Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why are most female bossed in companies very bossy and authoritative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally, people see feminity as a symbol weakness and always like to take an advantage of this. In a step to guide against this by female bosses, they tend to appear more strict and firm so as to command the necessary respect. The power and authority is intrinsic of male bosses so they may not need to be too firm to command the respect.

Advertisement Placeholder
There’s a common challenge facing women in leadership roles, from team leaders right up to the C-suite. It’s a classic communication challenge that reveals the unconscious gender bias of workplace language – and it all starts with the word ‘bossy’.Male behaviors that are labelled confident and assertive, are labelled pushy and bossy for women.Men can be level-headed and authoritative, whereas women are more likely to be labelled passive or Men rarely earn labels like gossipy or moody. Women rarely get labelled logical or Male colleagues have robust discussions, female colleagues have arguments.

This is a common phenomenon among mostly single women, they feel so ontop of the world because of their position as heads of department in a company or any other positions of authority in a company. I think that they are putting up this tough character against men to avoid them being disrespected by men as women are mostly looked down upon at workplace.

Many workers have expressed their interest in working with a male boss more then working with a female boss.
In their opinion, female bosses are very authoritative and loves throwing their weight around especially when talking to males working under her.
Reason may not be too far fetched, their are marking their territories and also telling the males there not underestimate them just because they are females.
What's your take? Is it totally true?

That seems to be the nature of most women. They just love to control things when they get a little opportunity. I once worked for a female boss, and i wasn't encouraged.

Females boss are always bossy. It is rampant all over the universe.
It want to be of opinion that all of that are done in order to protect themselves.
Also, most of them do out of inferiority complex
Some of them act that way so as not to be taken for granted

Reason is because, naturally as a woman it is in our genetic nature to be saucy and insecure every woman wants to be in a competition with another woman. Have worked with both male and female bosses and I can tell you that female bosses are usually difficult to bear with. Have seen a situation where a female boss would accuse her staff of having an affair with her husband even without basis..

Yes ooo,its is very common among those female bosses . I think its has been in there blood ,th ego is too much.in fact I'd you dare offend them then you are in deep problem.

I think it is because women are already unfairly deemed or seen as inferior to their male counterparts, especially when it comes to holding leadership positions. So they try to be strict with a no nonsense management style to prove or show that they effectively lead just like a man.
But in the actual sense, most strict female bosses are nice and have a soft spot.

Just the way there are authoritative bosses in men so also there are also authoritative bosses in women. Its not a gender something but habitual something. I can't forget my experience with my once authoritative managing director very terrible I can't take such again.

Yeah!, you are actually right, but not all women boss wear such attitude. However, sometimes they really want to take full control of the operations happening with in the business organization. In order to set things aright before it finally get out of control. It is sometimes good for their type of gender to be little bossy type mixed with other leadership style nature to move the business forward.
I think the observation is valid, most women always want to appear too bossy to their followers reason beacuase they believe if they don't do that they might not get the respect they deserve as the society sees them as weaker vessels

Actually, this can be true because some of this female business tend to have the idea of them been override by male working under them, but most times the reverse is the case, I believe to do this just make the male feel they also can take drastic action towards their business.

There it's not empirical data to support the start that are female bosses are more talkative than the male ones. There are Bosses everywhere and the way we react to pressure is quite different. We have to understand quite hectic because they have to handle so many things at the same time- their work-life and the family and raising their kids.

Many workers have expressed their interest in working with a male boss more then working with a female boss.
In their opinion, female bosses are very authoritative and loves throwing their weight around especially when talking to males working under her.
Reason may not be too far fetched, their are marking their territories and also telling the males there not underestimate them just because they are females.
What's your take? Is it totally true?
I believe the reason for female bosses feeling bossy in most of the organization they find themselves,is due to the nature of that feminine virtues in them.
They don't want to be look down on.

Wow! I like your analysis, and the fact that you said it's sometimes good they mix the aspect of them with other leadership qualities.
It can also make those working under them to seat up and do their work to hit targets.
Bravo!!
The reason is that most of the female are always reactive to matters and they are to be corrected by there husband, and the reason is that is how God created them, not that they're doing it intentionally.

Self esteem is a what is worrying women to misbehave to people under them when they are in position of heading, though not all women have this attitude, there are some of them that have a good manners and polite attitude. But let me say it's like 80% of them are in this shoe.

Women generally don't really know how to handle leadership role they are always feeling bossy and the oppressed the staff under them. I have work with one before she will never hear you out you must always accept the blame of what you did not do. And they don't know how to talk sometime. I don't like working with a female boss I don't know whether they always feel intimidated by men around them or may be that is their nature.

I think that will depend on the character of each person, whether it is him or her as bosses regardless of gender. I have worked with different directors and managers of both genders and have met extraordinary people as well as people of strong character. Then I realize that it is not a question of gender but of personality

I understand the argument you are trying to make, but more often when women take the rein of an organization, they are often looked down and the presumption is that they will fall flat in terms of their results compared to a male. All of the lawyers are not all similar to their model. Some are strict and demanding.

Most female booss in a company are bossy and authoritatively because of inferiority complex and pride. Many of them use to think that men will be taking them for granted if they don't harsh and some of them use to believe that what men can do, they can do it more better.

There are many complicated reasons. There’s no one thing. It can’t simply be ascribed to discrimination or bias or this idea that women want to have babies. There is a very complicated set of dynamics that are going on culturally and socially that are at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds