Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why is it hard for an incompetent manager to resign willingly?

A manager can be termed incompetent due to some reasons. The manager could be faulty, his team may be the cause of his incompetency, lack of managerial skills and so on. So to determine if he should resign seems to have much to do with if he (himself) isn't giving the right orders.

Advertisement Placeholder
As a manager that has no job opportunity elsewhere and he or she is incompetent in her current jobs , there's no way he will leave his current job because there's minor he alternative for him out there,

Mangers are being hired by the employer who believed in their abilities. Not necessarily hired on the correct basis, or with an accurate view of their skills.
Hiring a manager who wasn't a good choice for the company was or one who lacks skills needed to manage the company. Having failed as a manager on many occasions makes it very obvious that he lacks the skill set to drive the company forward. His refusal to stay put on the job and not willingly considering resignation is what baffles me.

The said manager in question still believe things will fall in the right place with time

Some of the most common reasons I’ve heard during my 20 years of organizational consulting and coaching include
  • I really like my job/colleagues/commute.
  • I need the salary. I can’t afford to take a pay cut.
  • There aren’t any other jobs that would be better.
  • I don’t want to lose the benefits.
  • I’ve invested too much to start over in a new organization.
  • This job pays too well to leave.
  • I don’t have the skills to get a different job.
Most of the time , an incompetent manager fails to quit job willingly because of greediness and selfish interest , he already know he's not capable but because he's thinking of what people might said.

It is not only for the incompetent whether manager or staff to resign voluntarily. You have to understand that a job is the livelihood of the employee much more when he has a family to feed. I pity the employee who is forced to resign due to technical or moral issues. Losing one's livelihood is like killing half of the mind.

As a manager that has no job opportunity elsewhere and he or she is incompetent in her current jobs , there's no way he will leave his current job because there's minor he alternative for him out there,
If they are really interested to stay in the business organisation why can't they just improve themselves and meets up to the demands of the business organisation ? To me I believe that some of them don't even see what they have done wrong and that is just the reason.

It will be very hard for an incompetent manager to resign willingly because it would be very hard for him to get another engagement,reason he would want to stay put at his post,because he might not have the neccessary value to add elsewhere.

This is something that usually boils down to personal reasons and most of the people who are incompetent are usually proud and as such they will not want to accept that they are taking the company down.

It will be very hard for an incompetent manager to resign willingly because there's no job employment out there and getting a well paid job is very scarce, so It will be difficult to resigned willingly.

Some of them will refuse to believe that they are not capable of handling the business organisation. If people do not see the mistake they have done then you should not be expecting them to resign or work toward correcting it.

The main reason why its hard for an incompetent manager to leave and resign is that he doesn't want people to see him or her as an incompetent manager and the shame of leaving the job.

Most of them believe that they are doing better and they don't even see the mistake they have done. And beside no one will like to lose his source of income for any reason.

Most of them believe that they are doing better and they don't even see the mistake they have done. And beside no one will like to lose his source of income for any reason.
That is exactly what I was also trying to say. I have seen this situation before and no matter the level of their incompetency, they will still not want to accept the fact that they are not able to do it. So I wouldn't really be surprised if this is the reason.

We are all working to make money , even if we made a mistakes , we just keep moving forward and not because of that resign from work , so it never easy to resign even when you knew you are incompetent .

Mangers are being hired by the employer who believed in their abilities. Not necessarily hired on the correct basis, or with an accurate view of their skills.
Hiring a manager who wasn't a good choice for the company was or one who lacks skills needed to manage the company. Having failed as a manager on many occasions makes it very obvious that he lacks the skill set to drive the company forward. His refusal to stay put on the job and not willingly considering resignation is what baffles me.

Nine times out of ten the manager is of the view that he or she can still perform the task despite his or her track record of incompetence. Also, in some instances, he or she may be getting added financial benefits which they may not want to give up

Being a manager in a particular business organisation comes with so many advantage. One of the greatest advantage is salary security. No one will want to let down his or her position if their salary is what they depends on.

First , we have to consider the fact that there is no out there , and that's the main reason why an incompetent manager will never want to resign willingly until he's being sacked .

An incompetent manager may find it difficult to resign willingly because he/she believes he is competent and sees nothing wrong with his management style. A proud person will never admit to their wrongs or mistakes.

The issue of managers resigning willing is not something common in this part of the world,some managers that have perform below expectation would want the management to tarminate their employment rather than resign.

Most likely as a result of the lack of any other activities that could bring in income. Such individuals would make the company fail in its entirety because they are haughty.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds