Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

The thing is that most of these politicians are so corrupt and each day attempt to bring just a fraction of what they are saying abroad year it will reduce the amount of money that they can embezzle so they will rather continue to improverish the country and their own advantage.
Can you imagine the mindset,they are just making things very difficult for the citizen of this country because at the end of the day they will embezzled all the money and go to the western country and enjoy it with their children and generation leaving the innocent citizen to bear the consequences.

Advertisement Placeholder
However, In my country the dream of every graduate is to get a job in a good company. They do not learn skills because they think that only uneducated people learn skills and I believe that this is very wrong thinking. Being educated does not mean that you will become inferior if you learn skills.
This notion is a very wrong notion for graduates to think that the uneducated are the ones who need to learn skill. Infact this uneducated are now the ones giving this graduates employment right now

This notion is a very wrong notion for graduates to think that the uneducated are the ones who need to learn skill. Infact this uneducated are now the ones giving this graduates employment right now

Well, only the wealthy, uneducated people are the ones who are hiring educated people like graduates and even people who have completed their masters. I have visited several places where the boss was not that much qualified and he was the one who was hiring educated people. This is a common thing in my country.

Graduates have the security of exercising their knowledge in a public or private position, which is not usually the case when living in a country with a high unemployment rate. By the time they realize they need to develop a skill, they have already lost valuable time.
Yes its true that most of the graduated students have lost their valuable time while confusing their next move.

They must know that learning a proffesional skill does not equate to one being an illiterate or something. It simply means you want to change your present condition in life on something better for yourself

I totally agree with you @Nicklas22, I think that is the main reason, many of the graduates only hope to get a good position at the executive level. The above makes them conceive of waiting for the time to come when their services are requested, before taking the time to learn a skill or two.
Well personally i dont really blame any of them for hoping and waiting for a white collar job tho, honestly speaking, that was the exact reason they went too school and studied hard for. But things didnt really go as planned. That is why these days they tell you get a hand skill and also study hard, so no matter how it goes you can stand your ground

Yes its true that most of the graduated students have lost their valuable time while confusing their next move.
It is unfortunate, as I have many professional family members who completed their careers, and in the end had to develop skills to secure their economic future.
Well personally i dont really blame any of them for hoping and waiting for a white collar job tho, honestly speaking, that was the exact reason they went too school and studied hard for. But things didnt really go as planned. That is why these days they tell you get a hand skill and also study hard, so no matter how it goes you can stand your ground
Of course, I am not criticizing that they expect a job according to their studies. But I do think that while they wait, they should develop skills. It is not certain to get what they want and they should be prepared to face life in some way.

I don't think that it is many graduates buy few graduates who thinks that white collar job is easily achieved. This is why most of them end up idle and jobless after graduation

It is unfortunate, as I have many professional family members who completed their careers, and in the end had to develop skills to secure their economic future.

Of course, I am not criticizing that they expect a job according to their studies. But I do think that while they wait, they should develop skills. It is not certain to get what they want and they should be prepared to face life in some way.
Exactly, i believe that is where the problem lies. Many of our graduates do not want to let go of that dream, they still keep on hoping and holding on until it become too late, before they decide to face reality. The fail to understand that its better to do something no matter how small than doing nothing

Exactly, i believe that is where the problem lies. Many of our graduates do not want to let go of that dream, they still keep on hoping and holding on until it become too late, before they decide to face reality. The fail to understand that its better to do something no matter how small than doing nothing
I share your thinking, it is better to do anything than just wait for something, which may never come. Whatever skills you learn in that time, it will be beneficial either for your work in an office or freelancing.

I don't think people choosing unprofitable skills is the reason for high unemployment rates. Pretty much all skills can be profitable, but finding employment can be difficult, and in my opinion it is important to have more than one legs to stand on - you can cultivate skills and job experience outside of your qualifications too, and they can be really good side hustles or plan B's.

I don't think people choosing unprofitable skills is the reason for high unemployment rates. Pretty much all skills can be profitable, but finding employment can be difficult, and in my opinion it is important to have more than one legs to stand on - you can cultivate skills and job experience outside of your qualifications too, and they can be really good side hustles or plan B's.
I agree with you about the reason for the high unemployment rates, that is why it is good as you describe to have a plan "B", either as an entrepreneur, or to develop other skills that will open doors to other jobs.

I agree with you about the reason for the high unemployment rates, that is why it is good as you describe to have a plan "B", either as an entrepreneur, or to develop other skills that will open doors to other jobs.
The market may not yield return according to our requirements. And for that having a plan B is very important. People fail in the businesses, and it is normal but how we they recover from the losses is even more important.

The market may not yield return according to our requirements. And for that having a plan B is very important. People fail in the businesses, and it is normal but how we they recover from the losses is even more important.
Of course, we cannot remain in the failure, on the contrary, we must act to new opportunities where they may need our knowledge, or failing that, and the most advisable, is to retry and correct the mistakes of failure.

after so much interactions with a lot of people I found out that not everyone will like to learn and online scale. Some people generally believe that they are destined to work for other people.

Graduates feel entitled to a better life after graduation from college because that is what they have been told from time to time that once you're done with school your life gets settled.

Graduates feel entitled to a better life after graduation from college because that is what they have been told from time to time that once you're done with school your life gets settled.
True for years they have been hearing this, they have been thought to study hard in school in other to get a good paying jobs hence they stick to this mentality. And most of them do not even bother to learn a side skill, they are not aware of the harsh reality that there is no job out there.

True for years they have been hearing this, they have been thought to study hard in school in other to get a good paying jobs hence they stick to this mentality. And most of them do not even bother to learn a side skill, they are not aware of the harsh reality that there is no job out there.
With the rate at which unemployment is really rising I'm sure that most graduate was at one point or the other have heard how difficult it is to get a job but like I said earlier, they feel entitled to get a job.

They feel entitled and they are entitled. The problem is that it is not easy to get it, they can spend years looking without finding a job related to what they studied and prepared for. In time they will have to accept that not everything is as they dreamed and consequently undertake or perform other functions in a company.

Most graduates don't want to learn a profitable skill mainly because they have placed all their hopes on academics thinking that after graduation, they will hunt to jobs

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds