Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

WYR Would You Rather - Webmaster Edition #6

Explore compelling dilemmas with our bi-monthly 'Would You Rather' debates, where participants engage in lively discussions weighing two contrasting scenarios. Perfect for critical thinkers and decision-making enthusiasts!

When it comes to designing your website, which path would you choose?

• Total voters

Cedric

Ex-Captain Junkie
Retired Staff
We're back with another intriguing topic for webmasters, and this time it's a decision that impacts the user experience of your website. As webmasters, you're constantly faced with the challenge of balancing mobile optimization and desktop prioritization in design and functionality. Let's dive into this dilemma and explore the pros and cons of each approach.

🤔 The Dilemma:

When it comes to designing your website, which path would you choose?
  • a) Prioritize mobile optimization to provide an excellent experience for users on smartphones and tablets.
  • b) Focus on desktop users, ensuring a rich and immersive experience for traditional computer users.

This dilemma revolves around the balance between catering to the growing mobile audience and delivering a robust desktop experience. Your choice can significantly impact how users interact with your website, and we're curious to know which side of the scale you lean toward.

In this discussion, we invite you to share your experiences, insights, and the reasoning behind your decision. What advantages do you see in prioritizing mobile optimization, and how has it improved the user experience? On the other hand, how has focusing on desktop users elevated your website, and what potential limitations have you encountered?

The collective knowledge and expertise of the webmasters in this community serve as a valuable resource for others facing this fundamental web design choice. We eagerly anticipate your participation in our discussion and look forward to hearing your perspectives on the mobile optimization vs. desktop prioritization dilemma. :)

I think more people tend to browse forums on their phones rather than on their computers these days, so I'd focus on making sure the site is mobile friendly.

Depends what the site is. If it’s primarily about content creation I’d focus on desktop first. If content consumption, mobile first.

Personally, I tend to develop from a "mobile first" POV these days. "Usually", if it is solid / performant / usable on mobile everything else usually just falls into place.

I would prioritize mobile optimization to provide an excellent experience for users on smartphones and tablets because a lot of them like to browse while traveling, while being on lunch/tea breaks at work, or while waiting for food at a restaurant. It's always great when we get similar experiences on smartphones as well as desktops.

I pick the first option in the box ;) And even IPS already has had that for many years even with their default theme which is wonderful so a Desktop or phone is perfect ;) Yet not all is already that supported ;( mostly free software are not. Shame but it's how it is right, but now in 2023, there are far more people browsing sites on there small devices and so in many cases that's where you going to get most of the traffic from.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds