Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest ā€” join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Working from home and working at the office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :) Yes, we have set up our room as a proper office, so it does feel like we're in any regular office. It definitely wouldn't have been easy otherwise. We follow all office principles but work harder and longer hours now than when we were employed because never say no to work LOLšŸ˜‚ Well, unless it's after 9 pm.
Tendencies of working longer hours is one of the few disadvantages that working from home may pose. Also you tend to develop workaholic features but money is involvedšŸ˜ and thatā€™s the most important

Advertisement Placeholder
For both corporate employers and staff, working from home can be positive. Increased efficiency, better harmony between work and life, and decreased costs are just some of the ways in which flexibility in remote work can be mutually beneficial.

For both corporate employers and staff, working from home can be positive. Increased efficiency, better harmony between work and life, and decreased costs are just some of the ways in which flexibility in remote work can be mutually beneficial.
Truly considering the cost on transportation and other expenses, working from home is best preferred in this case. However the employer will put other things into consideration. However, productivity is one of the key factors to be considered. A business owner or company owner will consider the productive rate while working from home and working at the office. This is the primary concern of an employer.

Due to the ongoing pandemic weā€™ve all seen how we can work effectively from home while working at the office gives you the opportunity to go out and do the do on a daily basis.
Now if this goes on even when the pandemic is over which one will you prefer?
How do you think this will affect the labour market?
Which effect does it have on the economy?
I preffer to do work at home because I feel myself more comfortable and easy to work at home and I work freely from home and I can work without worrying and without tension and work without any pressure.

I preffer to do work at home because I feel myself more comfortable and easy to work at home and I work freely from home and I can work without worrying and without tension and work without any pressure.
Yeah truly there wouldnā€™t be any tension on you but wonā€™t that affect your productivity? I mean where thereā€™s no pressure on you and you get complacent this may have effect on your rate of productivity. Also working from home requires you to create a good working environment in order to work without distractions

To me, working from home still remains the best option because you have flexible time and you can set deadlines for yourself, you can work in any attire you deem fit too. It however depends solely on factors like power supply and Internet connection.

I prefer working from home it doesn't restrict my time I work whenever I want to and is conducive for me

Working from home is very easy if you don't have children that will disturb you and you will do it at you convenience without rushing that you don't want to get late for work but if you have children that will be disturbing you when working it will be frustrating and making the work to be difficult. Going to office also have it own advantages in terms of movement from one place to the other especially health benefits of burning the sugar in the body.
That's my situation, I've got kids at home and find it difficult to concentrate, not only distractions attending to their needs also make me not to meet my target.
Really I'll prefer to work from the office unless I'm running my own business.

The first step in your ā€œwork from homeā€ journey is to designate an area of your home, specifically for getting work done.

This could be an empty or spare bedroom that you convert to a home office. If you are pressed for space, you can set up a desk for your computer and office supplies.

Regardless of space or location, establish an area of your home where you will work, and commit to working in this space every day. Be sure your workspace is quiet so you can focus on the task at hand.

I love to work online than working in an office but I think working in and office and online will certainly help and boost your financial status but on a personal basis I think working on your computer more comfortable and relaxing especially if you are a stay at home mom.

I still prefer working in the office due to the nature of my job. I am a mechanical engineer, and my job requires me to always be in the field to oversee activities as it unfolds, what I do is to observe preventive measures as it concerns the pandemic, but in all, working in the office is best, because it really gives an idea of all that is required and what is expected of me

Working from home do have some benefits specially during pandemic because like that we had less chance of getting effected from the virus but working in office is also have it's plus point. As you have to go out look around the world and new people personally.

I still prefer working in the office due to the nature of my job. I am a mechanical engineer, and my job requires me to always be in the field to oversee activities as it unfolds, what I do is to observe preventive measures as it concerns the pandemic, but in all, working in the office is best, because it really gives an idea of all that is required and what is expected of me
Mechanical engineering is a field work and it cannot be done online though some you still have to create a home office for yourself. In the advent of a possible wrap of the pandemic, most people will enjoy going back to the office

Exactly the point. I remember when I had the opportunity to work from home, truth be told, I worked without enthusiasm. I might be on my bed all through all in the name of working. Working in the office is preferable for effective delivery. Transportation stress and fee might just be the bones of contention.
As I am like this , I prefer working n an office than working at home the reason is that , the situation which we are now has to do with lockdown but some of office workers are still going to office and we are now staying at home .so to me I prefer working in an office than working at home.
[automerge]1612205843[/automerge]
Exactly the point. I remember when I had the opportunity to work from home, truth be told, I worked without enthusiasm. I might be on my bed all through all in the name of working. Working in the office is preferable for effective delivery. Transportation stress and fee might just be the bones of contention.
As I am like this , I prefer working n an office than working at home the reason is that , the situation which we are now has to do with lockdown but some of office workers are still going to office and we are now staying at home .so to me I prefer working in an office than working at home.

Working from home or office is not even the watchword, getting paid handsomely is.well, i will love to work from home, at my comfort.working in the office makes me feel am subjected to some kind of pressure or something.

Working from home or office is not even the watchword, getting paid handsomely is.well, i will love to work from home, at my comfort.working in the office makes me feel am subjected to some kind of pressure or something.
Before youā€™ll get paid youā€™d have produced something right? I beleive thatā€™s the case for all jobs. This is why the mode of location is very important. Does working from home makes you more productive than working at the office? If yes, How do you manage to do it?

Working from home is more preferable to working at the office because when you are working from home will more convenient for you, you will be more attentive or focus on what you are doing and you will get more to time to do whatever you want to do.

When working from home, you can easily get distracted and end up not accomplishing your target for that day but in an office environment, you are more focused and you are likely to achieve more than the target you set up for that day, you will also meet people and build relationships and connections. It is ideal to work in an office if you have one.

When working from home, you can easily get distracted and end up not accomplishing your target for that day but in an office environment, you are more focused and you are likely to achieve more than the target you set up for that day, you will also meet people and build relationships and connections. It is ideal to work in an office if you have one.
Well said! This is one of the disadvantages of working from home. In situations where thereā€™s no healthy environment to work with, productivity is always reduced. You can reach your full potential while working from home provided your employees self disciplined and create a good environment for your job

Though everyone might Choose to work from home but from a different perspective comes my opinion, working from the office provide the ample opportunity to interverse with different people of different classes which may server as future connections meanwhile, working from home won't enable such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds