Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do so many graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill?

after so much interactions with a lot of people I found out that not everyone will like to learn and online scale. Some people generally believe that they are destined to work for other people.
This is very true and this believe that most people have that they will always work for people it's very bad for an individual to have as this is a slavery mentality because we're all meant to have our own establishment later in life and not to work and toy for other people all our life.

Advertisement Placeholder
When I noticed that I have no future getting a job anytime soon with my degree I quickly ventured to my long time business which I've been doing with my parents before going to the university.

Though you assertion may not be generalized but it is true that majority of the graduates don't like learning new skill. It may be because the so much trust in their certificates as the only way of fetching money.

One reason most graduates refuse to learn a profitable skill is they rely on the promises of 'i will get you a job' made to them by one uncle or big sister somewhere. Pride is also another reason in the sense that they feel it is awkward for them as a graduate to go learn a trade from someone who never finished from secondary school.

I have had the opportunity of conversing with some graduates and with the way they sounded its like they have an imaginary job waiting to them somewhere.

There are numerous profitable skills students can learn and the start making a lot of money for themselves and some of them are graphics designing and they can also learn internet marketing.

If the only reason for going to o school where to get the degree and look for work in a white collar sector, then such a person should not have started school, instead he should have have himself trained a long time in any handcraft

Even sometimes you have to give bribe to get the job. It has become a new norm, just like as you said you need connection with someone, in our area too, such things are taking toll.
I really like the word you used. It has indeed become a new norm. Not just in getting a job but to actually do anything these days many feel you have to always drop something. I once went to retrieve my stole mobile sim card and it took me almost a week to be able to get in cause of their system. And one told me if i had paid some amount i would have gotten it without stress.

They spend a lot of time studying and working hard to get good grades, When they are asked to learn skills, they are just frustrated.
Well not anymore, so many young people are are trying to acquire a skill now as a result of the current economic situation and the failed promises of the government, especially in my country.

The tradition has been that we are being guaranteed to have good jobs after studying in school for years, so the expectation was not skilled at all

You it's hard to start all over again learning another skill after spending up to 5 years in the University. I think the best higher institution should do is just to Introduce vocational skills into their curriculum

99% of skills needs funds to acquire them which might not be available and also not everyone has the ability/capacity to multitask

Everything boils down to mentality. majority of them believe that once they are graduate they are going to get employed automatically. They live in this dream until they graduate and discover that things are not what they expect them to be. So they often find themselves reluctant to learn a profitable skills.

There are several profitable businesses of skills anyone can learn while in school and some of them is graphics designing and they can also learn cryptocurrency trading.

Everything boils down to mentality. majority of them believe that once they are graduate they are going to get employed automatically. They live in this dream until they graduate and discover that things are not what they expect them to be. So they often find themselves reluctant to learn a profitable skills.
In our business culture a college diploma is a passport to an office job. Why learn some more when they can apply and get a white collar job with a good salary? That is the mentality of the young professionals here. They know that they can learn from the job once they are accepted.

Some of them are willing to learn skills but lack resources or funds to enroll to some courses or pay someone to teach them. But I know there are other free ways to learn some skills and so one should tap into those opportunities.

Any graduate that refuses to learn a skill is actually killing his or her self. Because the world now is for those who are skilled. It's not all about certificate
[automerge]1627018045[/automerge]
There are many graduate out there languishing on the street looking for jobs with their certificate. No job employment. If they had learnt something it would have be of use to them

As you mentioned, one of the many reasons why graduates refuse to learn profitable skill is because they are hopeful that their certificate will grant them safe employment

If the only reason for going to o school where to get the degree and look for work in a white collar sector, then such a person should not have started school, instead he should have have himself trained a long time in any handcraft
School is better and there is nothing wrong with schooling but being over dependence on government work especially here in Africa is the most dangerous high level of unemployment

School is better and there is nothing wrong with schooling but being over dependence on government work especially here in Africa is the most dangerous high level of unemployment
School is good for knowledge, but the real experience only comes when we work in reality. You can't get the experience sitting at home, you must come to the field and try things with your own hand to gain experience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds