Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why is it hard for an incompetent manager to resign willingly?

There is nobody I mean there are very few people that will willingly resign from their job when the owner of that business has not told them so you stop even you that is wondering why managers are not resigning you won't resign from the current job that you are doing now even if you feel that you are not putting in your best because you know that getting another job is quite difficult to come by this is also so for managers of a business

Advertisement Placeholder
according to my own point of view, I believe the reason why an incompetent manager cannot resign willingly is because he believes in future he might do better because some people said experience is the best teacher and anything you are doing, you might become good on it

In my own opinion, I think he doesn't want to resign willingly because of the benefits(such as official cars, house etc), he is getting from the company which is harming the company because there are lapses, which he suppose to cover.
Also maybe he doesn't want to disappoint his employer that he deceives him during the interview and also during presentations.

The manager or that person occupying such a high position of manager in a company would be scared to resign even when it's obvious he is incompetent, because he would be so scared of this, when he knows he might not actually get such opportunity again in his lifetime to reach such a height.

Just like a lot of us have said one thing is the pride well another is that we have people who do not know they have a problem thus the greatest problem is in your hands right now. So, as a business owner my advice is to let go.

leaving an incompetent manager to continue to manage your company or business is not good for the health of the business. It has been proven several times that the manager is not the right choice for the business why continue to keep him in the office. For the safety of the manager, the business and other staff in the company it is better to let go of the manager if his incompetence cannot be improved on.

There are not too many people, I mean, who voluntarily give up their work, if they're not told through their owners, so that's when you quit asking why managers don't give up the job you're doing now even if you think you don't put it at best although you know it's really difficult to get an additional job.

Mangers are being hired by the employer who believed in their abilities. Not necessarily hired on the correct basis, or with an accurate view of their skills.
Hiring a manager who wasn't a good choice for the company was or one who lacks skills needed to manage the company. Having failed as a manager on many occasions makes it very obvious that he lacks the skill set to drive the company forward. His refusal to stay put on the job and not willingly considering resignation is what baffles me.

What is asked is a very serious and funny question at the same time. Resignation from office as a result of not living up to expectations is a good thing but that does not exist in every clime especially in Africa. People rather die or remain in office till they finish their tenure than vacate the office for someone else.

When you have a high-performing employee, it's easy to fall into the trap of giving them extra work. There's a fine line here - you have to find a balance between overwork and overwork.Some incompetent manager won't resign because of the money they are embezzling and because of there corrupt mindset.

Many people find it hard to take responsibility when things goes wrong, the manager in question might not see himself as incompetent, rather might be thinking that the other employees are the problem. Also people hardly resign from their positions especially if they are highly placed, therefore the owner of the business is the one that have to sack the manager, if the owner believes that the manager is incompetent.

Mangers are being hired by the employer who believed in their abilities. Not necessarily hired on the correct basis, or with an accurate view of their skills.
Hiring a manager who wasn't a good choice for the company was or one who lacks skills needed to manage the company. Having failed as a manager on many occasions makes it very obvious that he lacks the skill set to drive the company forward. His refusal to stay put on the job and not willingly considering resignation is what baffles me.

Lol this is funny, probably he or she doesn't know he is incompetent, it is the responsibility of the owner of the organization to ensure productivity is at the maximum, once it is not you don't need to wait for the staff in question to resign, you do what's necessary.

Human beings are insatiable. An incompetent manager would not want to resign because the managarial position is a job, a source of income for him and he would not want to loose it even though he is not good enough to handle a business.

If I am the manager and I was accused of being incompetent and maybe I will admit that I am incompetent, all right, let me look for another job before I resign. My family can go hungry if I resign without an alternative income so I wouldn't do that unless I am forced to resign with the threat of facing a civil suit.

Probably he assumes every complaint made about his decision or work is made out of jealousy. Some will not resign because they do not have any other source of income.They don't admit that they are bad even when they know they are very bad. It is the same thing seen in leadership especially in African countries.

I believe there are several reasons why this manager does not resign, among which I can cite: his economic situation, the fact that he believes he is superior to others, the feeling of being a failure, etc. Another reason may be that it is convenient for him to be fired, because if there is no legal reason for it, he may receive a double indemnity for his dismissal.

Every person who has a post higher than his approach he alwsys feel proud of having it. He always think that the employer has need of him. On the other hand he think that he may couldn't get new opportunity like this. That's why it is hard for him

Most incompetent managers are unwilling to resign because most do not believe they are incapable of doing a good job in that position. Another reason could be that they know of their competent are the fear of staying out of job is killing them so they rather stay in their comfort zone until the company management do the needful.

In the first instance, no employee or manager will want to agree that he is incompetent and this suggest why they wouldn't want to willingly resign. Another reason is that nobody will want to voluntarily leave a job for such a reason especially when there is no hope of another one in view.

Of course they want money on, which is one of the reasons of their incompetency. Another reason is also pride and shame.

This is a simple and straight forward question, its very hard for an incompetent manager to resign willingly because there's no work other that he can go. Its not easy to get a job out there.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds