Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

Graduates should stop seeing things like going to learn a skill as a thing for the uneducated and illiterates, no it shouldn't be so.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is the dream of every graduate, but in many countries unfortunately it is not so, so they are still waiting and do not bother to solve. On the other hand, if they have a higher education and in turn develop skills, they have a better chance than others to get the position.

However, In my country the dream of every graduate is to get a job in a good company. They do not learn skills because they think that only uneducated people learn skills and I believe that this is very wrong thinking. Being educated does not mean that you will become inferior if you learn skills.

On a normal circumstance and in a good country, learning in school is enough to give you a comfortable life. It is because of the situation in some African countries that still make youth learn skills after graduation.

It mainly because when someone becomes a graduate, the hope for a much better income source starts intriguing the mind of the person. Hence, the person only focus for higher posts and ignore the opportunity which is nearby to him than his goals.

graduate in this country do not believe in learning a skill because they just believe that when they graduate from school they will get employment and become a government worker and that is all but the fail to understand that the country is no more as how they expected.

However, In my country the dream of every graduate is to get a job in a good company. They do not learn skills because they think that only uneducated people learn skills and I believe that this is very wrong thinking. Being educated does not mean that you will become inferior if you learn skills.
Not at all, having a higher education and developing a skill makes you more competent to get a job than simply a graduate with no skills. Over time these young people will learn and value the skills.

Not at all, having a higher education and developing a skill makes you more competent to get a job than simply a graduate with no skills. Over time these young people will learn and value the skills.

Yes, I know that. Unfortunately, the truth is most of the uneducated people in my country are skillful people and educated people are not at all skillful. This is because when people do not get proper education, they pursue skills. This is a reality. :(

Yes, I know that. Unfortunately, the truth is most of the uneducated people in my country are skillful people and educated people are not at all skillful. This is because when people do not get proper education, they pursue skills. This is a reality. :(
Yes, this is the reality and not only in your country, I think this is worldwide. Graduates also have skills that they have not discovered or developed. But they refuse to look outside an office for other means of income, and that is unfortunate.

Yes, this is the reality and not only in your country, I think this is worldwide. Graduates also have skills that they have not discovered or developed. But they refuse to look outside an office for other means of income, and that is unfortunate.

This reminds me of people always looking down on me when I told them that I want to make money as a writer. Most people thought that writing has no value at all. Today those people were proven wrong because right now I successfully work as a writer and earn money posting comments on forums.

This reminds me of people always looking down on me when I told them that I want to make money as a writer. Most people thought that writing has no value at all. Today those people were proven wrong because right now I successfully work as a writer and earn money posting comments on forums.
Excellent, that is the attitude we should all take, we have to show people that we can achieve our goals by developing our skills. Do not take into account the negative comments, just move forward and succeed.

It is easy to blame graduate that do not learn a skill after graduation. During the period of learning a skill you will need someone who will be giving you pocket money to go to work on a daily basis which most graduates do not have. Many parents discouraged their children to learning a skill believing that they will secure a job after graduation.

Well that is their own personal decision to do so,maybe the reason they do not want to learn a skill is that they are expecting to get work from the government after after graduation, it all depends on the interest of an individual because there are some people who don't like skill.

They spend a lot of time studying and working hard to get good grades, When they are asked to learn skills, they are just frustrated.
I think the main reason for this is for the fear risk involved in starting a business. The truth is if you're a born entrepreneur, it might be very difficult to just decide to go into it because of all the requirements involved.

I think the main reason for this is for the fear risk involved in starting a business. The truth is if you're a born entrepreneur, it might be very difficult to just decide to go into it because of all the requirements involved.

Not every one is born an entrepreneur and the world population mostly consists of poor people, so many people do not give importance to education. This is the reason why most of the skillful workers are uneducated in my country. I am not sure why you think that business has anything to do with a skillful worker.

Hmm, i can't understand why graduates especially here in my country feel reluctant to learning skill, or developing some mini business to earn a living. They're just relying on the dying govt that isn't encouraging for work. That's impossible in our country now, for the govt to provide job that will do everyone.

I agree with you though, in our country there are so many stressful situations that you won't find it easy combining your education with learning a skill.
postgraduate and frustrated after education and not getting a job with these they see it as a stress to go and learn other skills or learn a job so it becomes confusion to them.

with my experience in the university environment, I have personally found out that a lot of people go to school because they want to get employed and not creating their own employment.

postgraduate and frustrated after education and not getting a job with these they see it as a stress to go and learn other skills or learn a job so it becomes confusion to them.

The situation is quite similar in my country. there are many educated individuals in my country who pursue and learn more skills after they do not get a job in reputable firm. This is a very bitter truth and the government also does nothing for them.

with my experience in the university environment, I have personally found out that a lot of people go to school because they want to get employed and not creating their own employment.
This is exactly what usually happens, students aspire to a high-level position. As you describe it, their hope is not based on entrepreneurship or skills development, which would be wonderful.

I don't consider this be our concern in anyway because anyone can actually decide what is suitable for him or her,those people that are not actually interested in learning more of this skill have something much more better than the skill.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds