Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

WYR You're the admin. Are you "main character" or "supporting character"?

Explore compelling dilemmas with our bi-monthly 'Would You Rather' debates, where participants engage in lively discussions weighing two contrasting scenarios. Perfect for critical thinkers and decision-making enthusiasts!

joelr

Addicted member
Administrator
Credits
Main character energy means you’re super visible, leading all the discussions, and basically the face of the forum. It’s like being the protagonist in a movie, where everything kind of revolves around you.

Supporting character vibes, on the other hand, mean you're more behind the scenes, helping things run smoothly and letting others take the spotlight.

1719200506140.png

What do you all think? Do you feel like you’re more of a main character or a supporting character in your forum? What are the pros and cons of each role?

Advertisement Placeholder
A developing forum requires a "main character" to hit it off, without absurd luck a forum doesn't kick off by itself. The owner may not necessarily have to be the one but I'd be surprised to see a place hit off without at least some sort of face to it, it can't just be backroom plinking hoping someone else picks up on the actual forum aspect of the new forum. On a larger forum it's rather like trying to be the main character of Game of Thrones: a tremendous, and not entirely needed task if you have the right backup.

With that said I am almost exclusively in supporting roles and avoid top 'spotlight' positions.

In all honesty, I try to be a supporting character on my forums. I facilitate the community and look to the members to be the storytellers and main characters.

People like having attention on them, too. It's a good practice.

Now, I'm working on a paid online community for my blogging blog audience. That will focus on me because I'll offer one-on-one services as part of the subscription. So, I'll need to be more visible on there as a whole.

However, I try to be an active participant or member on all my communities, free and paid.

In my large well established forum, I am a side character. There are many users with a ton more posts than me.

In my new forum, I am the main character, but that is because the site is still young. But, I am getting some faithful members returning every day and participaing, which is good.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds