Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why are most female bossed in companies very bossy and authoritative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this has something to do with the way most men or the society itself look in women. It's often look down, only for households, etc. It was only recently women use their voices after many decades of being silence.

Advertisement Placeholder
Female bosses get like this because of the reason you highlighted. I must note that not all female bosses have this attribute but many of the ones that do, they do so perhaps because they are trying to put up a brave front.

Where I come from, it is easy for a man in the work environment to look down on a woman than a fellow man. Hence, the woman feels like she needs to do extra to affirm that she's in charge.

Not all female boss are actually bossy. Whenever I see those female boss that are bossy it makes me wonder what would have happened if women were to be the ones ruling the world at the moment.

Many females when place or assigned in a powerful seat, they act bossy not just at place of work even in the community or a small society. The reason can’t be far fetched it just because most of them don’t want to get disrespected and few are always feminist so they wear the feminism character of ruling and taking total control of the opposite sex. Some can be as a result of how they were trained.

Many workers have expressed their interest in working with a male boss more then working with a female boss.
In their opinion, female bosses are very authoritative and loves throwing their weight around especially when talking to males working under her.
Reason may not be too far fetched, their are marking their territories and also telling the males there not underestimate them just because they are females.
What's your take? Is it totally true?
I stongly agree with this😅 women have characteristics that cannot be explained why they can easily manipulate us men. The saying is really true; "in each man's success, there's a woman behind it" at "woman is man's strength, so as weakness".

Not all female bosses are bossy I once had a female boss and she is a very super amazing boss ,and yes I gave had of the one that are bossy as well but the funny part of it is that the bossy one are just insecure of them self , and it in every women's blood inferiority complex and in other for people not to see that they result to bossy .

That's their nature because they are not created to rule any society or organization. Generally, women don't have that leadership treat but due to the fact that they like competing with men they intend to do all sort of those things and at the end it always get back to them

I have noticed also that female bosses are very strict compared to the male ones. I also wondered why is the absolute explanation for this . During my first job, I was under a female boss and I can say it was not a good job staying there since everything I feel is high pressure.

We've got another thing to add to the long list of things keeping competent women from climbing the corporate ladder: The more we mimic men's leadership styles the less likely we are to be perceived as effective by other employees, new research shows.
In a new report published by Skyline Group International, researchers found that women who exert their leadership by behaving like men are seen as "bossy," and less effective than male counterparts who behave the exact same way.

It is very wrong to throw weight around male working for a female boss. Women ordinarily are rude when you place them on a high position.
I use to tell people that women are not supposed to be above male or meant to dominate in any company.

I feel because it is not the responsibility of a woman to lead a company naturally, hence they require solid training to maintain and function in that office as a boss without been authoritative. Many women believe we live in a patriarchy world, that is, a society governed by men. So women tend to get bossy especially over men at workplaces. To some women, it is down to marital issues. They don't have a happy marriage, so they take it out against men at their workplace.

For the little I know. Women who control an organization are either too gentle and meek or authoritative and mean. I only see this as an inferior complexity. Women always believe people downgrade them sexually. So they believe when they act like men, they may be like men.

most times when women take the rein of an organisation, they are often looked down and the general expectations is for them to fall flat in terms of performance compared to a man. So sometimes they will be strict and demanding.

Since women began to climb the management ladder, pundits have asked if they have what it takes to lead groups and organizations. The answer isn't as simple as yes or no. According to the research, while men and women are equally effective in some settings, more often effectiveness depends on the fit between the setting and management gender. For example, women's typically more mentoring, coaching style is more favorably received in female-dominated professions; men's more typically "command and control" style is well received in male-dominated professions.

Thus, all things being equal, men and women are equally effective. But given varied work settings and a workplace whose top managers are still more likely to be male, all things rarely are equal. For example, women are slightly more likely to be "transformational" leaders, serving as role models, helping employees develop their skills, and motivating them to be dedicated and creative. That approach may actually be more effective in today's less hierarchical organizations. But not all workplaces are alike: The participatory style may backfire in traditional male settings such as the military or organized sports. Conversely, the command-and-control style more typical of men may backfire in a social-service agency or retail outlet.

Generally, females are very authoritative in nature. With few exceptions, I think the reason is because they want to prove that anything a man can do a woman can do better, in that scenario they are trying to prove a point.
I have seen someone who said that he will never work with a woman because of this kind of behaviour or character they exhibit.

The is not far fetch from your opinion, they don't want to be under look because they are female, secondly, in a general terms female talk too much and like to show off in what ever they do, and so, if they are made a leader they will be showing off and like to be recognized.

Simply because they won't be taken serious if they loosen up. Women are venerable and so are victims of some manipulative men who use their charms to lure a lady into during what she didn't want. If a lady acts like that in a business, it will go down. So she has to toughen up and play her roles well. Also, this is general, bosses have should not be too playful or cordial with subordinates.

Exactly! But most time they over do it. Sometimes being too strictas a female boss doesn't always end well.

Yeah, some women are always being bossy when they attain a particular position. But i do not think it's the same for women, it just depends on who you are- the character. I've met different women who are in position and they don't all act the same

Most men look down on women, not just men but the society. They feel leadership roles should be handled by only men. When a woman is given the opportunity to head a company, she will have to be tough but not too tough, just tough enough to command respect, so her male employees and other workers aswell will not take her for granted. When you meet some of these women outside the workplace environment, you will realise that they are actually nice and kind hearted. Although there are some women that are naturally difficult. It all depends.

women are called bossy in the workplace more often than men and business studies do proclaim this contention. Therefore, it is interesting and intriguing to introspect why a so-called ‘weak gender’ have a whole lot of “bossy” guts to change the world when it boils down to motivating and encouraging people as a leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds