Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

I think they have a wrong notion that they are graduates and they have everything one requires to secure a job. Well education s necessary for job but you also need skill development training.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think they have a wrong notion that they are graduates and they have everything one requires to secure a job. Well education s necessary for job but you also need skill development training.
That's correct @Justin , both are important to achieve the goals of the graduates. Both secular knowledge and skills development, with this preparation they are more likely to get a job as they desire.

Well i think they don't want to learn because they are more focused on their white collar job pursuit in making money and that have been the problem with graduate of today

Well to me If i can make my opinion about such behaviour i can say as a graduate who is capable and knowledgeable to utilize his acquire skills don't have to go on securing jobs from another person. the rate of unemployment is as a result of the failure to utilize their personal skills and to some extent based of general view it can be seen as laziness of the students.

Well to me If i can make my opinion about such behaviour i can say as a graduate who is capable and knowledgeable to utilize his acquire skills don't have to go on securing jobs from another person. the rate of unemployment is as a result of the failure to utilize their personal skills and to some extent based of general view it can be seen as laziness of the students.
Your words are true in theory. But in practical, there is competition in everything. Even if you consider yourself smart and well educated, to find a suitable job for you is a very hard task. Unemployment is soaring everywhere, which has negative impact of the jobs vacancies.

Unemployment is just on the center of attraction. Many are simply jobless, some have fixed themselves somewhere to solve during this ongoing pandemic. Those who aren't working hard, suffers all through cos the govt i know here in my country can't help out.

The reason a lot of graduates are waiting to be employed by the government and not acquire any skill is as a result of the orientation. The orientation is, when you go to school, graduate with good grades, boom you get a job. That is not the situation now, our schools, need to inculcate entrepreneurship in our curriculum to further enlightene the younger generation.

The general believe is that as soon as you complete youruniversity degree you will get the opportunity of getting a very good so this made alot of graduate to depend on what they will get from their certificate as soon as they leave school. But as the end they get disappointed.

I loved your publication, what a support. Students acquire in college knowledge and skills related to their career. Unfortunately in many cases laziness, is one of the reasons why students do not bother to learn skills other than those already acquired. This makes it impossible for them to perform other functions.

To some extent it can be called laziness and over reliance on white collar job those jobs that can earned them money without stress they always thought their certificates can grant them those needed they want but it often fails most of them and favour few.

Well i think they don't want to learn because they are more focused on their white collar job pursuit in making money and that have been the problem with graduate of today

Well, this is the exact reason. However, many educated people are not able to get a good paying job in my country so they resort to doing blue collar jobs and it is a very common thing in my country. I have seen many educated people working as drivers in my country because they are not able to get the job they deserve.

To some extent it can be called laziness and over reliance on white collar job those jobs that can earned them money without stress they always thought their certificates can grant them those needed they want but it often fails most of them and favour few.
Frankly, I don't think laziness is part of the issue because the fact that the student had finished his studies then he cannot be considered lazy. Maybe they just want the white collar job because I also prefer that when I was a student. Working in the office has perks especially with the comfort in the work place.

The problem is that most of them solely depend on their certificate which is very disheartening. They believe that with their certificate they can easily get a job which is not true especially in developing countries such as Nigeria.

this is their decision and don't see anything wrong with it as far as they do not complain , but for me I can never be like them because I cannot only depend on government to be employed when I still have my head to learn something that can give me money.

To some extent it can be considered as the result of the poor working or learning conditions which is not favourable to most of the graduates who are most aquented to pleasure while in school and some times it can be look from the angle of poor economic condition some lack the resources to support them self to learn work after school.

this is their decision and don't see anything wrong with it as far as they do not complain , but for me I can never be like them because I cannot only depend on government to be employed when I still have my head to learn something that can give me money.
Hmm this is true you obviously needs to create a job your self with the amount of skills you have ,so you don't start focusing and depending on the government

To some extent it can be considered as the result of the poor working or learning conditions which is not favourable to most of the graduates who are most aquented to pleasure while in school and some times it can be look from the angle of poor economic condition some lack the resources to support them self to learn work after school.
You are not far form the truth. The poor economic conditions affected a lot of graduate to learn a skills after graduation because most graduate struggles to finish their degree which costs them a fortune to achieve. Learning a skills, most graduate will need money to finance their skills learning which they may not have the financial strength to do so.

postgraduate and frustrated after education and not getting a job with these they see it as a stress to go and learn other skills or learn a job so it becomes confusion to them.
You're right about this. However, life always gives us opportunities to explore and make ourselves better. One must try to rethink and come up with a better strategy instead of sitting to regret.

Because them feel like been graduate is not important to add profitable skills to their self, but is good as a graduate to add skills so that it will help one to get job.
I totally agree with you because most graduate in my country are of the opinion that being graduate is enough for them to land their dream job and be self-sufficient in life but what they don't know is that the addition of skills to them is what make them valuable and being able to create value for themself.

Hmm this is true you obviously needs to create a job your self with the amount of skills you have ,so you don't start focusing and depending on the government
I can never in any way depending on the government of my country because I know they will not have anything tangible to give me, this has always been my dream even when I was in high school, the government over here doesn't care for her citizen.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds