Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why are most female bossed in companies very bossy and authoritative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't know about that because I have met and even worked with quite a number of female bosses and they were all kind to the people under their supervision. They also try as much to support their employees when they are in distress. Except of course, an employee is caught in an improper misconduct, then they might be very harsh to that employee and might even fire him/her which is quite normal.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have heard some many takes about female bosses been a little bit more strict than their male counterparts, though I have never experienced such before, but I believe it is because of most the women are afraid of being disrespected or being taken advantage of because of their gender.
[automerge]1613226880[/automerge]
I have heard some many takes about female bosses been a little bit more strict than their male counterparts, though I have never experienced such before, but I believe it is because of most the women are afraid of being disrespected or being taken advantage of because of their gender.

Many workers have expressed their interest in working with a male boss more then working with a female boss.
In their opinion, female bosses are very authoritative and loves throwing their weight around especially when talking to males working under her.
Reason may not be too far fetched, their are marking their territories and also telling the males there not underestimate them just because they are females.
What's your take? Is it totally true?
This is very funny but true. I have also heard a lot of stories about female managers trying to be at shoulder to shoulder with the male staff that are working under them. Naturally all women always feel oppressed by men and so whenever they are given a chance to rule they try to show their powers.

It is not just male workers that don't like working under female bosses. Even female workers would rather work under a male boss over a female. Women are not used to being in a position of power all the time like the men. So when they finally get their chance they often misuse it by throwing their weight around and having a borderline superiority complex.

Being bossy I think is not about gender rather is about personality type. You can have a bossy male boss too. Though, atimes why some female bosses are bossy is because of self esteem. Some of them don't not wanna be intimated for anthjng, hence they look for the to build shield around themselves.
[automerge]1613227346[/automerge]
Being bossy I think is not about gender rather is about personality type. You can have a bossy male boss too. Though, atimes why some female bosses are bossy is because of self esteem. Some of them don't not wanna be intimated for anthjng, hence they look for the to build shield around themselves.

You are very right in that, I guess they feel that it's a great privilege to be preferred instead of a man, so they feel they should perform more than a man should do thereby throwing much weight around which is actually unnecessary

Many workers have expressed their interest in working with a male boss more then working with a female boss.
In their opinion, female bosses are very authoritative and loves throwing their weight around especially when talking to males working under her.
Reason may not be too far fetched, their are marking their territories and also telling the males there not underestimate them just because they are females.
What's your take? Is it totally true?
I cant say all women but most women takes the feminine position personally, they feel their place of authority should not be challenge, they have this default laziness and stinked manner of approach. Just very few are upright in their doing.

Difficult leaders come in all genders, but female managers (though blessedly free of the oink factor) fall into their own particular traps. Suzy Welch points out the best ways around them.
The day I was made a boss for the first time, my own boss gave me a rhinestone-covered magic wand as a gift. "You're going to need this," she said with a wry smile, "to make all your mistakes disappear." Panic must have swept across my face at that moment, because my boss quickly winked at me. I laughed brightly in return, but inside I was thinking, "Mistakes? What mistakes are they expecting? They promoted me, didn't they?"

Read more: https://www.oprah.com/money/5-mista...-to-become-a-better-manager/all#ixzz6mMbqOpyN

Yeah!, you are actually right, but not all women boss wear such attitude. However, sometimes they really want to take full control of the operations happening with in the business organization. In order to set things aright before it finally get out of control. It is sometimes good for their type of gender to be little bossy type mixed with other leadership style nature to move the business forward.
That's it! They don't want people to take advantage of their gender ( being the weaker sex) that's why they put up an intimidating front, so no one takes advantage of them

Permit me to laugh in this post, hahahhaha. We all know that women are not taken seriously women are viewed as weak and not capable. If your female boss is bossy then she must have been oppressed one way or another in her life journey. So please just get on her good side and not take it personal.

many or a number of people have preferred working with Male boss than the female but it also depends on the company they are operating if it happens to be their family property or backed by godfatherism.

Most of the times it is split the complex issues of their sexes that brings about his. They want to assert their authority to make sure of themselves

Concerning your question on why female bosses are so authoritative and bossy especially to the male employees under them, well I would say that you are right as this is common with a lot of female bosses, they do this to mark their territory

There are actually lesser women in management positions in comparison to men. I think woman would like to behave that way because she has a feeling people would not see her as enough in the business and that behaviour is merely to stamp authority.

Not all female boses ,there are still some female boses that are not too strict and bossy they are kind ,it depends on the ones you have met. Dont generalise it too.

I have to admit that in our culture it is still the masculine type that matters. That is one reason why a female boss is authoritative. She may be scared that her subordinates will take her for granted especially if the company's nature of business is for the masculine like construction and engineering. I have a niece who is a boss in a construction company. She said that she has the strict face for a facade just so her subordinates will be intimidated.

I wouldn't think most female bosses are that way. You might be thinking this way based on your own personal experience of meeting such types of bosses coincidentally this way. The ones some people have met aren't that way

not always to be honest, i have a pretty decent experience with the HR of a big company that did an interview for me, she was very friendly, it just depends on who you are dealing with

Female generally are very bossy in nature even having them as a wife they always want to feel like the only boss in the house. It doesn't looks any strange to me if they start to feel bossy at work, it is in their blood to behave in such manner.

William process many thanks to their emotions. As a result of this they found it difficult to maintain power or remain calm in the position of authority. is it a mission of power being bossy over everybody will be pushing them to react to anything that comes their way. The gate is not like that with men, main process most of the things through logic. before they could be as they would have think deeply about that thing and for see the outcome before they take the action.
How is a female boss feel so bossy and authoritative because they allow emotion play in their field of work. Women are so emotional and everything they do, they allow emotion to play a big role in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds