Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Who Should Take The Blame For Not Meeting Deadline?

When a business refused to meet up with any business deadline the person to blame is the manager. The manager controls, direct and organise every functions of business activities because the machine will not work by itself if the manager do not instruct his employees to operate it, likewise every other operations in the business. When a business fails to deliver, the manager is to be blamed for his incompetence.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think the both should be blame for not meeting the deadline, them should also produced a good leader because as worker really need to take his work serious.

Whenever there is some kind of failure in a task been given. You have to research first to know exactly where the fault was and do not be quick to place blames.

The whole bulks stops at the desk of the head and manager of the project.He has the sole responsibility to shedule,monitor and supervise the project to completion.Any lapses along the part should be corrected on time to ensure timely completion of the project.

I think the issue here is the strength of the task and the duration given to them. Secondly there is should be assessment of the task done to know whether the team did something tangible or not before blaming.

I think the issue here is the strength of the task and the duration given to them. Secondly there is should be assessment of the task done to know whether the team did something tangible or not before blaming.
See, blaming should not be the first priority, fixing the problem should be the main focus. Blaming will only solve the problem temporarily, but when you fix the problem it will have permanent result.

See, blaming should not be the first priority, fixing the problem should be the main focus. Blaming will only solve the problem temporarily, but when you fix the problem it will have permanent result.
Yeah blaming is not necessary at such situation but there is also need to know what caused the fall , who and who are involved and to educate them again to avoid further occurrence

yes if you have not been able to meet up to the deadline of a particular task or activities then you should take the blame because you supposed to have acted irresponsibly,this is one of the sign of immaturity and you should always try to correct it as much as possible.

As a leader, there is much expected from him or her, there are alot of responsibility on the shoulder of the leader. If things goes wrong, it is the leader who takes the blame. If things goes bad, the leader takes the blame. And when things goes right, the leader gets most of the credit as well. It is the team leaders duty to make sure they always meet up with the deadlines

The question is relative, either of the teams I.e the leader or the subordinate could have been responsible for the delay and not meeting with the deadline. The followers should not always take the blame.

The question is relative, either of the teams I.e the leader or the subordinate could have been responsible for the delay and not meeting with the deadline. The followers should not always take the blame.
The leader or manager takes the blame for the command responsibility even if the delay was caused by a staff or subordinate. But in return the erring staff will answer to the manager. I like that setup when the manager takes the full blame so that his subordinate will be answerable only to him.

If the things needed is provided to them on time, and the team assigned the task failed to accomplish it, it is tantamount to breaching deadline.

My mother works for a company right now, that the location manager and the group managers are to blame for the failure of the tasks being completed in a timely manner. They tend to blame the employees for not hitting goals and completion dates, because the managers don't understand that it is their fault for how the employees get trained and treated. If you cannot manage appropriately, it is appropriately your fault for any issues the comes up, because of an employee that doesn't know how to do something properly.

The whole bulks stops at the desk of the head and manager of the project.He has the sole responsibility to shedule,monitor and supervise the project to completion.Any lapses along the part should be corrected on time to ensure timely completion of the project.
I totally agree with you, the superior of a company must "schedule, monitor and supervise the project until its completion" The employees must obey his orders and comply with the direct orders, if the boss notices any failure on the way, he must solve the situation immediately to meet the deadline.

As long as you are employed into a particular organisation to work then you must always try as much as possible to carry out the instruction you are expected to do, yes you need to blame yourself and your team if you failed to meet up the deadline.

The leader or manager takes the blame for the command responsibility even if the delay was caused by a staff or subordinate. But in return the erring staff will answer to the manager. I like that setup when the manager takes the full blame so that his subordinate will be answerable only to him.
I agree with you but in reality, the manager will want to put all the blame on the staff simply because he feels he is the boss which is totally wrong.

Yeah blaming is not necessary at such situation but there is also need to know what caused the fall , who and who are involved and to educate them again to avoid further occurrence
I have seen in many working organization including mine, whenever something wrong happens, everyone in the higher positions start to pass the blame to someone. It is better to accept the mistake and then rectify it yourself.

Often, it’s easy for managers to blame project delays and the problems that come with it on their team lead.

If an employees constantly fail to meet deadlines, it is good to look other things associated to the project like how their tasks are being structured, how much support is being offered to them, and how organized their working environment is.

is it right to blame the team lead for not meeting a deadline?
I would always say that when you comes to you deadlines in an organisation it is those who are the stakeholders in that deadline that should be held responsible for not meeting them.

It depends. If the working conditions is favorable and conducive to working. Then the workers should be banned for not meeting up. However, if the reverse is the case, then the employer should be blamed for not giving the right tools and expect efficiency.
You are very correct, the condition for which the job is carried out will determine who to be blamed for the business but in most cases the business owner or the manager is to be blamed for not meeting deadline because he controls other function of the business.

I would always say that when you comes to you deadlines in an organisation it is those who are the stakeholders in that deadline that should be held responsible for not meeting them.
It is correct, the interested parties in the deadline must be the responsible ones, besides they are the ones who reach agreements and give their word as to the delivery date. When this type of agreement exists, it is not the employees who sign, it is the managers who reach agreements with the customers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds