Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Working from home and working at the office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like both, but I'd choose working from the office. Working from home is adorable and saves a lot of stress in addition to its comfort and convenience. But personally, I'm always lazy when I work from home, I'm less productive compared to when I go to my workplace. The lock down helped me in this aspect though, as I had no other choice than to work from home.

Advertisement Placeholder
In the advent of a possible wrap of the pandemic, do you think it’ll be beneficial to fully endorse working from home? I agree with what you said. Working from home will have drastic effect on the world economy. This will leave a huge unemployment gap in the society. A lot of people will lose their jobs
I quite agree with your submission here. Working from home especially during this pandemic is highly encouraging. As a matter of fact, government and and other private parastata encourage this in order to avoid social gathering and physical contacts.

Most people didn't look towards this direction until this pandemic hit mankind to its very core of existence. Now, work can be swiftly ran at the comfort of once home and the same output or thereabouts will be made at the end of the month. Well, that's for corporate workers only.

This is true. Working from home allows you to do other things. Though sometimes you may tend to work more than your normal working hours.working from home may be easy but you may end up with workaholic tendencies.
Even if I need to work an extra hour as well as I'm working at home I think that will be much more better for me because no matter how it is it will not be stressful and I will have time to take care of other needs, working at home you will not only work all the hours you work hhourly or depending on the setting.

Going to work in the office is a far better option. It helps organizations to better supervise their workers to ensure they are performing up to expectations. Without this, so many organizations would run into losses even though workers are getting their full payment.

working from home might give you the ease and reduce the pressure associated with the office environment, both have their own merit and thing associated with it.If you are not discipline,working at home can make one to be too relaxed and laxical in meeting up deadlines

Working from home is the talk of the town right now due to the ongoing pandemic in the world. Before now, working from office was the thing .but to be sincere working from home now has streamlined employment opportunities.ifbgou can't work well on a computer, then you won't find it easy to work from home. Having a wide knowledge about a computer now is very important because you'll be using the internet to do most of your work and findings .I'll prefer we go back to the former way which is office, so we can also create opportunity for those who can't use a computer .

Working from home is better for some people than going to the office, and for others, working at the office is better for them than working at home. Which one is better for someone depends on a number of factors such as the individual’s personality.

These days, i prefer working at home specially we have this pandemic that we are facing right now. There is no better option these days but to only stay at home. Let's just hope that it won't affect our performance in a worst case scenario .
In today's world and the fast rate of things changing, working from home to ideal and best for me. At least one is free from the daily huzzling, noise, fueling and maintaining of your vehicle and being bullied by one boss in the office.
Finally with the covid-19 pandemic working from home is the best option to be alive.

The pandemic forced a lot of employer of labour to review their system and operations in other to stay in business. Decisions that ordinary would have take a long time to take becomes the only but hard thing for them to stay in business. Many ordered their staffs to work remotely.
The technology that was meant to have a gradual integration into our system was forced and many were left behind and are finding it difficult coping with the reality and acceptability of technology in our work space.
A lot of jobs were lost but a whole lots more were created.

Truly working from home reduce the expenses of both employees and workers but it hasn’t been proven effective on all aspect of company works. Also how productive is working from home compared to working at the office
It's entirely up to the individual just how productive they are. For instance, my husband and I own a small graphic design company and have never had a regular office. We have always operated 100% remotely but we operate like any other business. I also work remotely as an editor/proofreader for a company that's in another country. We get up in the morning as if we're going go a regular office, shower, have breakfast and start working. We usually work from 9 am to about 8 pm. Discipline and a good work ethic are key!

It's entirely up to the individual just how productive they are. For instance, my husband and I own a small graphic design company and have never had a regular office. We have always operated 100% remotely but we operate like any other business. I also work remotely as an editor/proofreader for a company that's in another country. We get up in the morning as if we're going go a regular office, shower, have breakfast and start working. We usually work from 9 am to about 8 pm. Discipline and a good work ethic are key!
This is very amazing. You treat it like a normal job. Also you created a good working environment. This wouldn’t have been easy if you didn’t create a good working environment for it but I have a question. Do you follow the office time and principles? Have you ever notice you stay more time often at work?

I think that I could work from home and be productive. That being said, I don’t think that I would jump into allowing employees the option without serious thought. I have found that those employees who cannot do their work from home can become bitter and you don’t want to lose those employees as well as morale and culture changes will probably occur if “work from home” is introduced.

Everyone will prefer working form home at their convenience instead of the office but then again working with little or no supervision at all isn't good for an organisation and the economy at Large as targets will not be met. Most organisations rely on group work in other to achieve their goals but working from home will district group engagement.

This is very amazing. You treat it like a normal job. Also you created a good working environment. This wouldn’t have been easy if you didn’t create a good working environment for it but I have a question. Do you follow the office time and principles? Have you ever notice you stay more time often at work?
Thank you :) Yes, we have set up our room as a proper office, so it does feel like we're in any regular office. It definitely wouldn't have been easy otherwise. We follow all office principles but work harder and longer hours now than when we were employed because never say no to work LOL😂 Well, unless it's after 9 pm.

Working from the office was a normal day to day routine until covid came and turned the rides in the sense that during the lockdown many people started working at home and some have totally accepted this way of working. Some didn't stop but continued working at home even after the lockdown.

Due to the ongoing pandemic we’ve all seen how we can work effectively from home while working at the office gives you the opportunity to go out and do the do on a daily basis.
Now if this goes on even when the pandemic is over which one will you prefer?
How do you think this will affect the labour market?
Which effect does it have on the economy?
Well I think working at home sounds much better for me than working in the office. But I think working in the office is also necessary sometimes, especially if you are living alone because you need to interact with your colleagues, you need to help each other with different tasks and it's just a different atmosphere at the office than at home. When you go to the office you actually feel like working while if you stay at home you might have a hard time adjusting to a working routine
For me I prefer working at home , it is comfortable and requires less stress. Only problem working at home is you won't get to interact with others , secondly you won't get to work effectively as you used to work in the office.
Well working at home sounds much better for me than working in the office. But I think working in the office is also necessary sometimes, especially if you are living alone because you need to interact with your colleagues, you need to help each other with different tasks and it's just a different atmosphere at the office than at home. When you go to the office you actually feel like working while if you stay at home you might have a hard time adjusting to a working routine

Needless to say, productivity can get a huge uptick with remote workers. For example, call center employees that work from home were able to boost their productivity by 13%, according to a Stanford study. Consistent research has shown that remote workers log longer hours than their office-bound counterparts

I think, working at office will be good and economy level will be increased in this way, so I suggest you to work in office. Because in home, you cannot give proper response and time to work, you may busy in another home work and in office you will pay full attention and got noticable profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds