Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why do bosses prefer female assistants?

Credits
I have been observing this for a very long time now and it's led me to the final conclusion that over 90% male bosses have the preference of using a female workers as their direct assistant and only few makes use of male workers. Ladies mostly use female too and less of men.

Why this kind of pattern in hiring assistants?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have been observing this for a very long time now and it's led me to the final conclusion that over 90% male bosses have the preference of using a female workers as their direct assistant and only few makes use of male workers. Ladies mostly use female too and less of men.

I think that it is a bit cultural thing in the office. maybe females are opted to become a secretary because this may be considered a normal thing in the corporate world. Similarly, an assistant may be a male person in many workplaces. So, it depends on the business settings.

Yeah I think @Good-Person is right about it being more of a cultural thing. Back in the 60s or so, women were often painted as a secretary or personal assistant to bosses, managers and so on.

But that's because women couldn't hold most jobs men had at the time, so women were often tasked with busy work like assisting people for the most part. But now days, women are open to take any jobs they desire. Women still take assistant jobs, but men also are hired into assistant jobs as well.

This is a good question. We now live in a world where we want equal rights for both men and women in the workplace but when it comes to some businesses, you find that many companies still hire just women to work as assistants because that is something that is normal and is what many are used to.

You will find some companies using males as assistants, it just really depends on the business and the person who owns it.

This is a good question. We now live in a world where we want equal rights for both men and women in the workplace but when it comes to some businesses, you find that many companies still hire just women to work as assistants because that is something that is normal and is what many are used to.

You will find some companies using males as assistants, it just really depends on the business and the person who owns it.

It's actually in this context of the so called we want equal rights for both men and women in the workplace that I had this thought up because it now seem like work discrimination to some extent. Most companies that I see advertising for the job position always make it specific for ladies.

Bosses will always prefer female assistant because they won't be that stubborn they will assist him and do what he says compare to male some male seems to be rude to their boss

Maybe it has got to do with qualification and experience. A lot of women are trained to become office assistants or personal assistants. Therefore, they know their jobs well, therefore, they work as assistants. You can see women working as personal assistant not just with male bosses but also with female boss.

I just think it is so because the female could be better in organizing the office space. The female has always been a good home keeper more than the male. Maybe that is one of the reasons..

Loyalty! That is the only reason that I can think of. Let's face it, most men are more ambitious in the workplace than women and this can make these men to have some rebellious attitudes when things are not going the way that it is supposed to go. So, because of avoiding some of these issues, these bosses prefer hiring the female assistants.

Loyalty! That is the only reason that I can think of. Let's face it, most men are more ambitious in the workplace than women and this can make these men to have some rebellious attitudes when things are not going the way that it is supposed to go. So, because of avoiding some of these issues, these bosses prefer hiring the female assistants.

Personally, I have had more loyal men working for me than female workers. So, I don't see it as a loyalty thing with employing ladies for the position of assistant over men. Unless it's just for the fact that some people would argue that it's more of a lady's job, there's nothing else I can see that makes them take such decision.

Well, really here the answers can be several, but I think it is something related to workplace tradition more than by anything else, I have seen both male and female assistants, but it is true that it is more frequent to see women in those positions, I do not know if it will be something related to sexism or simply a tradition, it would also be good to ask why there are many more men working in works? by physical strenght? or is there anything else?

Gender stereotypes should not be used to justify a boss' preference for female assistants. Choosing who to hire should be based on their qualifications, abilities, and fit for the position. Gender shouldn't be used as a criterion. To advance justice and avoid discrimination, the workplace must foster diversity and equitable opportunity. Merit-based hiring ought to be the standard.

Gender stereotypes should not be used to justify a boss' preference for female assistants. Choosing who to hire should be based on their qualifications, abilities, and fit for the position. Gender shouldn't be used as a criterion. To advance justice and avoid discrimination, the workplace must foster diversity and equitable opportunity. Merit-based hiring ought to be the standard.

This is exactly how I look at it whenever it comes to hiring anyone to work for me. Your sex doesn't guarantee you any position in my business. When there's someone more qualified to do the job, there sex would never be looked at but their capability. This have made it good for me never to hire who's never shouldn't be in my business.

Personally, I have had more loyal men working for me than female workers. So, I don't see it as a loyalty thing with employing ladies for the position of assistant over men. Unless it's just for the fact that some people would argue that it's more of a lady's job, there's nothing else I can see that makes them take such decision.

I do not think that it is about loyalty. Regardless of gender, anyone could be loyal or disloyal. Having said that, I think that it is much more about tradition rather than loyalty. They have been hiring females when it comes to secretary or receptionists in here.

I do not think that it is about loyalty. Regardless of gender, anyone could be loyal or disloyal. Having said that, I think that it is much more about tradition rather than loyalty. They have been hiring females when it comes to secretary or receptionists in here.

My conclusion is that they are more comfortable hiring ladies to do such work more than hiring men to do it and it's something that I can't simply understand but everyone really have their own reasons for doing whatever they are doing their own different businesses. But as far as I'm concerned, anyone is capable of working in that role in any business.

My conclusion is that they are more comfortable hiring ladies to do such work more than hiring men to do it and it's something that I can't simply understand but everyone really have their own reasons for doing whatever they are doing their own different businesses. But as far as I'm concerned, anyone is capable of working in that role in any business.

Well, there may be many different reasons for that. However, I have seen a large number of bosses hiring male assistants. There are many businesses and financial institutes where an assistant manager is a male. So, it depends on the business environment.

Well, there may be many different reasons for that. However, I have seen a large number of bosses hiring male assistants. There are many businesses and financial institutes where an assistant manager is a male. So, it depends on the business environment.

Personally, I don't see the business environment as anything that have any sort of influence on most businesses choosing to work with female as their assistants and secretety. There isn't much to look at that would be the reason but simply they look at the work description as what's more befitting for a lady.

Well, really here the answers can be several, but I think it is something related to workplace tradition more than by anything else, I have seen both male and female assistants, but it is true that it is more frequent to see women in those positions, I do not know if it will be something related to sexism or simply a tradition, it would also be good to ask why there are many more men working in works? by physical strenght? or is there anything else?

Men are naturally good at using their strength to work so works such as the construction companies or like in our office where you need strength to push a cylinder, you will see more men there. The work of an assistant need a lady more as it is a way to balance the management structure especially when there is need to go for meetings.

Men are naturally good at using their strength to work so works such as the construction companies or like in our office where you need strength to push a cylinder, you will see more men there. The work of an assistant need a lady more as it is a way to balance the management structure especially when there is need to go for meetings.

Yeah, that's very correct. In any business that's strength demanding, it's going to be very difficult to hire ladies to do the job. It's not that some ladies can't do the job because there are some of them that are strong like men but they are not many. It's a man's job most of the time. But if it's pushing documents, it's more left for the ladies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds