually always right? though i have reason that customers been always right is BAD, for all i know;
1: It makes employees unhappy- You can’t always treat your employees like serfs. You have to value them . . . If they think that you won’t support them when a customer is out of line, even the smallest problem can cause resentment.

Customer has the right to say out what is own concern but the customer does not have the right to tell a business management what to do in a particular company because the managing department of that company is the one to handle everything that has to do with the business the only right a customer have is to say out his or her discomfort

Yes, customers are always right. Without them ones business is no where to be found, so there fore one need to always treat them special.
Yes I strongly believe that customers are always right and you have to know the difference between a customer and a business enemy. Some are not customers but those who come to ruin your business. If you know they are customers you got to treat them well. You understand them the way they are since others were never taught manners with their parents. So it'll be very hard for you to change or influence their behaviour in this matter.

No, that policy is outdated already and we have those nerve wrecking costumers that doesn't care about the stores policies. Just take a look at the karens in america 😆 it's should be the costumers are right only if proven right.
The customer is always right within certain boundaries of ethical behaviours. Not everything a customer does or says will always be right, that will be living in fantasy land. There are rights and responsibilities on everyone as humans

There is a popular saying that customers are always right which I tend to agree with. No matter how we see it they are always right. They are the reason you have an existing business. Without your customers I would say you have no business. However I also understand some customers can be rude you just have to figure out a diplomatic way to deal with those set of customers.

The customer is always right within certain boundaries of ethical behaviours. Not everything a customer does or says will always be right, that will be living in fantasy land. There are rights and responsibilities on everyone as humans
Some costumers are being too much sometimes just because of that "policy" just not fair because employees are just doing their jobs and they're the ones often being harassed by these uncultured costumers who thinks they're above everyone. Of course managers should still be calm and accommodate them properly.

When it comes down to it, the customer isn't always right simply because they don't always understand the lengths that you're able go to make them happy. Many times policies are put into place that customers aren't even aware of that are meant to assist them and enhance the customer experience

Customers are always right they said, if you don't treat your customers nicely very soon you will be out of business. So learn how to treat your customers as kings and queens and be friendly and calm with them.

Now this has been a major challenge especially for people like me who just started out their own private businesses.

I still recall 2 years ago at a business seminar where the customer service trainee made me believe that the customers are always right.
In your opinion are customer's always right?
key point to keep in mind is that the customer is always right, in their own mind, although not necessarily in reality. It's critical not to disagree with the customer because that makes them angry and argumentative. It's not in anyone's best interest to tell a customer they are wrong. Don't focus on the negative.

When it comes down to it, the customer isn't always right simply because they don't always understand the lengths that you're able go to make them happy. Many times policies are put into place that customers aren't even aware of that are meant to assist them and enhance the customer experience

I d not agree with that quote in anyway. Though business owners have to be very patient with customers when dealing with them, in order for peace to reign even though most customers leverage on the said quote to cause trouble.

Customers are the main actors in making any business to thrive. They are to be treated with respect and Honour. The customer service department of any organization should be second to none. To get the return on any investment, people must come back. However, despite one may want to treat them with such a respect, one should also define what to accept from customers and not what to accept. If customers must be right always, it must be in line with the values and the policies of the company anything outside should not be tolerated.

Regardless of whether client isn't right you have consistently to fulfill client to fulfill your manager this is crucial step of the work. In any case client grumbles are taken in thought by chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds